UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

Not sure, but until the virus is beaten back, it may end up being the right thing to do, especially when you consider the fact an active player tested positive for it. (But we shouldn't worry too much. Only the elderly and the very young are most at risk, as well as those with weakened immune systems and other underlying health issues. Though of course, I pray for everyone's well-being throughout this ordeal.)

Jazz player Rudy Gobert tests positive for COVID-19 virus, prompting suspension of NBA season until further notice. (They buried the guy's name in the story.)

Edited by Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung
  • Like 1

Without any information to go on, I really think, at this point, the NBA ends its regular season now, and picks back up with the playoffs in maybe two, two and a half months time.  That gives everyone enough time to self quarantine and the league enough time to enact an emergency protocol for the playoffs.  Might have to also shorten the first two rounds to five game series, especially if the first rounds are played without fans in attendance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like how the main conflict so far in The Last Dance is Jerry Krause looking at a core of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Phil Jackson, after winning 5 of the last 7 NBA titles, and concluding "What kind of idiot would I be to not blow this up?"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the end of the Rockets beating the Bucks game with Harden shooting some dagger free throws, canned crowd noise roaring , announcer Mark Jackson says dead serious sounding, said something like "I tell you these virtual fans really showed up for Houston tonight." WHAT

• 2 weeks later...

so am i the only one who really wants to see portland get that 8th spot? analysts have so much faith in them that i wasnt aware of before...word of them being a top 3 team in the west?

i want to see them play LA so bad because of this...im ready to be shocked. i really wouldnt believe it if dame+CJ+melo knocked out lebron and AD.

well...time to see how it turns out lol. gonna be something..or at least i hope it is.

i see the regular season series is 2-1 lakers, but apparently blazers havent been with their full squad until recently, so...guess we'll be seeing the real deal come tuesday.

The Lake show played different last night, fantastic intensity. After last nights showing everyone may be back on the Lakers, but the Blazers shot the ball horrendously last night, so I can see a bounce back in a big way. I live in lil ol Maine, so I'm a default C's fan, and have been very happy with the play. But I wont read to much into it because of how big of a joke the 76ers are right now. Disappointing how lame the Heat Pacers series is so far, I thought those teams matched up pretty well. Happy Playoffs everyone! 

lol i dont know how houston lost..but d'antoni was pissed.

i expect rockets to close out though.

didnt watch portland/lakers either..but im assuming blazers actually shot well this time around? since it wasnt a blowout? i did see that their bench got outplayed though..gary trent with only 3 points or something too..that wont cut it.

im still hoping they can turn it on and make this a series..go 2-2.

looks like orlando's run might be over as well..bucks are awake now it seems.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:38 AM, Hidden said:

LOL man i love westbrook but those turnovers had me dying lmao.

i really need houston to win though. im not about to watch 5'2 chris paul and a team of rookies try to guard lebron and AD for 4 games.

I know Kevin Durant was watching that game full on yelling at the tv like "You see, YOU SEE HOW HE IS??"

Nah but Houston would definitely be the better 2nd round opponent, I just really want them to lose tonight bc Rockets and bc winning this series will basically feel like winning a ring to Chris Paul and he deserves that. Especially this year after being exiled to OKC. You're right though, there is nobody for him to guard on the Lakers. Locking down Caruso while AD and LBJ each average 35

Edited by NaBarney
  • Like 1

true. i was hoping this would be a blowout, but it looks like okc came to play..but theres always hope they fall apart in the second half! 

they need to start respecting that one kid they keep leaving open for 3's, too.

as for the bucks game....man...that shits tough...you could argue that giannis shouldnt have even gone near jimmy, but which player would see a scorer taking the last minute shot and not try to play defense on him, even if he was already being guarded? on the flipside, he couldve trusted whoever was guarding him, but...sucks. was a misplay in the end. shoulda just stopped beside him with his hand up..idk if he had too much momentum or what.

Those were both such garbage fouls to end the game with. Dragic did nothing wrong at all and the Giannis nothing foul after time expired is the soft of thing they're supposed to ignore, but I guess they didn't want to rob the Heat of a game they should've had won when they were up 6 with half a minute to play & have them lose a playoff game in what would have been the most ridiculous fashion maybe ever all things considered starting from the Jimmy lob at his own basket onward.

Edited by NaBarney

lol true. he really did go straight up in the air on middleton. for the hundredth time, seeing those fouls made me wonder...when the fuck did the NBA become so foul heavy at the 3 point line? im all for calling fouls when you step into a player, 'cause of kawhi..but there are so many fucking fouls otherwise, and i swear half the time its with barely any contact + the shooter selling it so well..and i know part of it is because the volume of 3's has increased, so subsequently, fouls in those areas go up as well, but still.

i was just talking about it with kidney--not about 3 point fouls, but fouls in general..there seem to be SO many calls in these playoffs..where are the no calls? the, "we're just gonna let them play since its the post season and we want the game to flow," approach? 

thats actually a good point..things are so touchy right now, and it feels like everything is being called.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:50 PM, Hidden said:

why cant the bucks beat miami lol.

The team is trash besides Middleton. Regular season ass East team. Raps without kawhi were the 2 seed this year, conference is a joke. Giannis is gone but I bet he stays in the east. 

Miami has a ton of good players. Herro and Iggy off the bench 🔥🔥🔥

Edited by NaBarney
  • Thanks 1

harden with 21 points or w/e he had is just not good enough.

giannis going to another east team is just hilarious lol. what are honestly the options at this point? nets maybe?

im kinda surprised raptors took this to 7, but im glad they did. they had to make this interesting--'cause they were getting their backs blown out.

Yeah idk where he goes, (maybe Miami lol) and I shouldn't say his whole team his trash, he has an all-star in Middleton and Brook Lopez does a lot and korver is one of the best shooters ever not that he plays much... So it's not like giannis is exactly perfect, he just couldn't carry a worse than average team by himself.  So maybe he stays and they get people around him somehow who can help cover for giannis when his limitations are getting exposed or misses a game or two with an injury.