UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

2 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

Kawahi man what a beast took the Raptors to a championship. Wonder if lebron never left tho 🤔, now I wonder what will he do this off season 

The consensus seems to be he'll go elsewhere but I think he might stay.

1 minute ago, StarPanda said:

I think Its 50/50 at this point 

Once the draft is over and summer league ends I think he will make a choice 

Yeah I'd say there's a higher chance he'll stay than what "journalists" are going to be saying tomorrow to hype up free agency lol

I hope he stays, he's stoic and wants nothing to do with the media and fame, the Raptors seem like a good fit for him.

LETSG OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

wow. congrats to the raptors and canada...vince carter is on his feet right now.

i couldnt watch that game cause i didnt want to deal with the stress..watching now though lol.

what a nice end to the season. man. gg

congrats raptors. 

the warriors had been at it for what? 5 years of deep playoff runs. the most wear and tear out of all the teams and they finally succumb to injury. credit to the raptors for taking the opportunity and making history. the entire team step up and defended well. hope klay and kd recover well.

now this offseason is gonna be one of the biggest ones for the league. 

The whole thing is fucked.  KD with a rupture achilles and Klay with a torn ACL.  I can't imagine a worse way for the Warriors to go out, and, despite how good the Raptors really were (and how they clearly deserved the championship), it's hard not to have that taint the victory.

• Like 1

yea i heard that narrative and that shit has me rolling. i get what people are saying, but this isnt the first finals championship win thats been "tainted." warriors won against a broken cavs and no one said shit.

people get fucked up, and it happens all the time, all throughout the season. shit happens.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

Anthony Davis to the Lakers for 3 1st round pick Ingram, lonzo and heart.....🤔 idk at least we kept kuzma 

The warriors arent gonna be the warriors in 2019/2020 with the big injuries so I guess it was time to move in

Bow we wait and see what kyrie and Kemba do we need a point guard. We got rondo but still 

lakers are desperate to relive to golden years, but with Lebron. seriously, 3 so-so supporters and 3 first rounders including this year's pick for Anthony Davis? that's a steep price to pay for a slingshot chance of winning a title next year. i do hope they crash and burn for the next decade or so.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:27 AM, scoobdog said:

The whole thing is fucked.  KD with a rupture achilles and Klay with a torn ACL.  I can't imagine a worse way for the Warriors to go out, and, despite how good the Raptors really were (and how they clearly deserved the championship), it's hard not to have that taint the victory.

i really dont like that the entire media pretty much forced durant to play. also failure on the entire coaching staff in regards to  allowing both klay and kd to play. of course they gonna want to play, its the chip. but they gotta do whats best for their players/employees. really validates kawhi for sitting out for an extended period of time with the spurs, and kinda puts the spurs/pop in a bad light. and now the league gets worse for missing these two stars. dont wanna take anything from the raptors either. i really hope people remember that they won their first chip instead of focusing on their luck of having to face a crippled lion. 

On 6/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, Hidden said:

yea i heard that narrative and that shit has me rolling. i get what people are saying, but this isnt the first finals championship win thats been "tainted." warriors won against a broken cavs and no one said shit.

people get fucked up, and it happens all the time, all throughout the season. shit happens.

exactly. people will always bring it up. injuries are part of sports. the season is long and at the end sometimes the best team doesnt always win. sometimes the team that's more healthy and on a hot streak can get there. 

• Like 1

i think the pels should have probably waited to see if thats the best deal they could get for him. surely they could get something better than lakers unwanteds. i guess they still see potential in those players and they are around zions age which is a plus. lakers really couldnt wait to develop a young team once they got lebron. pairing him with davis is big. with the warriors out, they suddenly become contenders. 

Edited by Distortedreasoning

no way kyrie goes back to lebron panda lol. thatd be crazy. 

this will be an interesting season though..im curious about how the ad/lebron duo will do..i havent watched AD play in a while but i know hes good..i wanna see how they fair against the rest of the west--and league for that matter.

@Distortedreasoningyea the whole KD situation is tough..on the one hand, a star player saying he wants to play is sort of (sort of) something you have no control over--because he wants to deliver, and thinks he can change the flow of the game, but then on the other, hes injured, and do you want him to possibly be in worse shape after this game or series? i wouldnt. do you as a player want to be in worse shape after this game or series? i wouldnt.

i feel like theres a bunch we dont know, and wont...from the first injury, it didnt look calf related at all, lol. looked like the issue was in his ankle, in other words the achilles...personally, i thought the whole "calf" thing was a cover up the warriors were using in an attempt to not worry fans, but maybe im overthinking it...i only thought that because it looked SO obvious it was achilles related--and then they come back and say calf? i was so thrown off by that.

