UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

Even with that Rondo buzzer beater the Lakers are still under .500, 10th seed, last year the 8th seed in the west needed 47 wins, right now Lakers have 28 wins and there's only 25 games left in the season, most of their schedule is against playoff teams

And they just lost to Atlanta.

If it wasn't for the shakiness of the Clippers and Kings (and even the Spurs with all their injuries) and the general seediness and history of the league to rig game for the Lakers at the expense of smaller market teams like Sacramento I would say they were out already, so instead I will just say -

IF LeBron drags this team to the 8th seed, it will be a more impressive accomplishment than any year his team won the top seed in the East

Edited by NaBron_James

i think with the whole anthony davis fiasco they have given up on the season. they know they cant compete against all the playoff teams much less against the championship contenders. they know there are lots of big name free agent this summer and i think thats what they are most looking forward to. so yeah at best they can squeeze in to a number 8 seed if lebron plays out of his mind again and leads the team.

my hopes is durant leaves the warriors and i can start caring about the nba again. extra points if the lakers fuck up in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I saw that game, the ref shit was crazy. Fouled harden up early so he had to sit, just giving the Lakers every call in the world. (The four points at once that they had to deduct from LA's score despite both those calls being visibly wrong in real time from watching at home was just the cherry on top)

Then they went out and lost to the Pelicans even though Anthony Davis did them the solid of missing the game for """rest"""

Donaghy's boy Scott Foster is going to have to put in some serious work these last few games to have any hope of screwing Sacramento in favor of the Lakers on behalf of the league again

Edited by NaBron_James

and now lebron is throwing the entire team under the bus lmao. what a wonderful mess that has turned into. i mean you gotta think now all those rookies are probably gone right? or at least most of them in the summer. luke walton is gone for sure. this summer free agency is gonna be big but stars gotta be asking themselves if they really want to play in LA with lebron.  

• Haha 1

Caught Denver vs OKC a couple nights ago and vs Utah tonight. Crazy good, FUN team. OKC is probably my fav team to watch in the West this year but Denver is right there. I tried to ignore it last year but Jokic is really a thing.

https://deadspin.com/anthony-davis-tried-hard-not-to-smile-at-lebron-jamess-1832958922/amp

At the bottom of the West, what was up with this shit? AD just doesn't play in 4th quarters anymore? He and Randle were fucking crushing LA by halftime yet he spent the entire 4th sitting on the bench in a long sleeve shirt useless as all hell, even though he easily could have won them the game by checking back in at any time. Lakers look truly fucking horrible.

but I guess it dont really matter since they're ""getting AD this summer"" look he's even winning them games already 

Such a bullshit ass clusterfuck

Edited by NaBron_James

Cringing hard reading some of my previous posts. I really thought the lakers were at least going to make some sort of weirdly competent attempt at a playoff push. It's still really funny but rapidly approaching sad.

Also apparently AD literally doesnt play in any 4th quarters anymore as a rule.... 

Wow didnt even see this one

https://deadspin.com/this-is-maybe-the-most-depressing-play-of-lebrons-entir-1833116989/

Edited by NaBron_James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im watching some of the games too. i think the blazers are gonna finish of the thunder tomorrow. yesterday loss just seems tough to overcome. expect changes for the thunder this off season. dame and cj have been great this entire series. westbrook and paul george? not so much. 

utah, very disappointing. can't even beat the rockets at home when harden was having a shitty shooting night. probably the most disappointing of all teams. or maybe i was just expecting too much from the jazz?

nuggets and spurs the really only competitive series. i think all their games have been close too. hoping for the nuggets here but the spurs would give the blazers home court.  

warriors and clippers? surprised the clippers actually got one but other than that, its been about whats expected. 

haven't paid much attention to the east but i'd like to see the raptors come out of there. most the playoffs seem not that competitive so far but that should change in the next round. 

yea im sad about that thunders loss man. idk what they need to succeed..they feel strong--strong enough--but they always check out too early for me.

i have to tune in to the spurs games..ive been hearing about the nuggets all year but havent given them the time of day. guess now is probably my chance.

it'll be so interesting if the warriors dont make it to the finals..i think they will, but barkely is set on the blazers..they look strong, but i dono..eastern conference is interesting too.

