UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Agreed. He's a cool dude.

And I want to reiterate that I wasn't trying to step on any toes. I once again apologize.

And just like that, we’ll leave that prize for the next time. Maybe get more people to play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

Agreed. He's a cool dude.

And I want to reiterate that I wasn't trying to step on any toes. I once again apologize.

Excellent (I will probably forget this conversation in 5 months lol)

• Haha 3

Former Packers RB Aaron Jones agrees to terms on 1-yr/$7M deal with the Minnesota Vikings, per NFL.com.

Also, QB Sam Darnold is also a Viking, signing a 1-yr/$10M deal with the team.

I get what Minnesota is doing, but I have to wonder if they may still draft a QB next month. If they do, fans are gonna expect him to play, and he probably will before the season's over.

Edited by Gemini

Ian Rapaport is reporting that the Bengals are trading RB Joe Mixon to my Texans! The Bengals will get Zack Moss in return. (I forgot which position he plays.)

The Texans also agreed to terms with former Chiefs P Tommy Townsend, Jeff Okudah, Lonnie Johnson, and notable Ravens ST standout Del'Shawn Phillips. So it's not like we're standing still. We're making some moves as well. Just not what I was expecting. Still, in Nick Caserio we trust!

Edit: Zack Moss played for the Colts last season and signed with Cincinnati, hence the Bengals trading Mixon to the Texans. I don't know what we're giving up yet.

Edited by Gemini

10 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I hope Rodgers does run so we can be done with him. He’s apparently a Sandy Hook truther, and it would be convenient to completely write him off at this point.

He denies ever being a Sandy Hook truther, but the thing is, I don’t believe him.  He claims he didn’t know he was even being considered by RFK jr because he was in the jungles of Costa Rica eating ayuhuasca at the time. 

I can’t w him. Why can’t he just be fuckin normal 

Jets re-signed Mosley. Really glad for that. Still upset we lost Huff but the Jets, say what you will about them, they know how to put a defense together and have an amazing ability to spot talent. Huff and Quincy Williams were un drafted free agents and NYJ gave them a shot and they are great.  NYJ have a long history of doing that. So I feel they will replace Huff w someone just as good or better. Offense they can’t build for shit. We got a couple of offensive players off Baltimore. Hopefully it’s a good sign 

I'm never going to get used to this but wtf ever

Screenshot_20240315-051157.png

EDIT, oh so I get a new one when I refresh the page...sadly this is the best Falcons group I've found not full of no fans trolling.

This dude just irks me....I want to retire a falcon...I have no idea why that infuriates me. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this as soon as I get up

Screenshot_20240315-052312.png

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I'm never going to get used to this but wtf ever

Screenshot_20240315-051157.png

EDIT, oh so I get a new one when I refresh the page...sadly this is the best Falcons group I've found not full of no fans trolling.

This dude just irks me....I want to retire a falcon...I have no idea why that infuriates me. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this as soon as I get up

Screenshot_20240315-052312.png

My brain is rejecting the "Kirk Frost" picture and I don't know why.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Seight said:

My brain is rejecting the "Kirk Frost" picture and I don't know why.

Kirk Frost Falconer is what he should change his name to. Just to mess with @André Toulon. (j/k Buddy. lol)

In other news, we've traded the 23rd overall pick, which originally belonged to the Cleveland Browns, but we had received from them as part of the Groper Cleveland (read: Deshaun Watson) trade, to the Minnesota Vikings for, uh, more draft picks.

Story per NFL.com

I don't know what to make of it, to be honest. I mean with the offseason moves we've made since Monday, it sort of make sense, but I'm usually someone who values first-round picks immensely. That said, this draft is said to be pretty deep so it's not like we won't find value in the second and third rounds. And like I've said earlier, in Nick Caserio we trust! Besides, I think we need to look for guys who are good role players to fill out our roster from here on out.

Even more breaking news! Kenny Pickett is going to the Eagles! (Again, story per NFL.com) I'm just gonna be quiet and tag @sahockeygrl15. I want to know what she thinks of this.

Edited by Gemini

44 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Why?

Because the Bears never learn.  They're going to draft Caleb and throw him right into the fire, just like every QB rookie they've had - until the fans start screaming for someone else.  Meanwhile, GB has theirs sit for a year or two and learn the system, then come in knowing what to expect.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Why?