• Like 1

the players are always going to want to play. especially if you add in all the enormous pressure from all the outside sources and throw in the fact that they are playing for what they want most in their careers. if im the coaching staff, i would have never given the ok. but again they are all in a tough situation since you don't wanna be the person that held back durant from playing in the finals. same with thompson, there was no reason to let him back in. only to let him make a statement about how tough or how much heart he has isnt good enough. 

i kinda had my suspicion in the blazer series. i know they crushed us but he was slated to go back game 1 and they just kept pushing his return further back. thats when i knew it was much more serious. things were already starting to fall apart with iggy also going through nagging injuries. lucky for them klay was still good and so was iggy for the most part which are two very crucial players to the team. especially klay. 

the lakers obviously got the better trade right now but holy cow, they gave up their entire future for AD. if the lakers dont win they are so screwed! if i were them i get the one more star then just nothing but role players and very good back ups for both bron and davis. davis cuz he gets injured a lot and bron to let him rest more during the season. and yes they even have their selection of top point guards. i really hate the lakers, they mismanage their team for the last decade and what do they get? two of the top players in the league and a possible 3rd star to go along, without ever having to do a thing!

i think the pels got a great deal. the lakers 4th pick in the first round probably sweeten the deal for them. then they get even more first round picks from them. good stuff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok--glad kawaii said fuck lebron.

russell westbrook traded to the rockets for chris paul.

i know they were talking about this..but youve gotta be kidding me. no way. really?

im not even sure what to think...can someone inform me..is this good for rockets? bad? was CP3 really a liability? will harden and westbrook mesh well--again (i forget how they played on okc, honestly)?

i await yalls posts.

i wish there was an @everyone tag so i could alert people who frequent this thread.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Houston traded CP3 for 2 reasons, there was some drama and they needed to make a move because they were being left behind by everyone else. Still Westbrook wont help them get anywhere near the finals, both him and harden need the ball. Someone is gonna have to sacrifice points and possessions but they can manage it they just need to be on the same page. Houston better cross their fingers.

In the long run it could just be a step for Westbrook to go to LA lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hidden said:

ok--glad kawaii said fuck lebron.

russell westbrook traded to the rockets for chris paul.

i know they were talking about this..but youve gotta be kidding me. no way. really?

im not even sure what to think...can someone inform me..is this good for rockets? bad? was CP3 really a liability? will harden and westbrook mesh well--again (i forget how they played on okc, honestly)?

i await yalls posts.

i wish there was an @everyone tag so i could alert people who frequent this thread.

I think it's good because they were looking to ship Chris Paul anyway and probably got more than they expected to. Let me be clear, I love Chris Paul, he's an old school point guard that spreads the ball around and it's a pleasure to watch, but he's getting long in the tooth and the main reason it was a good move is because the guy is perpetually injured, he has a big contract to eat for how many games he misses.

As far as Westbrook and Harden being successful together I think it's a toss up but it's definitely not going to win come playoff time, these two players put up huge numbers but really are the most overrated players in the game. We've seen enough to know Harden's iso style of play doesn't hold up in the playoffs as well and Westbrook is just a bad point guard imo, phenominal athletecism and defense but really bad at running point. Westbrook does a few things with the ball; midrange jumper, drive and score and drive and dish. This is going to benefit Capella just as it did Steven Adams in OKC but pretty much no one else. Harden will get his touches in for sure but no one is going to get the ball on this team except these three players and the only reason Paul George had success with Westbrook is because his defense gets him automatically involved in the offense so on a Westbrook team to have success you can either be another guard that holds the ball a lot, a center that gets inside, or be such a good two way player that it doesn't matter....the rest of the team are wallflowers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pretty much what panda said, cp3 had some locker drama and his contract is really bad. maybe they will give westbrook a try in the d antoni system to see how he works. or he could be traded for a team with assets they need before the season starts. idk personally, if they can make it so westbrook passes the ball more, i can see an ugly two headed monster forming. chris paul was on the down hill of his career and has been injured most that time. yeah he can still ball but that contract sucks. and he gets injured a lot too. houston wins this trade big. but now the pressure is on them to bring a chip. the west just keeps getting dumber and dumber by the day. 

• Thanks 1

im just now finding out about all this drama. and here i was thinking they were cool all this time

but yea thats where my head is at...how do they share the ball..how do the others get the ball...but then the west/harden duo wasnt terrible in okc if i recall correctly. idk.

guess we'll see.

if im looking forward to anything this season, its to the increased amount of teams i get to watch this time around.