they need to fire their coach big time. lillard was cold for most that game but mccollum still burned them. that's on the coach. russ was also awful himself, going 5-21 is unacceptable. coach needs to make a better offensive scheme than just having russ driving it in and kicking to brick layers. didnt okc get bounced in the first round last year as well?  and the yera before that? 

i've only been watching a little bit of the nuggets and spurs but their games have been very fun so far. big game 5 tonight at denver so im watching it if i can. 

warriors are still the odds favorites to win it all. i was really down on the blazers when nurkic got injured but the bench has really stepped up. loving the enes kanter pick up a lot right now. im not looking past any team, even the thunder. blazers got swept last year in really bad fashion against the anthony davis pelicans in the first round. glad that memory is on their mind as well. 

the east has a bunch of good story lines as well. gotta see if the raptors can finally reach the finals after so many years of getting denied by lebron, same with boston. the sixers spent all those years at the bottom to finally build a contender. and giannis, his star is rising.  

On 4/24/2019 at 2:17 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

who saw tonight's game? holy shit lillard with the clutch 3 to bury the thunder! what an epic failure on their part! i was scream when that 37 footer went in. 

yea that was crazy. westbrook is taking a lot of heat this time around. as i said before..idk what they need, but i hope they can make it past round 1 nxt season.

im finally getting to watch some other teams..kawhi is such a monster dude. he carried toronto last night (?) and they still lost. fucked. hope he makes it to conference finals.

this whole 3 point shit with warriors vs rockets is so dumb. i hate the 3 game that exists now. i have no problem with protecting players, but holy shit the way they go for these calls at the 3 point line. so annoying.

i realized how much i hate what is now the game of 3's when i saw denver vs spurs the other night...dude gets on a fast break, 1 defender in front of him, 2 teammates on the flank..pulls up for a fucking 3.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Hidden said:

yea that was crazy. westbrook is taking a lot of heat this time around. as i said before..idk what they need, but i hope they can make it past round 1 nxt season.

im finally getting to watch some other teams..kawhi is such a monster dude. he carried toronto last night (?) and they still lost. fucked. hope he makes it to conference finals.

this whole 3 point shit with warriors vs rockets is so dumb. i hate the 3 game that exists now. i have no problem with protecting players, but holy shit the way they go for these calls at the 3 point line. so annoying.

i realized how much i hate what is now the game of 3's when i saw denver vs spurs the other night...dude gets on a fast break, 1 defender in front of him, 2 teammates on the flank..pulls up for a fucking 3.

he should be taking the heat. this was the series for him to win and he failed again. something has to change for him. they should also get a new coach.  

kawhi is great. best basketball player imo.

i dont like the 3 game either. so many plays just designed to get 3s. and yes very disappointing to see a fast breakaway and expecting a spectacular dunk only to have the runner pass the ball to the man on the 3 point line.

Edited by Distortedreasoning
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2019 at 4:08 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

he should be taking the heat. this was the series for him to win and he failed again. something has to change for him. they should also get a new coach.  

kawhi is great. best basketball player imo.

i dont like the 3 game either. so many plays just designed to get 3s. and yes very disappointing to see a fast breakaway and expecting a spectacular dunk only to have the runner pass the ball to the man on the 3 point line.

maybe a new coach is another thing to try. damn. never minded billy donovan. seems like a stand-up guy.

lol dude...i knew there was a game last night..couldnt fucking find it. thought it would be on tnt.

giannis is nasty dude.

hes making me consider whether or not westbrook is my favorite player to watch...even kawhi has me reconsidering to be honest.

on another note, itd be so interesting if warriors dont make it to these finals. weird.

So, Bucks pulled off the "Gentleman's Sweep." I can't deny that I'm very happy with this.

I want them to win it all. I've waited 18 years for them to get their shit together, and it looks like they finally have.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, Gyaos said:

So, Bucks pulled off the "Gentleman's Sweep." I can't deny that I'm very happy with this.

