UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

14 minutes ago, Nabloom said:

Ginobili the legend. Game was still all time great level at the very end, in his 40s. Everyone will always remember him ruining Harden's season last year with that perfect block, and I still remember his last home game a few months ago when he single handedly closed out The Warriors to prevent a sweep, going into it hoping and feeling confident the spurs would somehow win, bc they still had Ginobili 

Looking forward to seeing Pop even more grouchy and disappointed than usual without him tho

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 6:51 PM, Hachiman said:

Well, we're fucked. Fucking Thibs. Derrick Rose is past his prime and should've retired while he still had a shred of what's left of his dignity. But nope, Thibs just had to go sign him for the remainder of the season.

5b970288bffa3_Capture_2018-09-10-19-43-43.png.42e42b7ce6d99fcbdd603e0e913a9de4.png

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24635940/luol-deng-agrees-one-year-deal-minnesota-timberwolves

Now just waiting on that Smoakim Noah buyout and Minnesota will have their starting five 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As funny as the idea of Noah joining the Nu-Bulls was to me, I am so glad it imploded this way instead.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800145-report-jimmy-butler-practiced-with-timberwolves-amid-trade-rumors

Imagining him talking crazy smack while blowing out KAT and Wiggins is absolutely hilarious and then they canceled practice today lmao, can't believe they were going to try to force him to play for them for another year. Jimmy absolutely not having any that shit 

Good luck getting whatever offers they turned down last week for him now 

2 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

The Cs and 6ers have been mad  fun to watch so far! As a Cs fan tho, kyries gotta get be more efficient in this game.

Yeah this is the playoff series I most want to see. I think Kyrie is actually gonna have a pretty down year. There's too many good players on the Celtics for him to shine as a scorer like he did next to LeBron, too many other guys who are too good for him to have the ball nearly as much as he's used to having it. 

Mostly tho I just really want to see Terry to go nuts this season 

12 hours ago, Nabloom said:

Yeah this is the playoff series I most want to see. I think Kyrie is actually gonna have a pretty down year. There's too many good players on the Celtics for him to shine as a scorer like he did next to LeBron, too many other guys who are too good for him to have the ball nearly as much as he's used to having it. 

Mostly tho I just really want to see Terry to go nuts this season 

Terry is a really tough kid. Its gonna be disappointing if we lose him after this year, but at the same time dudes lookin for a starting job.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:05 PM, Nabloom said:

Rondo being Rondo aside, Josh Hart is LeBron's only good co-Laker

yeah my cousin thats a laker fan was mad about hart not starting. him and lebron had chemistry. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:25 PM, StarPanda said:

Aside from my Lakers being 0-2

Actual punches got thrown and landed in an nba push and shove. Made for some Interesting theater 

i hate chris paul but rondo had that coming for spiting on his face.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

It sounds to me like Jimmy Butler was a cancer in that locker room.

He was. We all knew what we got from Jimmy. What we were hoping was that he be an influence on the young kids, which was good for the most point. But Thibs got greedy and decided to focused on running this team like he did with his old team. Run them to the ground since it seems to work so well in the first year he coach the wolves. Which then lead to some repercussions of Wiggins not motivated to actually play ball, KAT being a monster on some days and lackluster on other days and the atrocious defense. Meanwhile Jimmy's ego got the best of him and thus started to soured the team to a point where our two future standouts couldn't be bother to be motivated because of Jimmy's demeanor. And after rumors of Jimmy being a one and done being swirled during the off season proved to be true, we Minnesotans got passive-agressive when we learn Jimmy demanded a trade. Only to get more riled by Jimmy's antics and his inflated ego of sitting out games and Thinks for not having the balls to confront him. Multiple trade rumors and Thiibs decides to hold out because he thought he could a) convinced Jimmy to stay for this season and b) if not, then try to holdout for a king's ransom. Which ultimately failed by these pocket change we got. While complementary to the team, we're not going deep with this core of players for the next few seasons. Considering how dominant the Western conference is.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, scope said:

Embiid best Center in the league.

the more shaq says shit like this, the more compelled i am to record a philly game..this is me still trying to get used to watching all these new faces in the league. but i guess i need to make time for this. his highlights are pretty good though.

on a side note poor carmelo. where or where will he go now.

• Haha 1

Embiid is making it a point to score as much as possible. He and Jimmy Butler together seems so good. If they can get rid of Fultz and give all his and maybe some Ben Simmons minutes to TJ MC and whatever.they can pick up around the trade deadline I would most want to see them win the east. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, Da_big_Nabowski said:

Another great move Dallas made was waving goodbye to Chancun and allowing his max contract to ruin Memphis

https://deadspin.com/grizzlies-agree-that-chandler-parsons-should-see-other-1831531983

Knew this was a bust the day they signed him, two fucking forums ago now. Just glad he's basically off the fucking roster now. I don't expect his expiring contract to get back even an average player on a bad contract, not hoping for anything here but for this dude to just go away and not be on the roster next season.

Edited by Da_big_Nabowski

• 4 weeks later...

i'll admit i haven't been watching much nba this season, mainly because i dont have a channel to watch games but also because the warriors are still above the league so its gotten boring for me the past few seasons.and yesterday anthony davis requested a trade but he's most likely going to LA or some other big market team. 

Boston fans chanted Not Worth Trading at Ingram in the first half and he missed two free throws, then Lebron missed two free throws, and they were down by almost 20. LeBron and Rondo are somehow pulling it together in the second half but it still feels like they just cant win