UnevenEdge

Well, it's faster...

K_N

real talk, i refuse to believe that nodebb is that expensive. considering it made Lithium look good by comparison.

Hosting a website with more than a few simultaneous active users is expensive.

This server is a little over $200/month.

if the 20 of us is that expensive, i wonder how much the ASMB was in the golden age (2005-2007)

We have a load average of ~50 active users, occasionally up to 100.

20 would be easy.

But it's not good enough.

JUJk06u.png

SMF sucks. We gotta find something better.

What exactly is the bottleneck?  The actual database calls?  I have another forum that's been using SMF for an eternity; I could ask them what sort of hardware they're hosted on as a comparison point.

What exactly is the bottleneck?  The actual database calls?  I have another forum that's been using SMF for an eternity; I could ask them what sort of hardware they're hosted on as a comparison point.

It's too many database calls combined with too many users at once.

Or something Viper and Admin installed that's hammering the database.

wouldn't blocking him do the same fucking thing?

People have no restraint....Seeing "you are ignoring this person" is like a pile of shit to a fly....They have to check it out.  Blocking won't work for some unless it totally erases the poster from view

People have no restraint....Seeing "you are ignoring this person" is like a pile of shit to a fly....They have to check it out.  Blocking won't work for some unless it totally erases the poster from view

Nah it's totally not that, they can still see some Zeni threads on the front page haven't you heard? Very traumatic.

It works great for me, but most people aren't as great as me so you're probably right.

On topic, it WAS faster last night, but I've gotten the error page like 6 times this morning

Yeah it's faster when it works but there's been times where the site is down for many minutes. I assume that means an admin is fucking with something and that'll stop after today, idk

It's faster but yea not $200/month faster. $200 should be able to pay for us. There's a problem that needs fixing. Viper did say you guys were letting spiders in too. Is that right?

well as long as luuv doesn't remove the forced registration page that should stop it

but I doubt it although KN should have more say since it is his server so the viewing should be his choice

I'll fix the like button thing at some point.

Right now my concern is speeding things up.

Particularly finding exactly what is causing the slowdown and fixing that part.

Guest The Hound

Bots and non-logged in users can't view any part of the board anymore.

>now that i leave

>all my ideas are actually being utilized.

>now that i leave

>all my ideas are actually being utilized.

you left?

well, welcome back  ::]::

how're things...wife and kids ok.....did gam gam's garden win first prize again this year....

I don't know anything about you  :|  :P