I want them to win it all. I've waited 18 years for them to get their shit together, and it looks like they finally have.

much kudos to you buck fans for sticking it out that long lol.

you got a serious baller with giannis! good riddance to boston. big fail for kyrie irving. 

portland and denver going to game 7. so far the series has been very close for most game but now its winner take all. i wont lie, i like denvers chances a lot better, but this series has been hard fought. its a real shame nurkic got injured because he would have been big to match up against jokic. 

rockets and warriors should also go to 7 but they failed to capitalize on durant missing the final quarter. i think rockets get game 6 at home if durant doesnt play. they should be able to get game 7 as well but we will see what happens. 

sixers and toronto game 7 as well. this one wasnt as hard fought seeing how more games have been blowouts. even tonight's game was a blowout. not sure whats going on here. i cant really make heads or tails on who takes it but i'll pick philly. toronto fails to make it to the finals again and loses kawhi in the summer.  

Rockets lmao this Golden State team wasnt as good as that 2015/2016 team and they still couldn't beat them, also no Durant 

I still think they will go down in the wcf if kd is still out , they dont have a deep enough bench and idl if curry and Thompson can carry 

Still cant ever doubt them tho

3 hours ago, StarPanda said:

Rockets lmao this Golden State team wasnt as good as that 2015/2016 team and they still couldn't beat them, also no Durant 

I still think they will go down in the wcf if kd is still out , they dont have a deep enough bench and idl if curry and Thompson can carry 

Still cant ever doubt them tho

rockets had a good opportunity but punted the game away.

the warriors will need durant back for the next round whoever their opponent is.

that was the luckiest shot ever! it looked short at first but somehow it went in. kawhi is the best player in the nba. has been for the past 2-3 seasons imo. great performance by both teams. heartbreaking for philly to go out like that. embiid was in tears. 

portland/denver also was very competitive! but jokic failed the nuggets in the end. cj on the other hand couldnt be stopped from getting buckets. dude is a beast. dame had a bad shooting night but still contributed with more rebounds and assists. 

the wcf should be a good one. the two best point guard duo going against one another. the warriors showed no signs of slowing down without durant. and they should be getting him back soon along with the chance of cousins coming back. 

the ecf should be good too. giannis and the bucks have been on a rampage. the raptors will need to have other players start contributing more. i thought kawhi pretty much carried that team. 

The warriors hot dam they are pretty good right. It's like they never needed KD or Cousins 

The Raptors pulled of a gutsy win but will still loose. They struggle so bad when Kawahi doesn't have the ball plus he might be hurt or not 100% next game. 

Edited by StarPanda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scope said:

Now that Lebron is finally showing his age a bit I have to agree, Leonard is the best player in the NBA.

We all know the arbitrary MVP vote is gonna go to Hardon but he sure as shit isn't the best player in the game.

Without a doubt he is they guy can turn it up on offense very quietly not as flashy. He can also lock you down on defense the dude is a complete player once he gets it going 

• Like 1

Dam did not expect for the bucks to fold like that they looked soo good up untill game 3. Now they could loose 4 in a row, goes to show that you can never count teams out. Raptors got it together.

I still think the bucks have a better shot at beating GS then the Raptors in the finals 

prob right. i agree with barkley..bucks just have more guys at their disposal. and they appear to be more consistent as well.

raptors dont have enough of a bench game, and the bench guys, despite doing well these past two games, still seem streaky..and we know kawhi cant always do it alone.

wow. congrats to kawhi and the raptors. didnt think they could do it. what happened? do the bucks just run out of steam in the 4th quarter vs the raptors? feel like the raptors had trailed for nearly the entire series.

i was fine with either team winning, but im glad the raptors got to make history. sucks for giannis though. love that guy.

also..can we talk about how i found zeni in character while watching these idiots on ESPN talking about basketball on youtube (frankly, i really only open these videos to see the comments)?

e5r5Fyu.png

• Like 1

yea just like star said. they need tonight as well. not sure if it will happen since the warriors always seem to come back strong the second time around if they lose the first. we'll see though.

if the raptors can be as consistent as they were in game 1...series could be theirs. curious to see how they play tonight.

but yea im with you distorted..on paper i feel like the warriors have it, but the raptors have proved to me that they can keep up with them if they try.

i never watched the regular season games between these two, so i was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

they do.

i didnt know about the klay injury until the game started, but im still surprised they were able to take the FIRST game in GS..crazy.

getting the second would be a godsend. holy shit.

and supposedly durant will/might come back?