UnevenEdge

Whats your oldest possession?

fuggnificent

A very small stuffed cat named Siamese that I got from an aunt and uncle when I was really little. It was probably one of the first stuffed animals I ever got and one of the few things I have that didn't go up in smoke.

Otherwise, a toss-up between some books from the early 1900's [not reprints but the first edition types] and some old coins.

Head scarf i ...took ownership of...from my grandmother. Had it since the early 90s

Oldest as in how long ago it became yours or how old the item is?

I'd say on both accounts, my NES is the oldest... my dad had it since before I was born and I have literally nothing else I have retrieved that I can remember.

as for the oldest thing... probably the house I don't want that I am part owner of... built in 1894...

Oldest as in how long ago it became yours or how old the item is?

I'd say on both accounts, my NES is the oldest... my dad had it since before I was born and I have literally nothing else I have retrieved that I can remember.

as for the oldest thing... probably the house I don't want that I am part owner of... built in 1894...

your shit blazer is older than this earth

Guest Zintar

Ohfuck I have that too... but I didn't receive that until I was like 12 :D

I've had mine for as long as I can remember. I do remember I received my original SS card during the second grade and signing it. I still have that too.  Aside from those documents I would say the oldest other personal items would be photos.

my oldest verified possession is probably a dime from 1851. i have other coins that are older, but they're so worn that it's impossible to verify the exact year they were minted. one of them is an 183x date. so that's probably the oldest thing i have.

LOL!

The stock market has nothing to do with it..... c'mon man.

Hey I just had my 70s collection of silver coins looked and appraised

Got quoted for 3500

Last year it was 2900

Gold and silver values varies on the market

Hey I just had my 70s collection of silver coins looked and appraised

Got quoted for 3500

Last year it was 2900

Gold and silver values varies on the market

No.... it doesn't.....

Gold and silver are driven by demand, I will explain this all to you at some other time. But silver is a great investment right now, I have my IRAs backed with gold and silver.

No.... it doesn't.....

Gold and silver are driven by demand, I will explain this all to you at some other time. But silver is a great investment right now, I have my IRAs backed with gold and silver.

... I keep forgetting the difference on that

Completely my fault for not actually reading

Saw gold and that was it

Depends on a lot, but these are super rare to begin with, they are sealed and protected, and they are sequential order. So...... yeah, but it's driven by demand. I would have to see what like notes have sold for and then approach a buyers market to test the waters. I just hang on to them, I figure if I wait until they are on their 100th year mark... the value will be that much better..... or our economy will topple and the dollar will be worthless.... either way, cocaine and hookers for days.

5000 $100 1929 gold certificates in sequential order.

Safe deposit box kept and sealed. One day I will have them appraised.

i don't believe you. sitting on $500k in cash bills that are possibly worth 5-10x face value? nope, don't believe it. that many sequentials (one would also assume mint condition/treasury strapped) would be documented somewhere. then there's that whole bit about 1929 not being a series year in which $100 gold certs were actually printed. 1928 would be possible, but i'm still suspicious that there's that many sequential bills that aren't documented as a collection.

I want to be clear because I saw what I said.... $5000 Worth of $100... not 5000 $100 bills

that's more believable. fifty $100 gold certs in sequential, ungraded raw/uncirculated condition, would probably be worth $25-50k as a set. possibly more, depending on serial. and whatever the market demand is, i don't know right now because i haven't really followed it lately. but they've gotta be 1928's though, or 1929 frn (not gold cert).

what's this certificate, like a cert of authenticity or something? gold certificates are standard bank notes issued by the treasury. they're printed with gold ink overlay and say something like "$xxx in gold coin payable to the bearer on demand" across the bottom.

i hate to tell you you're wrong (nobody likes to be told they're wrong, esp when it comes to collectibles) but from everything i've ever read or researched, there's never been a series 1929 gold certificate issued by this country. i'm really hoping your memory is just wrong, that you have 1928 gold certs or 1929 "brown seal" frbn's, because those are both collectible and valuable. 1929 gold certificates are most likely counterfeits.