UnevenEdge

Trumpist Insurrection in DC

ZoomBubba

I literally cannot wait. No more racism, soaring economies, erasure of student loan debt, guaranteed universal basic income, the complete withdrawal of our troops from around the world, no more wars, world peace, the eradication of COVID, the prosecution of all hate-people; and it is just a couple weeks away right around the corner I just cannot contain my giddiness. The utopia is so close.

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

So you're saying that the raid on the capitol isn't being compared to the looting, violence that went on this summer? 

Wow. I cannot believe these racists would even compare the two. What happened yesterday was a bunch of seditious nazis trying to overthrow the government getting BTFO. Comparing that to people fighting systemic racism and police brutality is just misguided and disingenuous.

7 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I have no doubts I will not see a worse U.S. president in my lifetime.... but will this country EVENTUALLY get someone even worse, by the time climate change destroys our civilization? On the one hand, it happened once, it can happen again.... On the other hand, Germany has done a bang-up job of not letting another Hitler rise to power. Back to the first hand, Hitler's rise to power wasn't even 100 years ago, and we probably got well beyond 100 years before our civilization is done for. So, we'll see.

There are big differences between Trump and Hitler. 

• Trump didn't have a vision, he just said what he thought would win him the moment. Hitler, on the other hand, knew what the goals were years before he actually gained power. Sort of like one had a masterplan and another had a chaotic Twitter feed.
  • Trump surrounded himself with a disposable sycophants who tell him whatever he wants to hear at any given moment. Hitler was unfortunately surrounded by a deathly efficient inner circle.
  • On a similar note, Trump's orbit was very unstable outside of family. Hitler's orbit was marked by its stability, so much so that the inner circle could be considered a single unit instead of Hitler and followers.
  • Trump was almost always reactive, never proactive. It wasn't until we were well into WWII that the structure that the Nazi Party built started to crumble.
  • Without Trump, there would be no Trumpism. On the other hand, without Hitler the Nazi Party would be able to continue (pre-1942, not post).

Don't take this as praise for the Nazis, it's more of a reason they seemed to be an unstoppable force for the better part of a decade and Trump was constantly in crisis. If a disorganized blowhard like Trump can win the presidency, imagine what someone with Trump's charisma (for the right-extremists anyway) who had a master plan and was able to surround himself with a competent inner circle.

• Sad 1

Something that also went on.

Supporters of President Donald Trump massed outside statehouses from Georgia to New Mexico on Wednesday, leading some officials to evacuate while cheers rang out at several demonstrations as a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol.

Hundreds of people gathered in state capitals nationwide to oppose President-elect Joe Biden's win, waving signs saying, "Stop the steal" and "Four more years." Most of them did not wear masks amid the coronavirus pandemic, and some carried guns in places like Oklahoma, Georgia, Arizona and Washington state.

There were some scuffles in states like Ohio and California, with some instances of journalists or counterprotesters being pepper-sprayed or punched. But most demonstrations were peaceful — some of them quite small — and only a few arrests were reported.

New Mexico police evacuated staff as a precaution from a Statehouse building that includes the governor's office and the secretary of state's office, shortly after hundreds of flag-waving supporters arrived in a vehicle caravan and on horseback.

https://www.voanews.com/2020-usa-votes/trump-supporters-swarm-statehouses-across-us-some-evacuated

2 minutes ago, helpme said:

I told my wife not long before the election that his people may try to invade state capitols, city halls and county courthouses as part of some secessionist plot. I figured there would be a couple of states where they'd have a friendly legislature/governor that would let them march on in. I guess we still have Jan. 20 to see if this unfolds.

Just now, ZoomBubba said:

I told my wife not long before the election that his people may try to invade state capitols, city halls and county courthouses as part of some secessionist plot. I figured there would be a couple of states where they'd have a friendly legislature/governor that would let them march on in. I guess we still have Jan. 20 to see if this unfolds.

Remember in resident evil they say live ammunition has been authorized? 

2:13 basically what will happen January 20th

59 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Trump Jr. is even more annoying that his father. I actively avoid news clips where they are speaking. 

In a few weeks they are all heading to Florida to live in the new center of the MAGAverse. I'm thinking we'll see more of this incitement and whining for a couple of weeks before the crowds whither away to nothing and the Trumps just stop speaking in public. Aside from the election of 2016, Wednesday was the highpoint for the Trump family as far as the devotion of their base goes. Unlike 2016 where they had gradual ups and downs, Wednesday ended in a cliff. If you hear the chatter from their sites it's mostly  either "it's over" or "this is bigger than Trump." 

43 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Yeah, everything settled down and went back to normal after the failed march on the feldherrnhalle.

Pretty much. That was the high point of MAGA. Trump took a gun and shot himself in the head politically on Wednesday. He's finished as a major force in American politics.

1 minute ago, ZoomBubba said:

Pretty much. That was the high point of MAGA. Trump took a gun and shot himself in the head politically on Wednesday. He's finished as a major force in American politics.

yeah but if he gets his way, he'll be big again in the post-american political scene.

2 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

Sure am glad all the people involved in the Beer Hall Putsch realized how foolish they looked and never again tried to seize power.

That would have been terrible. 

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

yeah but if he gets his way, he'll be big again in the post-american political scene.

I think he's reached the limit as far as whipping up his followers then retreating when he feels the heat. I think he may cause a little stir in the 2022 primaries by throwing his weight behind fringe candidates, but I believe they will on the most part be beat. By 2024 his biggest influence will be when Democrats point to Jan. 6 as a reason not to vote for whatever Republican is nominated for the presidency (unless it's Hogan or Baker).

3 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Sure am glad all the people involved in the Beer Hall Putsch realized how foolish they looked and never again tried to seize power.

That would have been terrible. 

Na, we are not the Weimar Republic or anywhere close to Post-WWI Germany. Not even close.