UnevenEdge

So, who's ready for Daylight Saving Time?

nameraka

DST  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Fuck DST

• Fuck DST
    • Fuck DST in a slightly less comfortable position

3 hours ago, nameraka said:

seriously though, i drive into the sunrise in the morning and into the sunset in the evening, and I'd like to not have my retinas incinerated any more. 

I pictured someone driving to and from work screaming while their eyes are literally on fire everyday like it's a casual thing

and I got a pretty good chuckle out of it

• Haha 2

I don't think God is going to STOP THIS GODDAMN PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT FUCKING RAIN GODDAMN FUCKING BULLSHIT until it's literally spring, so I am looking forward to it.

I've wanted to get my car washed for 3 motherfucking months but it can't go one goddamn motherfucking week without any goddamn mother fucking rain. ENOUGH OF THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ALREADY.

37 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i thought we were going to stop this nonesense. 

the premise, i thought, was for farmers.

but hell, have you seen the farm tech these days? they don't need extra sun.

no i loathe dst. 

Yeah, I thought we were stopping this too? I wonder wth happened to that. I remember there was complaints cuz they were going to stay in the spring ahead time, which isn’t in line with our circadian rhythm, but then never heard about it again. 

I am not a fan of the spring ahead. I only use it as a “spring is coming, buy your soil” marker. 

• Like 2

Just now, mthor said:

I used to like it when I worked nights, because we worked 7 hours and got paid for 8. Pain in the ass for charting, though.

Now I dread it with every fiber of my being, because it's my job to roust Dexter and DeeDee for school. Monday morning will be ugly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 10:19 AM, discolé monade said:

i thought we were going to stop this nonesense. 

the premise, i thought, was for farmers.

but hell, have you seen the farm tech these days? they don't need extra sun.

no i loathe dst. 

They've been "trying to stop it" (or make it permanent) since forever. It never goes anywhere.

image.webp.da3c4693806728dcfcb90d6b9a275317.webp

And then there was the time..

Screenshot_20240309-164434.webp.85a45fdd9e08015861d2c52aa33e54f9.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, rpgamer said:

They've been "trying to stop it" (or make it permanent) since forever. It never goes anywhere.

image.webp.da3c4693806728dcfcb90d6b9a275317.webp

And then there was the time..

Screenshot_20240309-164434.webp.85a45fdd9e08015861d2c52aa33e54f9.webp

Everyday I live longer I'm more convinced it's a simulation

Seriously...What politicians are up there like "my only platform is defending daylight savings until I die!"

Let's do the roll back, where we get the hour of sleep because we all fucking like that, and then never touch the fucking clock again

8 hours ago, molarbear said:

Everyday I live longer I'm more convinced it's a simulation

Seriously...What politicians are up there like "my only platform is defending daylight savings until I die!"

Let's do the roll back, where we get the hour of sleep because we all fucking like that, and then never touch the fucking clock again

And have the sun come up at 3am in the summer?

Fuck that noise. Make DST permanent already.

2 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

And have the sun come up at 3am in the summer?

Fuck that noise. Make DST permanent already.

The argument against permanent DST is that parts of the northern continental US, especially at the edges of the time zone, wouldn’t have sunrise until 8 even close to 9 in the morning, which would probably suck. Being in the south, I say? Fuck ‘em.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:00 AM, 1pooh4u said:

yeah, I thought we were stopping this too? I wonder wth happened to that. I remember there was complaints cuz they were going to stay in the spring ahead time, which isn’t in line with our circadian rhythm, but then never heard about it again. 

I remember the Senate passed it "accidentally" a couple years ago which raised all the attention, but the House never voted on it. The problem is that most people agree the transition is stupid and dumb, but due to the nature of geography, Southern proponents want permanent daylight savings time and Northern proponents want permanent standard time.

• Like 1

I stayed up too late, where the 1am hour is followed by 3am. And then while I was falling asleep someone woke up crying and got in bed with us and spent the next five hours kicking me in the face and not actually sleeping.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I remember the Senate passed it "accidentally" a couple years ago which raised all the attention, but the House never voted on it. The problem is that most people agree the transition is stupid and dumb, but due to the nature of geography, Southern proponents want permanent daylight savings time and Northern proponents want permanent standard time.

....... I have to choose between gardening and sleep?

My god, I do need a representative to vote for this

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:42 PM, Raptorpat said:

This is all very sensible... except, there's already precedent with Arizona and Hawaii, so, if Florida is so hung up on this (considering they're constantly the ones proposing an end to it), why don't they just get rid of it in Florida and be satisfied? Or make it permanent, hard to tell which way they want it. In any case, clearly it doesn't have to be country-wide.

• Like 1