UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

Steph and LeBron finally making their first 3s of the game back to back with like 2 minutes left and then Durant coming down the court just chilling way back waving off his teammates and hitting that same deep 3 as last year 

It's been more fun to watch than I thought it would be after twenty something straight finals game between these same two teams. Even though the only any kind of drama now is just LeBron avoiding the sweep and which Warrior wins mvp. 

It helps that the games have been close without the refs giving anyone a bunch of free throws or too much of that mysterious bullshit. Hopefully in any and every way possible Game 4 will be the crazy ending this ridiculous series deserves, and we can move on to any other title matchup next year even if it is just warriors VS LeBron's new team 

• 2 weeks later...

So, any early predictions where you think Lebron is going? There is no way in hell hes staying in Cleveland. So far, Los Angeles looks to be his top destination as is said with Kawahi. That would be awesome. I have also heard Houston, but I don't know if that would really work.

1 hour ago, Nabloom said:

LeBron for Kyrie trade 

Meh, I live in New England so I have never personally been a Lebron fan. Kyrie has much more mileage on him then Lebron, and Lebron  definitely has more baggage, no disrespect to the 2nd/3rd best Ball player off all time of course. 

20 hours ago, Nabloom said:

i always take the opportunity to say ftp.

10 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

So, any early predictions where you think Lebron is going? There is no way in hell hes staying in Cleveland. So far, Los Angeles looks to be his top destination as is said with Kawahi. That would be awesome. I have also heard Houston, but I don't know if that would really work.

easiest path to the finals is in the east but lebron needs a team that is built around him. and that team is probably boston but i doubt they would make a move for him. raptors is another good fit since they got a three point offence. the other east teams dont fit him as well but there are teams like philly that have great talent. 

in the west you would think he would be looking at forming the super team in LA. it will be the most talent he's played with since miami. rockets have a good team to make a run at him but i really hate james harden and so might lebron. thats about it though i dont think he'd move to the west unless the team fits him really well and is in a city he likes. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i always take the opportunity to say ftp.

easiest path to the finals is in the east but lebron needs a team that is built around him. and that team is probably boston but i doubt they would make a move for him. raptors is another good fit since they got a three point offence. the other east teams dont fit him as well but there are teams like philly that have great talent. 

in the west you would think he would be looking at forming the super team in LA. it will be the most talent he's played with since miami. rockets have a good team to make a run at him but i really hate james harden and so might lebron. thats about it though i dont think he'd move to the west unless the team fits him really well and is in a city he likes. 

Yeah. I heard rumors maybe if Cleveland traded somebody for like  Kemba Walker, other players among that caliber. And i'm not an Harder apologetic but why do you hate him? His Game Style? I know some don't like that slow granny pace perimeter 3 ball.But now that I think about it, he I do kind of get an arrogant vibe from him. 

1 minute ago, jayrider128 said:

Yeah. I heard rumors maybe if Cleveland traded somebody for like  Kemba Walker, other players among that caliber. And i'm not an Harder apologetic but why do you hate him? His Game Style? I know some don't like that slow granny pace perimeter 3 ball.But now that I think about it, he I do kind of get an arrogant vibe from him. 

do you even watch harden play?

no defense and an offense compromised of getting to the free throw line. 

and cleaveland already had 2 other players of that caliber with kyrie and love but they lost too. doing anything with cleaveland is a dead end at this point. they cant get shit. and philly got talent but they need to develop. 

8 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

do you even watch harden play?

no defense and an offense compromised of getting to the free throw line. 

and cleaveland already had 2 other players of that caliber with kyrie and love but they lost too. doing anything with cleaveland is a dead end at this point. they cant get shit. and philly got talent but they need to develop. 

No defense, i mean i guess thats just Him but Mike D always ran that 7 seconds or less offense in phoenix and has been highly criticized throughout his coaching career for lackluster defense performances from all his teams hes coached. Hardens a dominant player regardless tho.  

