UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

26 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I just added this to my watchlist. Was it good? No spoilers though.

Currently watching Brooklyn 99 season 3 episode 22. This show gives me so many needed laughs.

If you liked The Raid but felt it needed more brutal action, it’s a must watch.

Watched the first two episodes of the new She-Ra cartoon on Netflix yesterday

and the third episode today.  I like it so far, but I miss the animation of the original.

New animation seems kind of generic to me but I don't dislike it.  Could be worse like the new MLP animation.

Also I think She-Ra is deaged.  When I was a little kid, I was pretty sure she was in her 20's or 30's not a teenager.

3 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Watched the first two episodes of the new She-Ra cartoon on Netflix yesterday

and the third episode today.  I like it so far, but I miss the animation of the original.

New animation seems kind of generic to me but I don't dislike it.  Could be worse like the new MLP animation.

Also I think She-Ra is deaged.  When I was a little kid, I was pretty sure she was in her 20's or 30's not a teenager.

Not "think".  "IS". That is deliberate.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Watched Survivor tonight.

The last two tribal councils have been awesome.

If there's more hidden immunity idols out there, I hope someone from the David tribe finds them.

Yep, "bing!" That was great.

What happened with there being too many idols though? Ha ha. But the introduction of that idol nullifier to game should have some big reprecussions down the line for future seasons, especially since they actually managed to play it successfully this first time. I imagine players will be much less likely to divulge when they find one from now on, but then the senselessness of doing that anyway hasn't stoppped most folks from doing so before, so who knows.

I kind of feel a little bad for Dan actually, but at least he didn't leave the game with two idols in his pocket. The Goliaths' arrogance has really been their undoing so far though. Just like in the story, they've underestimated the Davids as a whole, who are simply outsmarting them, and are paying the price for it now.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 12:43 PM, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Yep, "bing!" That was great.

Hide contents

What happened with there being too many idols though? Ha ha. But the introduction of that idol nullifier to game should have some big reprecussions down the line for future seasons, especially since they actually managed to play it successfully this first time. I imagine players will be much less likely to divulge when they find one from now on, but then the senselessness of doing that anyway hasn't stoppped most folks from doing so before, so who knows.

I kind of feel a little bad for Dan actually, but at least he didn't leave the game with two idols in his pocket. The Goliaths' arrogance has really been their undoing so far though. Just like in the story, they've underestimated the Davids as a whole, who are simply outsmarting them, and are paying the price for it now.

There are too many idols but the idol nullifier makes it more fun.

The nullifier is the first twist that I've liked in a long time.  It's getting interesting.

I'm glad that one guy is gone since he didn't get along with Elizabeth (she was my second favorite after Christian)

and was key in voting her out.  Definitely a little worried about Christian after seeing the preview for next week.  I hope the trailer is misdirection.

• Like 1

just finished up "bodyguard" on netflix. robb stark spent all 7 episodes calling everyone "mom" but other than that it was a lot of fun. had a predictable final twist, like they were telegraphing it from the start. but it was interesting and, at least for the first few eps, somewhat fresh for the genre. 

I'm so glad Christian played his idol.  That was a close one.  (Yes I'm aware I'm a hypocrite. 

Immunity idols are fine as long as they save my favorite.:D)

He would have been a goner if he hadn't played it.  Gabby is dead to me.  Good riddance.

I'm glad Davie warned him what was going on.  It's too bad Davie voted for him to leave though.

• Like 1

The Shivering Truth pilot.

I know the full series is online already in some degree, but as I follow the archaic practice of watching televised programs in their, well, televised format, I can't wait to see if it's horror-comedy or just straight horror. Either way, I expect something magnificent.

I'm super ticked off right now.  My favorite was voted off.

My second favorite is still left, but I'm afraid he'll be voted off soon.

I think one of the jerks from Goliath is going to win this season. 

Might not watch the next (and last) episode and if Davey is voted off during it, I'm done.

