UnevenEdge

Site Maintenance 10/6

Raptorpat

Unofficial so just mentioning it here and not making a formal announcement yet, but we may be doing our big software/security update this weekend. Slight possibility that downtime cuts into toonami hours but not sure yet.

If it goes through, we will probably shut down the ASMB anniversary board at that time and revert any lingering changes like mod rank shenanigans.

Security update should resolve this horrible botspam we deal with on a daily basis.

EDIT: Site Maintenance is tonight (10/6) and the website will be down for a few hours

Edited by Raptorpat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The sex doll one was amusing but generally I find them real annoying. I don't think I've seen it on this board, but I've been on boards where one bot will flood the entire first page with spam in the span of less than an hour, and just keep doing it every day.

We have users for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Raptorpat honestly here's an odd idea maybe some kind of meet and greet face to face the voice to voice  event would be  cool

i think a philosophy and religion folder would be nice also for that type of subject manager I've been reading a lot about religion and stuff and it'll be I call myself an  agnostic it is a deeply fascinating subject matter both areas 

or event that opens us up to the outside world . 

Edited by ghostrek

On 9/22/2023 at 4:19 PM, Raptorpat said:

Unofficial so just mentioning it here and not making a formal announcement yet, but we may be doing our big software/security update this weekend. Slight possibility that downtime cuts into toonami hours but not sure yet.

If it goes through, we will probably shut down the ASMB anniversary board at that time and revert any lingering changes like mod rank shenanigans.

Security update should resolve this horrible botspam we deal with on a daily basis.

Did y'all do this... because I think I've been seeing more bots....

But I mean just bots that post, no clue what's going on with the ones who don't get a chance to.

Edited by cyberbully

There's not much and there is a lot of info. on the invision community boards or whoever the company is that runs/does invision section of the company, about stopping bots.

When I typed in invision community bots in the main community board, it gave a lot of results, but they were not dated in sequence. 

I think there was like 250 pages of crap and I was like nope, too much crawling for this bot and went back into my dump space in my hive.

I did also try to boolean it with different stuff like month, 2023, but nothing worked for me but it might you.  I'm dumb about boolean.   

I don't even know what that word boolean means, I just made that word up, it doesn't exist in my memory dump and there's not anything on the internet about it from my existence to this day forward.  If you can explain it to me that'd be great because I want to know about boolean.  BOOLEAN!!!!

J/K I know what it means, but I suck at searching boolean.  I'm going to say BOOLEAN again.  BOOLEAN!  It rolls off the tounge very nicely. 

Say it over and over and you will fall in love with it and will be talking to each other in BOOLEAN over and over before/during/or after mating or whatever you do.

It'll go something like, "stick that big BOOLEAN in my BOOLEAN and BOOLEAN me until I BOOLEAN all over your BOOLEAN you big BOOLEAN"  etc. etc...

Anyway, my suggestion is if you can make an account there (if you haven't already) and tell them what your problem is, they seem to be very responsive to the community and may be able to help you. 

31 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

The only (minor) issue I’m having so far is that I would like to switch from my phone to my laptop, but I can’t find the Sign Out button.

Why do you need to sign out on one to switch to the other? I can be logged in on laptop and phone at the same time..

• Haha 1

Poking around finding changes. It seems for maybe larger threads (I think?), the site adds some extra sidebar with stuff like "top posters" and "posted images" etc.

At a glance, nifty extra thread info.

But also means the entire rest of the page has a quarter of the screen taken up by blank space. Definitely something we could probably do without, if there's any way to disable that.

2 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Poking around finding changes. It seems for maybe larger threads (I think?), the site adds some extra sidebar with stuff like "top posters" and "posted images" etc.

At a glance, nifty extra thread info.

But also means the entire rest of the page has a quarter of the screen taken up by blank space. Definitely something we could probably do without, if there's any way to disable that.

I just saw that...I love it, do you know how many times I've been looking for an image that I know I saw here but can't track it down.

Not saying it's perfect but it's neat to me