Edited by jayrider128

17 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

No defense, i mean i guess thats just Him but Mike D always ran that 7 seconds or less offense in phoenix and has been highly criticized throughout his coaching career for lackluster defense performances from all his teams hes coached. Hardens a dominant player regardless tho.  

dominant? the man is pushed heavily by the nba. and it shows when players barely look at the guy before they get whistled. he's probably the most protected guy in the league even more so than lebron. yeah the guy is talented but watching him shooting free throws all game long is not my idea of fun. 

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

dominant? the man is pushed heavily by the nba. and it shows when players barely look at the guy before they get whistled. he's probably the most protected guy in the league even more so than lebron. yeah the guy is talented but watching him shooting free throws all game long is not my idea of fun. 

Dude i mean the stats speak for themselves, i see your point but their is no denying his shooting ability. I just think your more then just talented when you, but thats just my opinion, and man this ain't the 90s no more fouls just come swingin in left and right
2017-18
012-13 23 HOU NBA SG 78 78 38.3 7.5 17.1 .438 2.3 6.2 .368 5.2 10.9 .477 .504 8.6 10.2 .851 0.8 4.1 4.9 5.8 1.8 0.5 3.8 2.3 25.9
2013-14 24 HOU NBA SG 73 73 38.0 7.5 16.5 .456 2.4 6.6 .366 5.1 9.9 .515 .529 7.9 9.1 .866 0.8 3.9 4.7 6.1 1.6 0.4 3.6 2.4 25.4
2014-15 25 HOU NBA SG 81 81 36.8 8.0 18.1 .440 2.6 6.9 .375 5.4 11.3 .480 .511 8.8 10.2 .868 0.9 4.7 5.7 7.0 1.9 0.7 4.0 2.6 27.4
2015-16 26 HOU NBA SG 82 82 38.1 8.7 19.7 .439 2.9 8.0 .359 5.8 11.7 .494 .512 8.8 10.2 .860 0.8 5.3 6.1 7.5 1.7 0.6 4.6 2.8 29.0
2016-17 27 HOU NBA PG 81 81 36.4 8.3 18.9 .440 3.2 9.3 .347 5.1 9.6 .530 .525 9.2 10.9 .847 1.2 7.0 8.1 11.2 1.5 0.5 5.7 2.7 29.1
2017-18
28 HOU NBA SG 72 72 35.4 9.0 20.1 .449 3.7 10.0 .367 5.4 10.1 .531 .541 8.7 10.1 .858 0.6 4.8 5.4 8.8 1.8 0.7 4.4 2.3 30.4

that table did not come out good.

but ill give you that. the man is really efficient i don't think anyone denies that. 

the rest i made my case. watching someone getting a large chunk of their points in free throws is not my idea of fun. watching him get preferential treatment doesn't help matters either. watching him make some plays where he is just trying to get to the line sucks as well.

also he hasnt been able to carry a team to the finals yet. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

that table did not come out good.

but ill give you that. the man is really efficient i don't think anyone denies that. 

the rest i made my case. watching someone getting a large chunk of their points in free throws is not my idea of fun. watching him get preferential treatment doesn't help matters either. watching him make some plays where he is just trying to get to the line sucks as well.

also he hasnt been able to carry a team to the finals yet. 

Ok, well at the same time he cant help it if he gets fouled. You may no like that angle of his game, but he aint Shaq, theres no need for a hack - a - harden so thats the opposing defense problem. Like what do you mean where he tries to get to the line? Bro if you hit the hole and get fouled it is what it is dude. And if you dont think hes been fouled TALK TO THE MODERN NBA REFS. Hasnt led his team to the finals yet... who has in the west the last 4 years.....? i mean he brought em to game 7,(no chris paul game 7 either) so i give this man props on a great season.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:59 AM, jayrider128 said:

Ok, well at the same time he cant help it if he gets fouled. You may no like that angle of his game, but he aint Shaq, theres no need for a hack - a - harden so thats the opposing defense problem. Like what do you mean where he tries to get to the line? Bro if you hit the hole and get fouled it is what it is dude. And if you dont think hes been fouled TALK TO THE MODERN NBA REFS. Hasnt led his team to the finals yet... who has in the west the last 4 years.....? i mean he brought em to game 7,(no chris paul game 7 either) so i give this man props on a great season.

