UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

Do football games usually end that suddenly?

It seemed like even the announcers weren't prepared for that last play.

You'd think, if it was the play that would decide it all, there would be more focus on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mix said:

Do football games usually end that suddenly?

It seemed like even the announcers weren't prepared for that last play.

You'd think, if it was the play that would decide it all, there would be more focus on it.

No one foresaw Hardman  making the final play of the game.  To answer your first question, yeah, OT ends that suddenly, even with the new “each team gets a possession definitely” rule. Getting back to Mercole Hardman, they’ll probably show that play continuously in the news cycle for the next week or so. Give or take. 

• Like 2

Ok everything was added and Seight won this years pig skin pick ‘em 

congratulations to @Master-Debater131 for correctly guessing the LOL team as Carolina. No one guessed Baltimore which had the best record 

@Raptorpat Seight is the winner he gets the winning rank I’ll brb to lyk who got the toilet bowl.  @scoobdog got the toilet bowl for last place. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Wooooo! I picked something correctly!

The fact that I didnt finish in last even with forgetting a weeks picks is remarkable.

I know!  This season was crazy w the games won by less than 3 points and with seconds left in some games

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I know!  This season was crazy w the games won by less than 3 points and with seconds left in some games

Honestly this was one of the craziest seasons in a long time.

The script writers really outdid themselves at times. Not super happy with the ending though, seen this story before. It sucks and is getting old.

• Haha 1

• 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

There’s speculation that Mecole Hardman have the Jets gameplan to both KC and Philly. He better speak on this true or not. If true he should never be allowed to play again 

It's another "WHY CAN'T THE JETS BE NORMAL?" episode, I see.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Seight said:

It's another "WHY CAN'T THE JETS BE NORMAL?" episode, I see.

The plot thickens as accusations fly that KC people contacted Hardman before he got permission from the Jets 

this is garbage that only happens here unbelievable 🫠

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

There’s speculation that Mecole Hardman have the Jets gameplan to both KC and Philly. He better speak on this true or not. If true he should never be allowed to play again 

For games where the Jets had their best offensive game to that point in a loss and a victory.  If he did, then they should hire him as their offensive coordinator., 

• Haha 1

I know. I was so disappointed to find that the thread was unpinned. I so wanted to talk about the draft prospect who was quoted as saying that he didn't believe in space or the planets.

8 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Oh, it's unpinned....anyway, hear me out

Russel Wilson is guaranteed his contract money despite the release and he's looking for somewhere to play.

He's experienced, and I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Do not want

10 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I don't WANT him either 

Nor do I. Then again, the Texans don't need him either. (Sorry. I shouldn't gloat.)

Also, and I know it's a little early to talk about, but it's looking like the Falcons are looking at drafting a QB in the first round. I forget which analyst it was on the NFL Network, but immediately after the Combine was officially over, he had Atlanta drafting J.J. McCarthy from Michigan. I think he'd be a good fit, personally, but then again, I'm not a Falcons' fan. What do you think of this, and who would you want the Falcons to select? (This question is for both you and Odin, if you choose to answer it.)

Edited by Gemini

The bottom line is Russel IS an NFL QB.....Moredo than any draft pick. He didn't meet expectations so he's just in a bad light and being released along with this huge hit they are willing to take to get rid of him is both a gift and a curse.

He can be work shopped for cheap and we already got a green ass head coach. I think entering the 2024 season from the ground up with no (new) weapons in the cache to be a bit foolhardy.

Now to look at the big pic....maybe McCarthy could be an asset down the line but he's not NFL caliber. 

Ridder has no business on the field and these thoughts are based on me not just saying "shits rigged anyway"

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

Figured I'd get this started in time for free agency, which offically starts Monday. Some notable FA's are Saquan Barkley, Derrick Henry, Mike Evans, Chris Jones, Kirk Cousins, and "Hollywood" Marquise Brown.

The list of the Top 100 free agents, according to pff.com, can be found here.

I mean there was already a thread for 23-24 I just unpinned it because the season was over. Usually people use that or make threads for specific events like the combine draft and free agency. Don’t act like you’re doing me a favor by giving me the thread. 

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

When did he fucking NFL thread get competitive?

Maybe I should start the 2024 NCAA Football thread now so I can get in on the action....

BRB

A new league year has started. It typically starts in March, which is why I made the thread. I'm not trying to compete with anybody. lol

• D'oh 1

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Maybe I should start the 2024 NCAA Football thread now so I can get in on the action....

BRB

I will allow you to deal with the fact that Syracuse/Stanford is a conference game now if you want it lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

A new league year has started. It typically starts in March, which is why I made the thread. I'm not trying to compete with anybody. lol

No it’s not a new league year all that’s happening is considered off season. You know what you’re doing. 🙄

• D'oh 1

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

BRB

Come on you know what’s happening here. He should go into Toonami and do an episode discussion thread that another member has been doing for 2 decades 🙄

• Haha 1

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic
2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

No it’s not a new league year all that’s happening is considered off season. You know what you’re doing. 🙄

Hey, Google. When does the 2024 NFL league year start?

Again, I only made the thread to try and coincide with the start of the new league year and discuss it, not to undercut you. I'm sorry you feel like I did.

Seriously, pooh, that was my only concern.

Edited by Gemini

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Hey, Google. When does the 2024 NFL league year start?

Again, I only made the thread to try and coincide with the start of the new league year and discuss it, not to undercut you. I'm sorry you feel like I did.

Seriously, pooh, that was my only concern.

Never in the over 20 years of sports threads being made have they ever been made prior to the start of training camps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

That’s who should get dibs on the next thread. The winner of the pick’em game! 

Agreed. He's a cool dude.

And I want to reiterate that I wasn't trying to step on any toes. I once again apologize.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yeah, I was gonna ask you and Buddy about that. I'm sure both of y'all are happy, but there has to be at least one or two concerns, too, right?

He’s 35 and coming off an Achilles injury, so yeah, I’m concerned. However, he’s a proven starter and we’ve got a lot of talented players. The quarterback was the missing piece that remained. So I’m very optimistic. I would’ve been happy with Fields too, but he’s more of a higher ceiling/lower floor. Kirk is consistent and a good decision maker.