UnevenEdge

Nicknames

Do you guys have nicknames that people call you? 

Out of all my friends I have one that just loves to call me cooter. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Normally my nickname is just a shortened version of my actual name. 

But I always think about when people introduce themselves with their nicknames and you're like how'd you get called that?

Some nicknames that I was introduced to was:

Green Line - because he smoked his newps all the way to the green line

Satan - because he was high on acid and said he said his alias was All Hail Satan Cheesecake

Sooo do you have any weird nicknames?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

had a co-worker would call me rachel ray

some guy just calls me ray

i get "Hey You" alot

one guy calls me shirl, dont know where that came from

when i was a kid, it was all names based on my short stature (small fries, short stuff, midge)

bf has a petname for me - Littlefoot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/18/2024 at 7:52 AM, little_girl_lost said:

had a co-worker would call me rachel ray

some guy just calls me ray

i get "Hey You" alot

one guy calls me shirl, dont know where that came from

when i was a kid, it was all names based on my short stature (small fries, short stuff, midge)

bf has a petname for me - Littlefoot

Stupid anecdote time.

I used to read Archie comics, Moose's gf is Midge....in Jr high there was this really short girl that everyone called Midge. I thought it was cool because the only other time I had Head that name was and Archie books.

I soon learned her real name and I couldn't figure out how they got Midge from it....Could it be that I wasn't the only Archie reader? But I never brought it up because....well, despite this evidence, I reaaaaaaally didn't think anyone else read those books.

It was not until like my JR year in highschool I made the connection to midget. And I'm using the word because no little person I've ever met has told me it was a slur...in fact they said it was fine and hated dwarf more. The only people who told me it was wrong was internet people...But I'll change it if anyone is offended.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1