UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

i really dont pay too much attention to most the offseason in any sport. just the draft and sometimes a little bit in free agency. this summer was probably the biggest in history. but we alreadt went over most the big moves. clips get a super team. okc moves away from westbrook. warriors get russell which should be good. rockets get westbrook which could fail spectacularly or be the most scary offensive team. utah get conley. which i think is huge. blazers get whiteside, i think its good too. did the spurs get anyone? it doesnt matter. i dont think the nuggets added much either. 

theres just not much to talk about right now other than shit on the lakers. 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:27 AM, NaBones said:

Yeah this off-season was a crazy blur. Still can't believe Russ is in Houston now. I spent like ten minutes the other day trying to remember what team Jimmy Butler is on now after leaving Philadelphia.

It's the Miami Heat.

All I know is the NBA regular season is less than four weeks away. I can't wait!

On 10/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, scope said:

Pretty sure Shaq has written about as many of his own rhymes as he's eaten slices of Papa John's pizza.

round 2 of the diss tracks! tho before i go there, some big news making headlines...

houston rockets gm daryl morey tweeted some ignorant comments about hong kong. china, one of the biggest market for the nba was not pleased. but silver tried to save face but china still not happy. the rockets and the nba have already begun to feel the hurt. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/daryl-morey-china-tweet-economic-impact-nba-adam-silver-cctv-cancels-preseason-games-today-2019-10-08/

I think someone on The Ringer was pointing out when LeBron James said Adam Silver was the best commissioner in sports.

Which is probably still true after the NBA's first statement on China, but remember his competition is Goodell, Manfred, and Bettman. 

damn i did not expect to see disstracks when i came back to this thread lol.

i dont know why lebron even said anything..not because he should or shouldnt have given his opinion, but why do you want your name constantly in peoples mouths?...idk thats just me. i dont want unnecessary attention.

anyway its almost our time again boys...

October 22nd.

• Like 1

i kinda liked the diss tracks. i thought shaq was entertaining but dame won imo.

eh lebron is the face of the nba and is always getting talked about whether he likes it or not. he has been doing a lot of business with china over the years as well. same with a lot of stars. i think richard mentioned that china probably would have not cared as much if the US didnt try to antogonize them so much recently. but here we are, i think both parties will try to work something out. 

and yes we are getting close! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

first two games today. didnt see any cuz of work. anyone here watch them? how they looking? 

I just caught the end of Toronto barely beating the Pelicans. VanVleet went off

The clippers looked really good, Lakers could do nothing against their defense. Kawhi was like a perfect basketball android. Danny Green hit 7 threes, only reason the Lakers hung around. I think they said AD and LeBron combined for 2 points in the 4th.

Basically everyone from Toronto's championship team had a great night. 

• Like 2

yup. everything nabraniel said.

everyone expected the lakers, too...both teams were missing players (lakers missed rondo/kuzma, clippers, PG13, and the "others," as the inside nba desk likes to call them), but id like to think the loss of PG13 was greater than what the lakers were lacking, so i was supervised with the outcome.

but yes..kawhi continues to beast. i just want to see him play all the time.

anyone have thoughts on lebron? does it seem like hes getting old?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hidden said:

yup. everything nabraniel said.

everyone expected the lakers, too...both teams were missing players (lakers missed rondo/kuzma, clippers, PG13, and the "others," as the inside nba desk likes to call them), but id like to think the loss of PG13 was greater than what the lakers were lacking, so i was supervised with the outcome.

but yes..kawhi continues to beast. i just want to see him play all the time.

anyone have thoughts on lebron? does it seem like hes getting old?

could it be the clippers defense? that team has a bunch of good defenders even without pg13. first game of a new team. lets not get too hasty. 

i was able to watch a few games during my breaks today and say part of the sixers and celtics. sixers were looking strong. especially their main core. boston was looking like they were having a harder time scoring. it was a physical match but it was looking like the sixers were going to run away with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaBones said:

Saw a graphic for that game and they did that thing where they put the star player from each team in it and for the Celtics it was Gordon Hayward. Hard to believe that's all they have left

maybe jaylen brown makes the all star this year. shouldnt be that difficult in the east. but yeah only 1 star is tough. 

