UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

Watched the first episode of the new season of Survivor.

I honestly don't know how long I'll be watching this season.  There's so many people I dislike like Mr. Rigged and so few

I like.  Mr. Rigged is by far the worst "winner" out there.  He doesn't deserve to be out there and already did some pretty

dumb stuff.  Since I'm not saying his name Mr. Rigged is the idiot with the beard.  I don't like Tyson or Tony. 

Also one of the few I like the most Denise is already a target.  Not a good start to the season.

• Like 1

You don't like Parvati? But she's so evil. I don't want to see her win again, but she's too good of a villain to get knocked out so early on IMO. There are so many underhanded players this season though -- I mean they are all former winners so it's to be expected -- but it's kind of hard to say who are truly the biggest threats, other than the most obvious two. I'm just looking forward to fireworks that go off should Boston Rob and Sandra survive long enough to be put on the same tribe. The fire tokens are an interesting new addition to the game potentially, but depends on how easy or hard they're going to make it to acquire enough of them do anything meaningful with them.

9 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

You don't like Parvati? But she's so evil. I don't want to see her win again, but she's too good of a villain to get knocked out so early on IMO. There are so many underhanded players this season though -- I mean they are all former winners so it's to be expected -- but it's kind of hard to say who are truly the biggest threats, other than the most obvious two. I'm just looking forward to fireworks that go off should Boston Rob and Sandra survive long enough to be put on the same tribe. The fire tokens are an interesting new addition to the game potentially, but depends on how easy or hard they're going to make it to acquire enough of them do anything meaningful with them.

I don't like her, but I don't hate her.  Out of everybody, I hate Ben (Mr. Rigged as I call him since his season was rigged.) the most.  The only good thing is

that he helped my favorite Denise.  I'd rather have Parvati go than Danni one of the few people I'm cheering for.  Out of this entire cast, the only ones I like a

lot are Danni, Denise, Yul, Ethan, and maybe Sandra.  I think that's all of them.  I didn't like Parvati the first time around but she's not as bad now.  I still don't like her though.

Tony is second on my hate pile and there's a couple I'm not sure what to think of.

I've never liked Tyson but he wins points in my book for his commentary on Tony.  I've never liked Boston Rob but there

are people a lot worse than him in the game.  I'm meh when it comes to a lot of people and a lot of the newer winners I just don't remember.

It doesn't help that I don't like a lot of the current winners.

Watched Survivor.

I was hoping that either Adam or Parvati would be voted out.  Instead it was Ethan. 

I didn't see that coming.  It's too bad.  The only old schoolers I liked on that tribe were Ethan

and Danni and now they're both gone.  Also it's too one-sided.  I hope they change their buffs soon.

15 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Watched Survivor.

I really want Ben to be voted off, but voting off Rob was the smart thing to do.

Spoiler

Yeah, I knew the way the tribes shook out that he was a dead man walking. I'm just surprised he didn't seem to recognize that more himself. Just some hubris on his part there I think. If that tribe loses again next week though, I think you'll finally get your wish about Ben, and with two out of three of them heading to tribal council, that's looking pretty likely to happen.

39 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I knew the way the tribes shook out that he was a dead man walking. I'm just surprised he didn't seem to recognize that more himself. Just some hubris on his part there I think. If that tribe loses again next week though, I think you'll finally get your wish about Ben, and with two out of three of them heading to tribal council, that's looking pretty likely to happen.

I'll be cheering if Ben is voted out.  I could enjoy the show much more if he's not in the game and on that island.

8 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Binging Star Trek Discovery season 1. Watched the first 8 episodes so far. My first impression of it when I watched the first episode that aired on CBS a long time ago was definitely way off. It's much better so far than I thought it would be.

I love that show.  I'm slowly watching the second season.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the first season.

Watched Survivor.

Just why!!!  Why did that have to happen?  I'm so disappointed.  That tribe was so good at losing.   Two tribes were going to tribal

council.  Why did the one tribe that I wanted to lose win?  It's disgusting.  They just had to lose like they had been doing and they didn't. 

I want Ben gone so bad.  Plus my favorite Denise voted out one of my last remaining favorites Sandra.  I only liked four people left in the game

Denise, Yul, Sandra, and Jeremy and now another one is gone.  Denise wasted one of her idols and she could have possibly worked with Sandra. 

I really thought Denise was going to vote for Tony.  He's a loose cannon.  It's so disappointing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Watched Survivor.

Spoiler

Heh heh,  I knew when Yara won you were going to be super ticked. 😆 That was pretty shocking though. On the other hand, I wasn't really surprised Denise chose to take out Sandra given the opportunity, but I was disappointed Sandra messed up and made such an amateur move by giving that idol to her instead of just playing it for herself, especially considering her whole "anybody but me" mantra.

Also, already finished the first season of Star Trek Discovery. Overall, it was pretty awesome. Only downer was I thought the end of the season felt a bit anticlimactic.

