UnevenEdge

Whats your oldest possession?

fuggnificent

like i said, i don't want to tell you you're wrong. maybe i'm wrong, and i've just never happened across any documentation for that series of bank notes. but it's something i would be really interested to see proof on, whenever you're done plugging the delaware with your giant hog of course.

while i'm being that guy... what 1970's silver coins appraised at $3500? is it ten pounds of proofs or something? foreign coins perhaps?

It was around 5lbs but I had some rare silver dollars that the appraiser wanted to give me 200 each

I have 20 of them and I'm not parting with them yet

Copper coins now that I had 80lbs worth majority of them were Canadian which I'm going to melt

It was around 5lbs but I had some rare silver dollars that the appraiser wanted to give me 200 each

I have 20 of them and I'm not parting with them yet

Copper coins now that I had 80lbs worth majority of them were Canadian which I'm going to melt

silver ikes? for $200 apiece? surely not. or are we talking foreign silver?

it takes about 150 copper cents (us pre-1983 or canadian pre-1997) to make a pound. you might get $2 for that copper on the scrap market, probably less. congrats, that 80lbs of copper you've saved might possibly net you up to $40 after cost of face value is deducted. but you'll probably only break even, if that. saving copper only makes sense if you plan to sit on it until the chinese suck it all up and drive the cost up about 10x. which is not likely to happen anytime soon.

silver ikes? for $200 apiece? surely not. or are we talking foreign silver?

it takes about 150 copper cents (us pre-1983 or canadian pre-1997) to make a pound. you might get $2 for that copper on the scrap market, probably less. congrats, that 80lbs of copper you've saved might possibly net you up to $40 after cost of face value is deducted. but you'll probably only break even, if that. saving copper only makes sense if you plan to sit on it until the chinese suck it all up and drive the cost up about 10x. which is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I have copper wiring I'm going to melt as well

But the amount I have on wire is about $600 worth after I strip the cover off of it

The coins are before the 70s only the silver dollars are worth more and that's because of a screw up on the design.

you're not supposed to pull the copper out of your walls when you get foreclosed, just sayin'.  :P

also, it's easier (and faster!) to just melt/burn the insulators off. just don't do it upwind of a police station.

so you have silver dollars (peace? morgan?) with mint errors, eh? die cracks, or what?

I have copper wiring I'm going to melt as well

But the amount I have on wire is about $600 worth after I strip the cover off of it

The coins are before the 70s only the silver dollars are worth more and that's because of a screw up on the design.

You know, you get more out of it if you strip it rather than burn it.