TNT shenanigans should be great too.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

the drama with chris paul only surfaced at the end of the season so not a surprise if you didnt hear it. i was surprised as well since it came seemingly out of nowhere after the nba season had ended. 

both harden and westbrook were very young when they were teammates but now they are in their primes and are better players than what they were when they were both in okc. i think the bigger task will fall with mike d antoni trying to make it work with the two of them. i think it could work but it will be very tough to keep both players happy. but lets say it does work, then i think its safe to say they will be contenders. 

all these moves during the off season were big. the landscape has changed so much. next season will be very interesting to watch.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Caruso gonna be a beast.

O really lmao, yall better hope so he's the only non-Rondo PG left on the team!

Pretty sure GS is happy w D'angelo, Pelicans look set with Hart and Lonzo, hell even Clarkson is out there getting minutes but yeah, the guy New Orleans didnt want, he'll be beasting for sure......

Edited by NaBrainman

On 9/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, NaBrainman said:

How did the Lakers trade away all their draft busts and still end up with a worse looking roster than last year? Danny Green is their third best player lmao. AD's gonna be playing 43 minutes a night to make up for this shit

Screenshot_20190904-151327.thumb.png.4f67e6ea26e6db93af90922d70589825.png

You know, I wanted to say "holy shit, that's nuts!" Then, I saw Giannis' little brother Kostas on the team. If Kostas is as talented as Giannis is, the Lakers might end up making the playoffs, maybe even advancing to the second round. Of course, we'll have to wait and see, but that's my observation.

5 hours ago, NaBrainman said:

O really lmao, yall better hope so he's the only non-Rondo PG left on the team!

Pretty sure GS is happy w D'angelo, Pelicans look set with Hart and Lonzo, hell even Clarkson is out there getting minutes but yeah, the guy New Orleans didnt want, he'll be beasting for sure......

Now you like those guys.  Huh.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

You know, I wanted to say "holy shit, that's nuts!" Then, I saw Giannis' little brother Kostas on the team. If Kostas is as talented as Giannis is, the Lakers might end up making the playoffs, maybe even advancing to the second round. Of course, we'll have to wait and see, but that's my observation.

Apparently Giannis has like 5 brothers and as far as i can tell they're all totally not playable in the NBA. LA signed that brother bc no one else wanted him, and they probably only gave him a roster spot on the off-chance that it somehow helps them sign Giannis whenever he's a free agent. 

Giannis needs to work on recognizing when his drive is being shut down and read his options faster, it's become such a serious issue even the FIBA coaches are picking up on it, Toronto has given everyone a pretty good blueprint on it. I think he will eventually figure it out but it's probably gonna take him a little time.

20 hours ago, NaBrainman said:

Apparently Giannis has like 5 brothers and as far as i can tell they're all totally not playable in the NBA. LA signed that brother bc no one else wanted him, and they probably only gave him a roster spot on the off-chance that it somehow helps them sign Giannis whenever he's a free agent. 

That's not necessarily a bad idea. lol (It's probably the worst I've ever heard, actually. Not because you said it, but because I wouldn't put it past the Lakers for trying something like that. Still, if they somehow manage to pull it off, we non-Lakers fans are all fucked.)

As for DeMarcus Cousins, he's always been a drama llama, right? He's had issues since he came into the league at Sacramento. I still can't believe the Rockets even considered trying to land him. I mean don't get me wrong. That former Kentucky Wildcat can certainly ball. But if I were a GM, I wouldn't want to deal with all the baggage that came with him.

Edited by Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung
  • Haha 1

it never not amuses me to see all these delusional laker fans getting so hyped. i mean sure lebron returns and plays at a top level and davis does the same, and the team has chemistry they would be dangerous. but they are pinning all their hopes on someone on the wrong side of 30 and a 7 footer with an injury history and a roster that is  not very deep. 

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

it never not amuses me to see all these delusional laker fans getting so hyped. i mean sure lebron returns and plays at a top level and davis does the same, and the team has chemistry they would be dangerous. but they are pinning all their hopes on someone on the wrong side of 30 and a 7 footer with an injury history and a roster that is  not very deep. 

Lol.  And we get a kick out of the overly enthusiastic haters too.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:45 AM, scoobdog said:

Lol.  And we get a kick out of the overly enthusiastic haters too.

You just love the attention, regardless of whether it's positive or negative. It's cool. The Lakers are a flagship franchise. Sixteen NBA championships, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, the NBA Logo (Jerry West), Showtime, blah blah blah. We get it.

There are twenty-nine other teams in the league, you know. We deserve some love, too.