Spoiler

The final scene with them meeting up with the Enterprise though more than made up for that and makes me really excited to see where season two goes now. Also, I noticed the final episode had a deleted scene, which I on a whim decided to check out and was really glad I did when I saw that it was of Georgiou being recruited by Section 31. The whole season was just one plot twist after another. Already, I'd say this ranks up there with Deep Space Nine as my favorite Star Trek series.

Watched Survivor.  Rant is below.

Why is everyone I like getting voted out?  I used to like Wendell but he's been a jerk this season.

I still like Denise even though she voted out another of my favorites Sandra.

I wish she didn't though.  Jeremy is cool and is a close second favorite.  When Jeremy and Sandra are

gone, I won't be watching anymore.

The Mandalorian

Watched all 8 episodes in a row. Not particularly in love with the show. Some glimpses of potential and the odd funny bit. Wouldn't watch it again, though. I wanted more fighting or bounty hunting. 

The 4th episode was so god damned awful in every way I would have stopped watching if I had been alone. Stupid plot, Mando is out of character, horrible acting, pathetic spectacle, and the worst additions to the show in terms of characters. Legendarily bad. The 5th episode was a stinker too but it was forgettable compared to this trash. Seemed like a filler, which, considering there were only 8 episodes, that's a significant chunk of your runtime. Not a good look. 

• Like 1

Rewatching The Odd Couple  Classic S1 ep 5 and 6.

This is great.  Not counting yesterday, the last time I watched this show both actors were alive

and I was either a teenager or in my 20's.  Not sure exactly when this show was on Nick & Nite.

I wish CBS had all of the episodes.

Edited by blueraven1999

Watched Survivor.

All I can say is Denise better keep winning immunity.  It looks like she's a goner if she doesn't.

Unless the targets change.  I hope she finds someone to work with.  Adam won't work since

he's too big of a target.  I thought he might go tonight.  I'm disappointed Tyson is back.

I wanted Yul or Danni to come back into the game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Watched Survivor.

All I can say is Denise better keep winning immunity.  It looks like she's a goner if she doesn't.

Unless the targets change.  I hope she finds someone to work with.  Adam won't work since

he's too big of a target.  I thought he might go tonight.  I'm disappointed Tyson is back.

I wanted Yul or Danni to come back into the game.

Spoiler

I was so looking forward to someone getting back in, but Tyson's like the absolute last person on Extinction I wanted to do so. Pretty much anybody but him I would have been happy seeing get back in there, but oh well. Yeah, given how divided everyone seemed to be about who to vote out, I think Denise probably saved herself by wining immunity there. Taking Sandra out is probably gonna come back to bite her eventually. I'm a little shocked Kim doesn't seem to be on anybody's radar though. If I had to bet right now, she would be my pick to win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Hide contents

I was so looking forward to someone getting back in, but Tyson's like the absolute last person on Extinction I wanted to do so. Pretty much anybody but him I would have been happy seeing get back in there, but oh well. Yeah, given how divided everyone seemed to be about who to vote out, I think Denise probably saved herself by wining immunity there. Taking Sandra out is probably gonna come back to bite her eventually. I'm a little shocked Kim doesn't seem to be on anybody's radar though. If I had to bet right now, she would be my pick to win.

I think Kim has a good chance as well.  I don't remember Kim or Sophie for that matter from past seasons, but I like Sophie.  She seems to be under the radar as well so

I think she has a good chance to win too.  I'm hoping Denise keeps winning immunity so she'll make it to the end but I know that's not likely.

At this point the only ones I'm cheering for are Denise and Jeremy.  Maybe Sophie too but most of the people I like are on the jury.

Might not watch the show for much longer.

Yeah, I think Sophie's a huge social threat. They'd be fools to underestimate her for too long, but she also has a way of seeming to be able to go unnoticed somehow. Kim's only played the one time before, so I think that's why she isn't as well known, but the season she won I remember she pretty much dominated it and as obvious as it seemed that she was the biggest threat to win, baffingly nobody ever seemed to want to get rid of her because she was so good at making friends with everyone. She's also a huge immunity challenge threat, which is how come I really thought she would be targeted right away after the merge.

2 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Yeah, I think Sophie's a huge social threat. They'd be fools to underestimate her for too long, but she also has a way of seeming to be able to go unnoticed somehow. Kim's only played the one time before, so I think that's why she isn't as well known, but the season she won I remember she pretty much dominated it and as obvious as it seemed that she was the biggest threat to win, baffingly nobody ever seemed to want to get rid of her because she was so good at making friends with everyone. She's also a huge immunity challenge threat, which is how come I really thought she would be targeted right away after the merge.

I don't remember a lot of the new people honestly.  It would help if I liked more of the winners, but I don't.

I have no idea what season Sophie was in.  I had a hard time remembering that one guy who was eliminated second

and brought back into the game at the last second and won.   And he just won recently.  Wendell I remember because I liked

him but he's been a jerk this season. 

So If I never see him again on Survivor, that's fine.  It's terrible that Ben isn't a target.

If he makes it to the end, I'll feel sick but I probably won't be watching the show for a lot longer since my favorite ones that are left Denise

and Jeremy are both big targets.

Edited by blueraven1999