UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

Bucks Lakers was good, they made it so dramatic with all the historic graphics and stuff. That one play late in the 4th where lebron was guarding giannis who got the first step on him and LeBron was literally just a step too slow and fell him and hit the ground hard as Giannis dunked it and got the And 1 sticks out in my mind.

The Warriors Christmas game was actually fun, rockets once again just kept shooting missed 3's 

LA game was great, Kawhi postgame "this means nothing, its only one game" Pat Bev taunting the crowd like FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE 

Edited by NaBernie2020
  • Like 1

boyyyyyyyyyyyyy LOL

before this game i was saying..if the clips win this, lebron fans will be on suicide watch..these guys are on social media trying to shit talk kawhi leonard when the guy doesnt even talk. just plays.

and i was right. fans in shambles. great game. kawhi kept them in but PG and co need to do more more consistently. i feel like it isnt rare that everyone else is just--off offensively while still playing good defense. 

kawhi interview + beverlys reaction was great. kawhi letting people know he is focused, realizes there is a bigger picture..he actually doesnt care about all the noise.

also--what the fuck houston, lol. i didnt even bother with that game.

i tune in somewhere in the 3rd and see that these guys are losing to the warriors and i call it a day..i heard westbrook was taking some questionable pull up 3's lol.

Edited by Hidden
  • Haha 1

After the Rockets loss they showed hardens stats from tonight vs his season average and were like HMM ONLY 24 POINTS THATS LOW FOR HIM HE AVERAGES 38 and right there on the screen was the stat showing he averages 12 made free throws per game and only got 1 attempt tonight, thay explains the disparity exactly. 

And yeah WB was unabashedly chucking 3's, been at like 25% on them for two years at least he honestly should be shooting fewer 3's than Ben Simmons but it felt like he was 0-10 and most weren't excusable.

Edited by NaBernie2020
  • Thanks 1

hes so good at drawing fouls its unreal...and all the same--some of the calls are unreal in my opinion. i mean damn. but that being said, players have to stop fouling people at the 3 point line. come on man..i was thinking to myself how in the iverson, kobe, etc. era, there just weren't fouls like this, though the game also wasnt played the same, but still; you'd think players would be better about it this time around given the time they're playing in.

im happy that westbrook can pass to people who can shoot now--really nice to see--but yea, he needs to work on those shots.

as for tonight...lamarcus aldridge has such a consistent jumper. i love his mid-range game.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NaBernie2020 said:

I'm weirdly up for this Lakers Rockets game tonight, the two most regular season-ass teams in the league this year

I know the Rockets have already done it a few times but I want a NBA 2K20-looking-ass type of game where the final score is, like, 130-125 without going into overtime.

that game turned out to be pretty good. also surprised to see lakers get knocked the fuck out more or less by the celtics..even crazier though is that kemba is now 1-28 vs lebron. haha.

rockets were 9/45 from 3 vs okc the other day..lol. lost after leading by 15 at one point.

you know chris paul went to the club after both those wins vs houston.

2 hours ago, Hidden said:

rockets were 9/45 from 3 vs okc the other day..lol. lost after leading by 15 at one point.

They read a stat during the rockets loss vs the Lakers - including that game, they've had like 12 games so far this season that they lost after leading by double digits. And the record for an entire season is i think they said 21 games, so Houston is on track to beat that fail record. 

They threw away Chris Paul so idk who is going to make those simple midrange shots that you need sometimes in the playoffs. It's just Westbrook/harden drives and 3's

ridiculous. the mid range game has to be on westbrook..i think that fits him better anyways. 

if he starts shooting around the key more and continues to go for layups, they should be good..but this time around he loves to drive then dish out to the sides since there are soo many shooters around him now. tough.

3 minutes ago, NaBrunswick said:

Probably the heaviest dude in the league and he's already hit more 3's than Ben Simmons has in what feels like his entire career

Screenshot_20200123-003117.png

Pfffft, you just hit me with a fat stat. In defense of Ben Simmons, he is super dynamic, and honestly if he never gets a shot, i feel like that might be ok. But I know a lot of people think he needs that for Philly to be a bonafide contender, but maybe he is just what is he is ya know? We shall see.

2 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

Pfffft, you just hit me with a fat stat. In defense of Ben Simmons, he is super dynamic, and honestly if he never gets a shot, i feel like that might be ok. But I know a lot of people think he needs that for Philly to be a bonafide contender, but maybe he is just what is he is ya know? We shall see.

Haha well I saw this and was like Damn

Screenshot_20200123-004821.thumb.png.a58f6a1e6f513fca8fe48f0e1117293f.png

It's just so weird how he never even tries to shoot them, but when he does they go in (pretty sure he's 2/2 this season) so it's like come on man. But yeah his free throws and even short 2's still look wild at times so i get his reluctance to shoot when he's not a shooter, wants to play to his strengths, the only real problem with that is Embiid could REALLY use a normal, shooting point guard and not another 7' dude hanging around near the rim all the time or standing wide open with no one guarding him while Embiid gets double teamed...

On 1/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, Seight said:

I know the Rockets have already done it a few times but I want a NBA 2K20-looking-ass type of game where the final score is, like, 130-125 without going into overtime.

