UnevenEdge

a dream journal thread, describe your dreams!

Lynnrael

my dreams are weird but I'm gonna try

i don't remember the exact sequence, but there was a movie theater that was packed. i found the perfect spot and it had my old hoodie and jeans in it for some reason. but when i sat down, someone was sitting in the seat next to me and said they were saving it for someone, so i took my clothes and went to a different seat. it was at a weird angle and i couldn't see the movie at all

later i was in a room that was mine but also different and also the bathroom somehow. my roommates cat was with me, and i dropped a bottle of ibuprofen which it immediately tried to start eating so i picked him up and tried to get him to spit out what he had in his mouth, and suddenly an endless stream of ibuprofen came pouring out mixed with saliva and for some reason other pills were mixed in. 

then a door closed somewhere in the house and it woke me up

weird dreams

I stopped trying to analyze my dreams long ago.

And the whole I have nightmares more than dreams thing applies to me too.

Lately a lot of my dreams have been isolated to the house I grew up in and my old high school. I wanna say I'm just homesick....but I hate home, so it doesn't really make sense.

I also have a bunch of dreams about exes lately....which they are always positive, but they still make me wake up pissed because even though my brain wants to show me some good shit, I wake up instantly remembering why I got the fuck out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Lately a lot of my dreams have been isolated to the house I grew up in and my old high school. I wanna say I'm just homesick....but I hate home, so it doesn't really make sense.

I also have a bunch of dreams about exes lately....which they are always positive, but they still make me wake up pissed because even though my brain wants to show me some good shit, I wake up instantly remembering why I got the fuck out

Unresolved issues.

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

honestly I've never had any success at analyzing my dreams. they're all far too bizarre so unless they're really straightforward, like the cat thing (I'm worried about the cats getting into my room and eating a pill I've either dropped or knocking over a bottle of pills that isn't closed right and eating that, i don't let them in my room though) or the awful ones where my teeth fall out, i usually just let my subconscious worry about it. 

i don't really have nightmares, aside from the teeth thing and once every few years a weird ghost dream where some entity corners me and i feel so much terror and dread that i literally force myself to wake up by trying to yell. but those are pretty rare and feel like sleep paralysis mixed with a dream... which is another thing I've stopped trying to make sense of. 

most of dreams are just bizarre worlds where zombies or monsters attack and i have some thing that I'm supposed to do. those are the fun ones that i can't remember but will try to go back to sleep to finish.

2 hours ago, eklipse said:

Wasn’t there a movie that said dreams are what Alternate “you” is doing in the multiverse?  Anyways I hope that’s not the case, because my dreams are weird.  😂

right? alternate universe me is having one hell of a wild ass life lmao

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

honestly I've never had any success at analyzing my dreams. they're all far too bizarre so unless they're really straightforward, like the cat thing (I'm worried about the cats getting into my room and eating a pill I've either dropped or knocking over a bottle of pills that isn't closed right and eating that, i don't let them in my room though) or the awful ones where my teeth fall out, i usually just let my subconscious worry about it. 

i don't really have nightmares, aside from the teeth thing and once every few years a weird ghost dream where some entity corners me and i feel so much terror and dread that i literally force myself to wake up by trying to yell. but those are pretty rare and feel like sleep paralysis mixed with a dream... which is another thing I've stopped trying to make sense of. 

most of dreams are just bizarre worlds where zombies or monsters attack and i have some thing that I'm supposed to do. those are the fun ones that i can't remember but will try to go back to sleep to finish.

The teeth falling out dreams are very common and generally mean 1 of 2 things....

1. You are worried about how others see you

2. You are worried that you'll literally lose your teeth, actual honest to god dental issues.

18 hours ago, eklipse said:

Wasn’t there a movie that said dreams are what Alternate “you” is doing in the multiverse?  Anyways I hope that’s not the case, because my dreams are weird.  😂

I actually hope it is the case....I've brought this up a few times hate, but I think it was in DF and I do....know what, brb

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 4:52 AM, André Toulon said:

So, I visited another parallel Buddy's world in my dream again. This one apparently helped a kid on a high school football team by going and buying him a helmet when he somehow didn't have his at an away game.

I just feel like this had to be a different Buddy because I wouldn't do that....sadly, I don gaf about other people's kids.... definitely not enough to buy them a helmet....maybe I was just that invested in the team.....this Buddy was also having an affair with one of my ex bosses wives....it's strange because back when I worked for these people, I always felt the wife was unnecessarily nice to me, but in this dimension, the husband was in a wheelchair....she must have took her shot since she couldn't get it from her husband any more.

All the weird shit aside, I was looking for my kids at this school, which happens a lot in these kinda dreams....and it always bothers me because my kids either don't exist, or they are faceless. It's kinda unsettling 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

I don’t dream often. It’s not an I don’t remember them thing, I take medication that disrupts REM sleep.  I might actually slowly be going mad as a result, who knows? 😬

the last dream I even remember was a while ago.  I was on a boat(like a ferry) and there was a dead body floating in the water. I remember trying to get the boat to go back but no one saw the body or gaf about it. That’s it. 