the warriors only had durant for the last 2 years and one of those years the rockets lost to the old men spurs. harden has led his team for like 5 or 6 years now. when did they trade him? anyways every time i've watched him in the playoffs in moments where he needed to carry his team, he has hardly ever come through. most the time it's because the refs allow people to play a bit more physical in the playoffs and he cant get to the free throw line as much. this year was the closest hes gotten but i still think if they play again with a healthy chris paul then the result would have been that same. cant really count on chris paul since hes been injury ridden for the last few seasons. 

4 hours ago, Nabloom said:

Missing the playoffs next year should chill them out a little 

you dont think they gonna get kawhi this year?  im sure the lakers can get a couple of ring chasers to join lebron. tho they will still lose to the fully loaded warriors in the wcf. the nba just keeps getting worse. at least the east finally gonna get someone new in the finals. 

53 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

So yeah Lebron to LA and the Lakers added other good pieces but come one really Goldent State 

Cousins really agreed to go there for 5 mil that's overkill 

yeah the nba was already ruined by durant 2 years ago and this move just takes it even further in that direction. the warriors have 5 freaking all stars in their team now. lebron in this case went to a team that had some good young talent but wasnt good. and he went west where people that criticized him the most said he would never go to. obviously the lakers have a few more big moves to do but you have to think anything the lakers do wont matter now. 

17 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

yes. but at least he didnt go to a super team this time around and he is giving the east a chance to get spanked in the finals. 

ha true.

also, "good pieces?"

i kinda agree that hes getting some decent support in LA, but damn..people are really laughing at the rondo pick up lolll.

• Haha 1

I actually think Rondo is a pretty good pickup for the Lakers.

I feel like they've brought him in to compliment and bring along Lonzo, if Lonzo doesn't improve his jump shot he's gonna have to learn how to play guard even more without one, and who better than Rondo to help him along with that?

I get that some people are concerned by the fact they have multiple guys with similar talents but I feel like the fact they all share the ball well will even that out.

Considering this is still the same off-season they've signed Lebron in I think they've done a damn good job and I don't even like the Lakers.

• Like 1

im giving the man props. people said he never move out west and he did. and he did it without anyone being there. the team as it currently is built, is probably better than his cleaveland team this last season, seeing as the lakers were not too far off the playoffs and cleaveland struggled heavily to get it. if the lakers don't make any other changes i think they make the playoffs but will lose against the rockets or the warriors. i can actually see them having a shot against anyone else.

still, i agree with the sentiment that the warriors are just ridiculous now. how did they even allow this? i have a hard time believing that cousins wasnt getting offers from anyone. why would he ever take that money if he was ever unsure about himself? if he was as injured as he says he is then he just screws himself over a lot of money by not waiting for a bigger contract. if this is a ring chasing move, which is most likely the case, then the ring is even more meaningless than durants, and he can get paid next season. 

• Thanks 1

Man all I want is to see the Grizzlies with a higher seed than the Lakers. Healthy Conley, fading but not yet washed Gasol, Jaren Jackson's scary ass, lowkey role player MVP Kyle Anderson, hopefully anything instead of Chandler Parsons let's gooo

Tony Parker leaving San Antonio makes me think they're keeping Kawhi. At least through the start of the season. 

Edited by Nabloom

well the spurs better get on trading kawhi before they lose him for nothing.

im not sure who is sending their best offers  but teams might be a little put off by his desire to go to LA next year. 

paul george did say he also wanted to be a laker but stayed with okc for some reason so that might give other teams hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ginobili the legend. Game was still all time great level at the very end, in his 40s. Everyone will always remember him ruining Harden's season last year with that perfect block, and I still remember his last home game a few months ago when he single handedly closed out The Warriors to prevent a sweep, going into it hoping and feeling confident the spurs would somehow win, bc they still had Ginobili 

Edited by Nabloom
  • Like 1