Granted it was a weird night with the kobe stuff but honestly these are probably the two teams to follow for that this season

https://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401161329

Feels like every few days someone pours in 135 on either Washington and Atlanta and when they're not getting completely blown out the final scores have looked pretty nuts

Also I watched Boston beat Philly last night and my only real take away, besides Jaylen Brown can play, is - Tacko Fall has to be 8 feet tall in shoes, the dude literally looked like he was out there playing with teenagers. He high fived 7 footer Ben Simmons after the game and had to stare straight down at him like you would if you were looking at your shoes

I know everyone these days just wants to see most of the league become a feeder system for the few good/high profile teams every year that get included in the "top contender" category, but man that Iggy thing bothered me. When Memphis traded for him i was excited bc he was my favorite Warrior and wanted to see him play for the grizzlies  Instead he's so disgusted with his perception of the team he refuses to even go to Memphis and demands they free him to a better team. Memphis is good, Miami as a city capable of having a basketball team literally wont even exist in about 60 years. Definitely hope the Heat get knocked out in round one (probably impossible in the east but) and Grizzlies advace

Edited by NaBrunswick

3 minutes ago, NaBrunswick said:

I know everyone these days just wants to see most of the league become a feeder system for the few good/high profile teams every year that get included in the "top contender" category, but man that Iggy thing bothered me. When Memphis traded for him i was excited bc he was my favorite Warrior and wanted to see him play for the grizzlies  Instead he's so disgusted with his perception of the team he refuses to even go to Memphis and demands they free him to a better team. Memphis is good, Miami as a city capable of having a basketball team literally wont even exist in about 60 years. Definitely hope the Heat get knocked out in round one (probably impossible in the east but) and Grizzlies advace

Memphis had no intention of playing him; they said as much.  The goal all along was to use him to get prospective value in return.   I'm sure he would have improved them right away, but he's not getting them past the top of the conference.  That's why it was a better play was to hold him out so he doesn't get injured, and wait for a contender (not in the West) to offer something significant in trade.

• D'oh 1

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Memphis had no intention of playing him; they said as much.  The goal all along was to use him to get prospective value in return.   I'm sure he would have improved them right away, but he's not getting them past the top of the conference.  That's why it was a better play was to hold him out so he doesn't get injured, and wait for a contender (not in the West) to offer something significant in trade.

They definitely wanted him to play for them regardless of whether they were going to consider trading him. I think Iggy is still good and if he played like he's supposed to they might be a 5 seed right now and then they'd have to think abt keeping him or raise the trade price. Getting JJJ and Ja playoff xp is more valuable than Justice Winslow

Edited by NaBrunswick
  • D'oh 1

• 2 weeks later...

oh so hes not coming back this season huh. i never heard the conclusion to that madness. lordly lord.

regarding houston v clips..another crazy stat: kawhi leonard averages 56% from two point range. the rest of the league: 34. THIRTY-FOUR PERCENT. THE LEAGUE.

im gonna sound like a broken record soon but man..i cant help but remain surprised at the new state of the game. crazy stuff.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hidden said:

oh so hes not coming back this season huh. i never heard the conclusion to that madness. lordly lord.

regarding houston v clips..another crazy stat: kawhi leonard averages 56% from two point range. the rest of the league: 34. THIRTY-FOUR PERCENT. THE LEAGUE.

im gonna sound like a broken record soon but man..i cant help but remain surprised at the new state of the game. crazy stuff.

You called it earlier this season about Westbrook becoming Houson's go-to scorer with his efficiency from 2. So glad he barely takes any 3's anymore (relatively) 

• Thanks 1

LOL this man has been growing on me. i respect his intensity. certainly a key player for the clippers.

its a shame that westbrook hates him. i feel like those two would get along off the court, just talking shit about players while watching games on the couch.

12 hours ago, Hidden said:

LOL this man has been growing on me. i respect his intensity. certainly a key player for the clippers.

its a shame that westbrook hates him. i feel like those two would get along off the court, just talking shit about players while watching games on the couch.

Beverley is kind of a tool, so it's no wonder Westbrook hates him.  As dislikable as Westbrook is on the court (usually to opposing fans who are being particularly douchey) his reputation is somewhat undeserved off the court (and that's saying something for a Bruin).  He gets too much flak for not suffering fools like this.

lol beverly is your typical clown. talks a lot and will always do so--even when he needs to just not talk at all.

but comments like the one he made about lebron will always get me. too funny.

westbrook can be too much at times i guess but ive always liked him; i respect his intensity as well. they are two sides of the same coin in a way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hidden said:

lol beverly is your typical clown. talks a lot and will always do so--even when he needs to just not talk at all.

but comments like the one he made about lebron will always get me. too funny.

westbrook can be too much at times i guess but ive always liked him; i respect his intensity as well. they are two sides of the same coin in a way.

Beverly is the new Matt Barnes - the younger, bulldog Matt Barnes, not the old, washed up (Laker) Matt Barnes.  Clowns like that tend to wear on people's nerves fairly quickly, but every team needs one.

Westbrook is just misunderstood, IMO.  He doesn't have any charisma to speak of, which leads to people not being able to read him well, which leads to him getting a whole lot of shit, which leads to him being angry.... et cetera.  The few times he's shown off the court, he comes across as a relatively quiet, unassuming guy.

• Thanks 1

I think D'Antoni may need to go. I believe he's worn out his welcome in Houston. (But hey, I think we should've won in 2018, but we kept chucking threes when that clearly wasn't working.)

-----------

Oh, and there's a video I'd love to post in here since it's somewhat related to the NBA. The guys at SB Nation took NBA2K19 and make the league horribly bad over the course of forty or so simulated seasons. Enjoy the video.

• Thanks 1