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

That’s really detailed!  Wow, trippy. 

When I was a kid, I had a recurring dream about a neighborhood (that I’ve never seen in RL).  I would dream of going there like weekly and they were continuation dreams - so really trippy.  Later, the neighborhood burned down and I wasn’t able to return.  I still remember the other kids, houses, gardens, our bikes, etc.  

Anyways, this recurring neighborhood dream made me interested in lucid dreaming because maybe I was controlling it and that’s why they were continuation dreams. 

It baffles me, people who say they don't dream....like wtf is you sleep like....you just one minute, watch tv, then the next waking up with nothing in between that time....

I just can't get it...I dream vividly, and often, meaning that I get up in the middle of the night, fuck around a bit, go back to bed and just have a new set of dreams.....

Maybe I will start logging them

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:56 PM, The_annoying_one said:

I honestly don’t dream. And the few times I do, I’d rather not discuss them.

Your dreams probably evaporate too quickly.

There was a time in my life when my head hit the pillow and it felt like seconds when I was waking up again (ugh, awful time).  I didn’t remember my dreams then either but I was just exhausted/running ragged. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eklipse said:

Your dreams probably evaporate too quickly.

There was a time in my life when my head hit the pillow and it felt like seconds when I was waking up again (ugh, awful time).  I didn’t remember my dreams then either but I was just exhausted/running ragged. 

Bummer. I may not remember all my dreams either, but I do remember most of them, at least for a time. Like I had a dream that I had married my high school gilfriend (who was gorgeous in every way possible) and we were making love. Then, after a while, I had, uh, something happened just before I had awakened.

On 7/4/2023 at 11:40 AM, André Toulon said:

It baffles me, people who say they don't dream....like wtf is you sleep like....you just one minute, watch tv, then the next waking up with nothing in between that time....

I just can't get it...I dream vividly, and often, meaning that I get up in the middle of the night, fuck around a bit, go back to bed and just have a new set of dreams.....

It doesn’t baffle me, but it does kind of worry me.  I track my sleep, so it makes me wonder what I fucked up that I’m missing out on REM sleep.

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It doesn’t baffle me, but it does kind of worry me.  I track my sleep, so it makes me wonder what I fucked up that I’m missing out on REM sleep.

I doubt that they don't dream. I bet it's a case that more often than not, they just can't remember their dreams. That part may be a little troubling, but not surprising to me because there are times I just don't remember what kind of dreams I had from the other night, but I know I had them. (If that makes sense.)

Edited by Gemini

On 7/4/2023 at 12:40 PM, André Toulon said:

i don't remember my dreams most nights tbh, but it's never an instant transition, mostly because i lay in bed with my own thoughts for a good two hours before i actually get to sleep and they usually slowly become more and more incoherent until they seem like dreams themselves. then i wake up and go back to sleep a bunch of times

• Thanks 2

On 7/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, eklipse said:

When I was a kid, I had a recurring dream about a neighborhood (that I’ve never seen in RL).  I would dream of going there like weekly and they were continuation dreams - so really trippy.  Later, the neighborhood burned down and I wasn’t able to return.  I still remember the other kids, houses, gardens, our bikes, etc.  

Anyways, this recurring neighborhood dream made me interested in lucid dreaming because maybe I was controlling it and that’s why they were continuation dreams. 

i would love if my dreams kept a continuous narrative like lol that sounds amazing

On 7/4/2023 at 2:25 PM, eklipse said:

Not sound paranormal it could have been a different reality that you coexist in with another you more less (that reality's version of you)

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I doubt that they don't dream. I bet it's a case that more often than not, they just can't remember their dreams. That part may be a little troubling, but not surprising to me because there are times I just don't remember what kind of dreams I had from the other night, but I know I had them. (If that makes sense.)

You know the difference between not dreaming and not remembering a dream.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Yes, that's true. Some people don't. (Though I'm not a neuroscientist.)

neither am i but i wonder if it's actually possible to just not dream at all. I'm pretty sure that'd be devastating to one's health

there was pretty cool ologies episode about sleep i listened to. they did say that your body needs rem sleep, and that it's impossible to just will yourself not to sleep indefinitely because eventually your body will just make you sleep anyways. i don't know if they mentioned whether or not it's possible to survive without rem sleep if you get enough other kinds of sleep though

Edited by Lynnrael

7 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

neither am i but i wonder if it's actually possible to just not dream at all. I'm pretty sure that'd be devastating to one's health

mental heath ways yes also explains theme jerk that think sci/fi and fantasy genre  that is fucking evil

Edited by ghostrek

Ah, the maze dream...nthe most exhausting of all dreams. It's where I'm in some large place, usually a school, or airport, or mall or something and I'm looking for one particular thing, but instead I'm just going in circles and finding dead ends. 

It sucks because I can feel my anxiety mounting during these dreams....like I know I'm running out of time to find whatever it is ....but goddammit, I'm back in the food court.  Fucking feels more like I've been running around and instead of sleeping

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

oh i hate those. i used to have dreams where i was wading through a sea of plastic bottles back when I worked in recycling. it was awful lmao

That sounds kinda neat actually.  Like playing in a McDonald’s ball pit but I guess bottles are less comfortable lol.

