UnevenEdge

Anyone have an AS show they hated but changed their mind on later?

Jman

Curious to hear.  There have been a few with me, although the biggest was of all things, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse.  I remember being furious it was on Adult Swim, then a while later, saw Pee Wee’s revival on Broadway, which was hilarious.  Since then I’ve had more appreciation for Pee Wee Herman.

Anyone have a similar experience, a show they initially loathed then turned around on?

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

They were aggressively trying to make Delocated a thing in the early 2010s. I loved Jon Glaser’s previous work but I couldn’t appreciate the witness protection gimmick/having that voice modulator the entire show.

I wouldn’t say I’ve grown to love the show, but I find it alright now.

• Like 1

I didn't hate the show so much as I hated Carl from Aqua teen xD  It wasn't because of how brilliant a job they did of making him so disgusting but I think maybe it was because he was disgusting and had a New Jersey accent (which I can also have on occasion).  But then even he started to grow on me.

Also I stopped watching cable and tv in general around 2012, went all anime and youtube and...gardening and shit.

Edited by Vela

On 7/9/2023 at 12:37 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I liked Eric Andre season five, before that I hated that whole show with a passion.

Neat but not what the thread was asking.

I can't remember ever growing out of love with any [as] show, but I remember season 4 of the Boondocks getting progressively worse and worse with every episode I watched. I haven't even seen the last two, and that's probably definitely a good thing. Also, Robot Chicken's gotten kinda meh with time.

I can't remember ever growing into love with any [as] show, but I really came around to 12 oz. Mouse once I decided to watch past the first episode. Forget Rick & Morty, this is the one you need a big brain IQ to appreciate.

Edited by PokeNirvash
Way to discredit my own point, me...
  • Haha 1

I still have a burning hatred for any live action shit that appears on [ as ]. 

However, I'm willing to tamp the hatred slightly on 'Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell' mainly because Henry Zebrowski is actually kind of a decent dude who had a shitty childhood and he didn't grow up to be a serial killer. He just likes to talk about them. :D 

On 7/21/2023 at 12:22 PM, SwimOdin said:

Tom Goes to the Mayor. I didn’t get it at first (hell, some of my coworkers at adult swim [the dot com side] didn’t care for it either). I find it hilarious now. Don’t know what changed.

Child-induced delirium/idiocy. It's a pretty common thing.