UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

On 9/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, NaBarney said:

Yeah idk where he goes, (maybe Miami lol) and I shouldn't say his whole team his trash, he has an all-star in Middleton and Brook Lopez does a lot and korver is one of the best shooters ever not that he plays much... So it's not like giannis is exactly perfect, he just couldn't carry a worse than average team by himself.  So maybe he stays and they get people around him somehow who can help cover for giannis when his limitations are getting exposed or misses a game or two with an injury. 

This whole season has been whack. The great debate has been lately is Giannis more Mike or Scottie, I see more Mike personally. He is in the prime of his career, and has accomplished a good amount with this small market team. Just gotta keep stabbing at the prize, with your above average chess pieces. Always hard to win a chip.

Man this box score makes no sense...kawhi played 2 more minutes than PG and is -1 while PG is -23?? Meanwhile Zubac is +11 in 30 minutes...? So I guess George + the second unit with Lou and Montrez got absolutely drubbed by Jokic, only thing I can guess and I haven't even looked at the Nuggets side of things yet. Definitely gonna have to watch this game before game 7 to see wtf happened

Screenshot_20200913-231844.thumb.png.aa58b2bf239b0f5e6c8bd7944110116e.png

Jesus christ wtf is Jokic on?? And Murray shooting almost perfect. I don't think this is going to happen again in the next game, but it's also entirely possible that it doesn't need to for them to win if PG and Lou both go 2-14 or some shit.

Kawhi is going to get his that's just a given, but it's also a given that he's not going to have a 40 point game basically ever because that's not him, so unless he takes over like we've never seen him do before he's going to be counting on his teammates to not drop this series to the fuckin Nugs. Man wtf man

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, NaBarney said:

\awhi is going to get his that's just a given, but it's also a given that he's not going to have a 40 point game basically ever because that's not him, so unless he takes over like we've never seen him do before he's going to be counting on his teammates to not drop this series to the fuckin Nugs. Man wtf man

this lol. ive said that to myself about kawhi so many times. hes just not the type of player to have some 60 point game that will carry the whole squad--not that he cant carry of course, but yea.

the roleplayers need to deliver SOMETHING. i mean 2 fucking points? thats crazy.

they need to win tonight..they need to. we cant have denver be entertainment theives. im hoping the nuggets have one of their shittier games as they seem to be an inconsistent team..but if they dont, clippers better bring it.

lmao.

embarrassing. i saw the box score at the start of the 4th and told myself they deserved to lose. they disrespected the nuggets more than a couple times in a few of those games, like leaving them open at the 3...they threw.

and the roleplayers couldnt score enough for the second game in a row---and in a game where kawhi and PG were off...gg.

id hope the nuggets could surprise us again by beating the lakers, but they have to be gassed now, and the lakers are too rested.

15 minutes ago, Hidden said:

could you imagine if Miami wins this shit?

i think theyre outclassed...match up difference, unfortunately. i think theyre too small--and not as talented? but--

could you IMAGINE?

It would definitely be Miami's coolest championship. Yea you're right though they really don't have any size after Bam. Jae Crowder missing 3s and Kelly Olynyk riding pine is about it for their "bigs"

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:44 PM, Hidden said:

well congrats to LA.

wouldve been unreal if miami pulled that off. holy hell.

and now...see you when?..i have no clue.

everything is all fucked up.

Early word is that the new season starts on MLK Day.

This one feels good.  Butler was amazing in the series, but he and Miami were up against a franchise on a mission.  Personally, I think the whole "Win it for Kobe and Gianna" was bordering on bathos.  It's not so much that their death wasn't immensely tragic, but the extent to which it was deployed to create a motivation for winning the title was, to put it mildly, a bit much.  Nonetheless, it gave a certain context to #17 that made this a must win for the Lakers that would have overshadowed any other storyline coming into the game, including JB's monstrous triple doubles in 3 and 5, and it also made the win all the more significant in a time when bubble sports has limited the kind of interaction that fans (including the LAs notoriously entitled ones) need to be invested in the game.  It's going to suck not being able to do a parade, but I can certainly live with it given the circumstances and how much the championship as a whole means to us.

• Like 1

wow january season. so strange.

you know, about the kobe stuff--i was kind of worried about the team going in with that sort of pressure--namely with the, "if we reach whatever round (i forget which), we'll wear these jerseys in honor of them," part.

just wear them..it made me uncomfortable knowing that that honor to their memory was just going to go down the drain if they had lost in one of the earlier rounds..i didnt like that one.

• Like 1

A lot of dates are out there now, but I really don't know if they can go much further than January without truncating the season.

I kind of laugh at the Mamba uniforms because form a distance they look like the much maligned "Hollwood Nights" blacks from a couple years back.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 7:27 AM, Seight said:

So that means an entire team of players that would call touch fouls if you played a pickup game with them Houston is once again out. 

Of course Houston is out.

The NBA is bizarrely in love with California teams.....even though 3 quarters of Californians hate the NBA and the fandom comes from weird out of state types....

They hate the Rockets because they're creepy to the BATHLs.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been paying attention, but now that we're deep into these playoffs i'm ready to jump on a bandwagon and pretend i've been invested since the beginning....

What the hell are the Hawks still doing here and where the hell is Lebron???

Edited by Mix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this point I want to see Philly run it back with Ben Simmons one more time, let's go. Fuck it young lion, go ahead and overstay your welcome, no one better trade for this guy or I'll be upset at them for robbing us of this season-long disaster in the making. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:03 AM, Nabreezy said:

Optimistic about the odds of this happening, or how it would go if it happens...?

Oh holy shit this has already happened. I have no idea where anyone plays anymore, just going to accept whatever teams look like come playoff time because this is too much to keep up with.

Was reading box scores and apparently PJ Tucker is on the Heat and Iguodala is back in Golden State? Kuzma stuck on the wizards lmao. 

Brooklyn's entire roster is crazy to me, even outside their big 3 I don't get how one team has all these guys. I know they're old but still. 

But anyways nah, kemba is not good.

Edited by Nabreezy