20 minutes ago, eklipse said:

That sounds kinda neat actually.  Like playing in a McDonald’s ball pit but I guess bottles are less comfortable lol.

it woulda been way more fun but when it was just more work i was mad i couldn't escape even in my sleep. plus walking with plastic bottles covering the floor during a regular day meant we were falling behind and had too many customers to stop and clean up, which got really really stressful >.<

I also woke up once and my ex said i was talking about there not being enough barrels in my sleep but i don't remember that one lol

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

it woulda been way more fun but when it was just more work i was mad i couldn't escape even in my sleep. plus walking with plastic bottles covering the floor during a regular day meant we were falling behind and had too many customers to stop and clean up, which got really really stressful >.<

I also woke up once and my ex said i was talking about there not being enough barrels in my sleep but i don't remember that one lol

Too funny!  In college, my roommate was an early bird.  I’d often get home very late and she would be dead asleep.  So, it’s like 2 or 3am and I’m getting ready for bed and she would talk to me in her sleep (!) - so hilarious.  Of course she never remembered it and somehow our conversations were woven into her dream, making them even weirder. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Edited by eklipse
The barrels part was funny. Not the stressful part. That’s teh suck.
  • Haha 1

that was a weird dream. was talking to my ex on the phone. don't remember much aside from her asking if I'd come back and me saying no again 

there was also plexiglass, and some other weird stuff i can't explain or don't remember. and a part where someone tried to fart in my face. not even kidding, no fucking clue what that was about

• Haha 3

Let’s see if someone would like to take a crack at deciphering the dream I had last night.

First, a brief explanation of things: I leave this Sunday for a week-long vacation. I will be leaving my small dog with a sitter that I’ve never used before, but seems legit. Now, the dream….

I dreamed that the sitter called me mid-vacation to let me know that he had passed away, unexpectedly.

I kinda don’t even want to go on this trip now. Am I overreacting?

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Let’s see if someone would like to take a crack at deciphering the dream I had last night.

First, a brief explanation of things: I leave this Sunday for a week-long vacation. I will be leaving my small dog with a sitter that I’ve never used before, but seems legit. Now, the dream….

I dreamed that the sitter called me mid-vacation to let me know that he had passed away, unexpectedly.

I trust my dreams based off one thing.

Years ago, my cousin's best friend popped up in my dream. He gave me his motorcycle and said "be careful on it, it'll kill you". Some other nonsensical shit happened then I woke up and thought nothing of it.

Later that day, my mom said "Derrick, John died....he had a wreck on that motorcycle"

I went cold....me and dude weren't super close, and he randomly shows up in my dream and dies the next day...wtf?

I said nothing...i was scared. About 2 years later, we were getting drunk and I told the story to everyone and they were dismissive... just like "yeah right" so since then, I just keep shit to myself but if I have a bad dream about someone, I call them as soon as I wake up. 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I trust my dreams based off one thing.

Years ago, my cousin's best friend popped up in my dream. He gave me his motorcycle and said "be careful on it, it'll kill you". Some other nonsensical shit happened then I woke up and thought nothing of it.

Later that day, my mom said "Derrick, John died....he had a wreck on that motorcycle"

I went cold....me and dude weren't super close, and he randomly shows up in my dream and dies the next day...wtf?

I said nothing...i was scared. About 2 years later, we were getting drunk and I told the story to everyone and they were dismissive... just like "yeah right" so since then, I just keep shit to myself but if I have a bad dream about someone, I call them as soon as I wake up. 

Yeah, I should’ve kept this one to myself. It just shook me a little bit, but I’ll be alright. Another thing is, my sister’s always had a way of dreaming up horrible shit and it coming true. I don’t think I inherited that, but can’t be too careful.

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

Yeah, I should’ve kept this one to myself. It just shook me a little bit, but I’ll be alright. Another thing is, my sister’s always had a way of dreaming up horrible shit and it coming true. I don’t think I inherited that, but can’t be too careful.

Shit man, I'm sorry....I didn't really consider my little anecdote wouldn't exactly make things better...

3 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

You love your dog and you've never used this sitter before, it's completely natural to be apprehensive.  You might even be a little anxious about the trip in general which is just adding to your stress.  

It's interesting that your sister dreams dreams in to reality...I'm the opposite.   The likely hood that the things I imagine or dream come true is so slim that I'm sometimes relieved when I envision shitty stuff but also cautious about jinxing good things 

• Like 2

I almost remembered some of my dream from last night.  All I know is it had something to do with mopping the floors 🤷‍♀️  I've heard that you can recall your dreams more vividly if you've been interrupted or woken up mid REM cycle.  You're less likely to remember them if you sleep through or passed your REM cycle.  So people who get up often throughout the night tend to remember their dreams more often and people who sleep through until the morning, less.  People who have a very strong internal clock, the kind of people who have constant routine, uninterrupted sleep and even wake up at the same time every morning before their alarm clock even goes off, hardly ever remember dreaming.

Songs.  I wake up to songs in my head   all.  the.  time.

• Like 2