UnevenEdge

Site Maintenance 10/6

Raptorpat

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I don't like that the thread titles remain bolded even after you've read all the unread stuff. A fix for that at the very least would be nice.

This is a skin issue, I think I might have to do a complete reskin which sounds awful. 

If anyone wants to test things that are broken by the old skin, scroll to them bottom of the page where the "theme" button is and toggle to default (pre-apologies to your eyes).

6 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

This is a skin issue, I think I might have to do a complete reskin which sounds awful. 

If anyone wants to test things that are broken by the old skin, scroll to them bottom of the page where the "theme" button is and toggle to default (pre-apologies to your eyes).

Yeah, that's gonna be a "no" for me, sir.

One brief glance nearly blinded me. And I need my eyes for stuff.

OK GOOD NEWS

Using a fresh default skin fixed a bunch of issues. Mobile users should now see the drop-down to access notifications, your profile and inbox, and the various other doodads. The problem was that the original skin just didn't have that button, like it just didn't exist.

So I'm going to work off this fresh skin and try to fix some broken colors etc. and get some of the old colors back in.

If anything other than layout stuff ends up broken, let me know. When I first ran the upgrade it was FUBAR as hell and I spent about 9 hours all together getting to actually work without losing a weeks worth of posts. It would not surprise me if something was still broken as hell somewhere.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I don't like that the thread titles remain bolded even after you've read all the unread stuff. A fix for that at the very least would be nice.

I think this is a change with how the UI works, but I can fiddle with it more later.

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Also bring back the custom ranks you could give yourself, those were cool.

It also looks like they've completely redone the ranks so I have to wrap myself around that too. If you see that new blue icon next to your avatar with the rocket on it, when you hover over it it lists the OG Luuv UEMB rank you are (separate from the colored-font ranks). That's what the old version used to let you replace.

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I just saw that...I love it, do you know how many times I've been looking for an image that I know I saw here but can't track it down.

Not saying it's perfect but it's neat to me

It has merit, the provided information is kinda nice to have. I just despise empty wasted space in UI.

Speaking of, the header on Current Events is kinda somehow excessively huge now. But that's probably still more of the skin issue. And I can sorta get if there's always gonna be something wonky with that somewhere on the site.

The skin is a placeholder right now, best plan is probably to just identify things like that that appear broken. We need an active skin right now, but trying to adjust it while it's the live default is also not user-friendly.

Edited by Raptorpat

Absolutely makes sense.

On the plus side, small sample size, but I swear twitter/youtube embeds load a lot faster now.

Also, not sure if it might just be a thing I have turned off, but reputation points appear to have disappeared from under user icons? Seems like something I'd turn off.. but I swear I was seeing it prior to update.

Edited by rpgamer

8 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Feature I've found that I'm not a huge fan of:

Looks like if there's 2+ weeks between posts in a thread, the site will literally add a "2 weeks later.." insert between posts.

Again, just more unnecessary empty space.

Damn.  I wish we had that feature a few months ago.

Are we definitely committed to the not-quite-yellow color of the top links and unread message circles and such? It's such a clashy color that doesn't mesh with anything... I mean, I sorta get/respect the nod to old ASMB styles that looked like ass, but...

Appreciate putting posts on the grey background, tho. I like dark themes, but pure (or nearly) black background for everything was kinda its own strain.