I won't even care who wins and just stop watching right there.  I'd rather watch YT videos or anime

than watch a jerk win again.  I can find out on twitter who wins anyway.  I'm sure they're livid too.  We had the same favorite.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 8:28 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Spoiler

Yeah, I think they were dumb to let Goliath ever get the numbers again. I get why they got rid of Carl, but I think they jumped the gun a bit because they were so eager to blur the lines and "play the game" that they turned on one another a vote or two too soon. Gabi's betrayal just kind of sealed it and was really hard to watch. I figured even though Christian saved himself from that, that his days were numbered at that point because it made everyone else too afraid of him and his smarts to keep him around.

1 hour ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I think they were dumb to let Goliath ever get the numbers again. I get why they got rid of Carl, but I think they jumped the gun a bit because they were so eager to blur the lines and "play the game" that they turned on one another a vote or two too soon. Gabi's betrayal just kind of sealed it and was really hard to watch. I figured even though Christian saved himself from that, that his days were numbered at that point because it made everyone else too afraid of him and his smarts to keep him around.

I think it would have been a better idea to vote out Alison and Mike before voting out Carl.

I can understand why he felt Carl had to go but it was too soon.  Now it's just a matter of time before all the Davids are picked out

and the worst Goliaths are left too.

The only person I like left is Davie.  As soon as he's voted out, I'm going to stop watching.

At that point, I won't care who wins since I don't like anyone else.

Survivor

Spoiler

Well, I watched even though I was very disappointed the way things went in the end, too. I was hoping, praying Kara and Nick would make the wise move and take out Mike, who was clearly the power behind the throne so to speak, for most of the latter portion of the game. They didn't do it though, even though it made perfect sense for both of them to do so. Nick got lucky that he won the last immunity to keep himself alive after that. I'm glad he did and still won though, because of the final three I thought he was the most deserving. I feel like Mike did play a slightly better strategic game though, and would have been okay I guess if he had won, too.

Angelina though, OMG. I get why she made it to the end, because I think they all knew she couldn't get a single vote for the million, but I still hate that she made it there cuz she just would not shut up and listening to her is like nails on a chalkboard. Even her trying to defend herself in the aftershow... It's not cuz she was an aggressive woman that nobody liked her; it's cuz she's so completely disingenuous and a total braggart. Also, really stupid idea with the whole get people to vote for her so she can make playing the idol she had no choice but to play for herself seem more dramatic. Best part of the ending was definitely seeing that she indeed got zero votes to win.

Ultimately, what ruined this season for me was that it once again got really boring and predictable again down the stretch.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

Timeless finale

I don't know why so many people slept on this show. They had to fight to get a second season, then again to get a proper finale. Not the greatest show, but it deserved better than it got.

Meanwhile, Scorpion, which was trash, got enough viewers for 4 seasons before it was finally cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 9:34 PM, PenguinBoss said:

Timeless finale

I don't know why so many people slept on this show. They had to fight to get a second season, then again to get a proper finale. Not the greatest show, but it deserved better than it got.

Meanwhile, Scorpion, which was trash, got enough viewers for 4 seasons before it was finally cancelled.

I loved Timeless too.  It was a great show and deserved better that it got.

Watched the last episode as well.  I'm kind of disappointed about the ending. 

Two out of three of the main characters were bland but I liked the rest.

The two bland characters played by actors with pretty much no facial expression

reminded me of two of the four leads in Pushing Daisies. 

They also had bad facial expressions and weren't the best actors.  I never saw them in

anything after the show ended.  I predict the same will happen to the two actors in this show.

It probably didn't do well since it's a good show.  I've noticed the best shows don't last long and the bad ones keep going.

Edited by blueraven1999

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 4 of Bojack Horseman. Took me a long time cuz my bf doesn’t like the show that much. 

Extremely dark season for pretty much all the major characters. I liked the season overall. Especially the episodes with Bojack’s mother and her childhood. 

Was kinda hoping Todd would kick off an apocalypse in Hollywoo with the Clentists, but hey, maybe next time.