It's a dumb move for Chicago because they went out and finally got Justin Fields a weapon or two on offense only to turn around and trade him. Fields can still be really, really good if not great. That's not to say Caleb Williams will be a bust. Far from it. I think he's gonna be great provided the franchise does everything it can to give him the chance to succeed. But this? Well, this is like taking two steps forward and one -- if not two -- steps back. That said, it may have been a lose-lose situation anyway for the Bears. I don't know. It just appeared they were still willing to give Fields a chance because he's shown flashes of brilliance on the field, especially last season. The team's woes shouldn't be put on him.

As for the Steelers, they traded away Kenny Pickett, a hometown kid, to help pave the way for Russell Wilson to be the starter only for them to bring in Justin Fields? It just seems strange to me. It seemed like they wanted Wilson to be a bridge QB for a potential soft reset at the position via the draft. But this? I mean hey, wanting a QB competition is one thing. This, however, makes me question everything the Steelers have done when it comes to their QB situation. That's why I say it's a dumb move for Pittsburgh as well.

Also, what tsar said.

Update: According to ESPN, Fields will NOT compete with Russell Wilson for the starting job at Pittsburgh. I wonder why not because he again has shown he can play. He just needs some weapons on offense.

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Because the Bears never learn.  They're going to draft Caleb and throw him right into the fire, just like every QB rookie they've had - until the fans start screaming for someone else.  Meanwhile, GB has theirs sit for a year or two and learn the system, then come in knowing what to expect.

The buzz way back in October, when I was tooling around the city, was that Caleb was going to be drafted by the Bears.  It’s hard not to think that the well was poisoned as far back as then.

31 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The buzz way back in October, when I was tooling around the city, was that Caleb was going to be drafted by the Bears.  It’s hard not to think that the well was poisoned as far back as then.

True, but at the same time, they made it appear as though they were going to keep Justin Fields by bringing in a couple playmakers.

Are the Bears playing chess while we're all playing checkers? I don't know. I will say the optics don't look very good, at least in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

True, but at the same time, they made it appear as though they were going to keep Justin Fields by bringing in a couple playmakers.

Are the Bears playing chess while we're all playing checkers? I don't know. I will say the optics don't look very good, at least in my eyes.

Or they brought in playmakers for their new franchise quarterback.

9 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Or they brought in playmakers for their new franchise quarterback.

Fair point. In that case, it does make more sense. But like tsar said, Caleb will probably be thrown into the fire and expected to perform miracles. However, he could also turn out to be like C.J. Stroud and have a transcendant rookie season. We'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Gemini

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I missed the part where we traded Ridder for Rondale Moore. 

I would have been fine with a tuna sandwich on wheat, but we'll see.

The fact that we got anything for him makes me think Fontenot is the true author of The Art of the Deal.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

Fair point. In that case, it does make more sense. But like tsar said, Caleb will probably be thrown into the fire and expected to perform miracles. However, he could also turn out to be like C.J. Stroud and have a transcendant rookie season. We'll find out soon enough.

Oh I think we all agree on that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I get that, but I can’t for the life of me visualize the gobbledygook explanation of what happens.

The key points (I think) is that kickoff ball is in the same place but the actual line of scrimmage is 25 yards in front of that.   Receiving and kicking and lineups are 5 yards apart and no one moves until one of two returners touches the ball.  There are no fair catches but the ball can still roll into the end zone for a touchback.

Essentially,  everything is centered around nobody moving until the ball is caught, shortening the time and distance for the kicking team’s players to run up on the returner.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-royals-to-expore-options-after-blowout-loss-on-sales-tax-vote-in-kansas-city/

Good. Hopefully this starts a trend of people voting down handouts to billionaires to build stadiums.

The Chiefs are already threatening to leave Kansas City after this move. Fuck em. No more handouts for billionaire playthings.

11 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-royals-to-expore-options-after-blowout-loss-on-sales-tax-vote-in-kansas-city/

Good. Hopefully this starts a trend of people voting down handouts to billionaires to build stadiums.

The Chiefs are already threatening to leave Kansas City after this move. Fuck em. No more handouts for billionaire playthings.

"Well maybe we'll just go somewhere else then!"

"And so will we, the Royals!"

"is uh, is this thing on?"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I'm cool with Cam being mad that we picked Kirk. It's really few people I hate more than Cam. Dude really thinks he's being hated out of being a legend.

I couldn’t agree more.