4 hours ago, NaBones said:

Saw a graphic for that game and they did that thing where they put the star player from each team in it and for the Celtics it was Gordon Hayward. Hard to believe that's all they have left

Thing is in the East that might be enough for at worst a 6 seed.

16 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

could it be the clippers defense? that team has a bunch of good defenders even without pg13. first game of a new team. lets not get too hasty. 

yea i personally thought the clippers (espec. kawhi) was the reason why lebron couldve looked..not as effective? kenny said the same.

i just know some people were talking about lebrons age which i was skeptical about because..he hasnt really shown signs of wear and tear to me.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hidden said:

yea i personally thought the clippers (espec. kawhi) was the reason why lebron couldve looked..not as effective? kenny said the same.

i just know some people were talking about lebrons age which i was skeptical about because..he hasnt really shown signs of wear and tear to me.

yeah the age thing could be it too. the man has been at it since 2003 and he played something like 7 straight years in the finals. thats some heavy mileage on the body, tho he has been doing a superb job of taking care of himself. i think he can last another 2-3 years on a elite level. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 5:22 PM, Hidden said:

I think Lebron is gettin old but he's still gonna be effective because he's such a smart player, it could be he needs to knock off some rust from missing a large portion of the season last year, too.

• Like 2

^yea forgot about those missed games.

there was some comment about lakers not being where they need to be conditioning wise that got me saying what? i feel like being NBA ready at the start of the season for those group of guys should be second nature by now.

knicks kinda got slapped around by the spurs yesterday but this Barret guy is looking good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hidden said:

^yea forgot about those missed games.

there was some comment about lakers not being where they need to be conditioning wise that got me saying what? i feel like being NBA ready at the start of the season for those group of guys should be second nature by now.

knicks kinda got slapped around by the spurs yesterday but this Barret guy is looking good.

Yeah RJ Barrett looks promising and Julius Randle is a pretty good player, I predict in 2030 Knicks fans will force James Dolan to live on the moon and then will win the chip.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seight said:

I caught the whole first quarter of that game, GSW looked horrible. When the reserves came out I literally didn't know who any of the Warriors were besides Steph. There's like guys named Spellman and shit. Couldn't hit their 3's, Curry had an airball.. I checked back later in the 2nd and OKC was up 21

Edited by NaBones
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Seight said:

and thats how the dynasty ends. 

i guess we could have said it ended before the start of the season when they lost kd, klay, and all their other strong role players. i have doubt they can ever return to their dominance they had during their peak. just knowing everything that went right for them to build their championship team leads me to believe that we probably wont be seeing that again. which is good cuz we been complaining about it for years now lol. 

48 minutes ago, Hidden said:

man. watching houston fall apart near the end of their game vs brooklyn by just REFUSING to close the gap by going for easy 2's = missed 3. miss another 3. harden throws up a lazy 3. chuck a 3.

theres another 3--brick.

heres another--backboard.

Flashbacks to game 7 vs the warriors

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this bucks-lakers game is nice.

giannis' reach is crazy..just watched this dude reach to the front of the basket from beneath and far from it for a put back with lebron and dwight in view. lul.

also--can anyone tell me about that lakers v pacers game? is AD that imperative to the lakers? is that why they lost? or does indiana get some credit?

Edited by Hidden

what a good game. this was admittedly only the second laker game ive watched this season. very entertaining on both sides. AD is a monster and giannis with a consistent jumper is something i wanna see.

cant sleep on danny green either..made so many nice 3s in the first half..he should save the lakers plenty of games. but so should AD, apparently.

7 hours ago, Hidden said:

what a good game. this was admittedly only the second laker game ive watched this season. very entertaining on both sides. AD is a monster and giannis with a consistent jumper is something i wanna see.

cant sleep on danny green either..made so many nice 3s in the first half..he should save the lakers plenty of games. but so should AD, apparently.

I honestly would not mind seeing this matchup again 4-7 times in June

• Like 1