UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

19 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Yeah they look shocked right now, gotta get back into this game before the 49ers step on the Lions necks

If I was a lions fan I’d be furious at that play calling rn. They should have tied up the game instead of turning the ball over on downs. 

• Like 1

The Super Bowl no one wanted KC 49ers ugh fuck and I got no points cuz I got no picks 

this is like that Atlanta New England Super Bowl when Matt Ryan gave up a 21 point lead

27 unanswered fuckin points that’s just ouch man damn 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I guess the apocalypse isn’t upon us but now it’s the game no one wants 

IMG_5258.jpeg.2caed1cfdc7d51853dbccb6a1b37019a.jpeg

All I know is the team in red is gonna win. lol (I know, I know. I'm going. No need to boo me.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The reporters are gonna have a field day destroying Campbell for not taking the 3 points

So it goes.  I find it hard to rack a dude over the coals for sticking to the same game plan over the course of a season.  Yeah, those 3 points could have gotten them the game, but kicking field goals is not what got the Lions to the NFC championship.  Heck, if it hadn't been for a blatant case of corrupt officiating, it very well could have gotten them a better track to the game where they didn't need to rely on field goals.

It's really disappointing because I believed in the Lions this season and I'm going to believe in them next season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

So it goes.  I find it hard to rack a dude over the coals for sticking to the same game plan over the course of a season.  Yeah, those 3 points could have gotten them the game, but kicking field goals is not what got the Lions to the NFC championship.  Heck, if it hadn't been for a blatant case of corrupt officiating, it very well could have gotten them a better track to the game where they didn't need to rely on field goals.

It's really disappointing because I believed in the Lions this season and I'm going to believe in them next season. 

This is still somewhat surprising because i wouldn't have pegged you as a Lions fan if you hadn't said anything earlier in the season.

Almost the entire country was rooting for the Lions cuz it was the feel good story of the century in the making. This team never made a Super Bowl appearance. They had seasons where they didn’t win a single game.  Their franchise QB left for LA and already got a ring. I mean c’mon. If you weren’t rooting for the Lions you’re either a d-bag, San Franciscan, or in general Californian. Maybe all three at once. Idk I got feelings about this Super Bowl. 

Kansas City wins cuz it is so written. Taylor Swift is the good luck charm the NFL needs to entice younger and more female fans and millions of dollars. They lose and no one gaf about any of that. 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Almost the entire country was rooting for the Lions cuz it was the feel good story of the century in the making. This team never made a Super Bowl appearance. They had seasons where they didn’t win a single game.  Their franchise QB left for LA and already got a ring. I mean c’mon. If you weren’t rooting for the Lions you’re either a d-bag, San Franciscan, or in general Californian. Maybe all three at once. Idk I got feelings about this Super Bowl. 

Kansas City wins cuz it is so written. Taylor Swift is the good luck charm the NFL needs to entice younger and more female fans and millions of dollars. They lose and no one gaf about any of that. 

I was rooting for a Detroit-KC Super Bowl, to be honest. I still think the Chiefs would've won that matchup, but the storylines we would've gotten would've been huge! (Mom's Spaghetti vs. KC Barbecue, Eminem vs. Taylor Swift, etc., etc., etc.)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

This is still somewhat surprising because i wouldn't have pegged you as a Lions fan if you hadn't said anything earlier in the season.

I don’t have an NFL team per se.  I like teams with players and coaches I like, and I really like Amon-ra.  Goff is okay for a Cal Bear, so I can overlook that.

i don’t like the Niners, though.  Fuck those guys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Drew Magary at Defector made the point last week that dynasties are only fun AFTER the fact because they keep you from cool new things in the present. For instance the Chiefs being there again keeps us from seeing Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson from playing in their first Super Bowl in favor of Mahomes, which is a thing we've already seen.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Drew Magary at Defector made the point last week that dynasties are only fun AFTER the fact because they keep you from cool new things in the present. For instance the Chiefs being there again keeps us from seeing Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson from playing in their first Super Bowl in favor of Mahomes, which is a thing we've already seen.

Exactly!  It’s boring like this. I like the chiefs but even I don’t wanna see another Super Bowl w them 

• Like 2

Scores are up.  Super Bowl picks are up

correct pick is 50 pts I was gonna make it 58 points for SB 58 but then I didn’t.  I considered making it 25 points but then I said “fuck it….50 pts to the correct pick”

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seight said:

There is a notable gap between the excitement of seeing a great player lead his team to his first Super Bowl win and the excitement of watching a legend in the making win his fifth Super Bowl.  In between is the disappointment of not seeing the unexpected or unlikely.  Mahomes, for better or worse, is in that middle phase where his legend is being built on fleeting moments of greatness wedged in the monotony of competence.  If he wins, it's because he's expected to win, but if he loses, it deflates our opinion of his past successes.  It's depressing to think about, really.

• Like 3

I usually don't have football opinions, because Lions fan.  But goddamn did they throw the game at the end.  Like, they literally stopped playing after the first half and it got me down because I had really built up hope they'd pull it out and go all the way.

Better luck next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

I usually don't have football opinions, because Lions fan.  But goddamn did they throw the game at the end.  Like, they literally stopped playing after the first half and it got me down because I had really built up hope they'd pull it out and go all the way.

Better luck next year.

That was textbook Same Old Lions

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I feel really bad for yous guys. The last time I felt the heartbreak you might be feeling now was back in 2015  the NY Jets had 10 wins and they had to beat Buffalo in order to get  a WC spot. The QB was Ryan Fitzpatrick a journeyman QB having one of the best seasons of his career.  Muhammad Wilkerson broke his leg towards the end of that game.  Ryan Fitzpatrick went from Fitzmagick to Fitztragic in short order. That sting 

• Like 1

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic