UnevenEdge

a dream journal thread, describe your dreams!

Lynnrael

1 hour ago, Vela said:

I almost remembered some of my dream from last night.  All I know is it had something to do with mopping the floors 🤷‍♀️  I've heard that you can recall your dreams more vividly if you've been interrupted or woken up mid REM cycle.  You're less likely to remember them if you sleep through or passed your REM cycle.  So people who get up often throughout the night tend to remember their dreams more often and people who sleep through until the morning, less.  People who have a very strong internal clock, the kind of people who have constant routine, uninterrupted sleep and even wake up at the same time every morning before their alarm clock even goes off, hardly ever remember dreaming.

Songs.  I wake up to songs in my head   all.  the.  time.

it's funny cause my sleep schedule is so erratic and but i still don't remember my dreams most nights

I'm hoping writing about them will help, I've heard that can work and is also a way to train for lucid dreaming

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

So. Do. I. Every. Single. Day. Matter of fact, I have a song stuck in my head all day every day. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

also, yes, me too! i have songs in my head when i wake up a lot. it's kinda cool though. i listen to a lot of music at work so there's a lot of opportunities for new and fun songs to get stuck lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lynnrael said:

i

I'm hoping writing about them will help, I've heard that can work and is also a way to train for lucid dreaming

It can for a lot of people, your brain actually remembers what you intend to do as it's waking you up.  And doing it first thing when you wake up before other thoughts cloud your brain is helpful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

also, yes, me too! i have songs in my head when i wake up a lot. it's kinda cool though. i listen to a lot of music at work so there's a lot of opportunities for new and fun songs to get stuck lol

xD Mine are often from anime's I've been watching.

This was thismorning:

• Like 1

The FPS dream.  I don't even really play FPSs but I have these dreams constantly where it's like I'm in Golden Eye.  One thing that tends to happen is i become aware and basically turn the dream lucid....But once i go lucid, the gun doesn't work anymore unless i make sound effects with my mouth.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Let’s see if someone would like to take a crack at deciphering the dream I had last night.

First, a brief explanation of things: I leave this Sunday for a week-long vacation. I will be leaving my small dog with a sitter that I’ve never used before, but seems legit. Now, the dream….

I dreamed that the sitter called me mid-vacation to let me know that he had passed away, unexpectedly.

I kinda don’t even want to go on this trip now. Am I overreacting?

Well one way you can interpret that is as a prophetic dream of something horrible about to happen, buuuuuuuut you can also interpret it as your anxiety over this new, unknown sitter manifesting itself in your dreams so it doesn't overwhelm you in waking life.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well one way you can interpret that is as a prophetic dream of something horrible about to happen, buuuuuuuut you can also interpret it as your anxiety over this new, unknown sitter manifesting itself in your dreams so it doesn't overwhelm you in waking life.

I think I may have figured it out. I woke up this morning with a mysterious sore throat and headache. Might’ve been my body warning me that I was coming down with something. Anxiety is also something I’ve lived with most of my life, so there’s that too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, André Toulon said:

The FPS dream.  I don't even really play FPSs but I have these dreams constantly where it's like I'm in Golden Eye.  One thing that tends to happen is i become aware and basically turn the dream lucid....But once i go lucid, the gun doesn't work anymore unless i make sound effects with my mouth.

what kind of sound do you have to make? can you make it fire with any sound or do you have to mimic a gun? 

I had a dream once that I got mugged by a meth head Dracula

that is a fucked up dream get an attack by a vampire because he wants my fucking wallet not my blood

every time I have a dream like that I makes me feel like I am hard on myself subconsciously

i mean here's another dream I had once I had to dream that zombies took over the world and they didn't want to eat me

i mean that mean you know how confusing that would feel mean On one hand they don't want to eat you I get to live by the other hand I mean if there's something wrong with me and walking dead doesn't want to eat me That's kind of saying something  extremely wrong with me

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ghostrek said:

I had a dream once that I got mugged by a meth head Dracula

that is a fucked up dream get an attack by a vampire because he wants my fucking wallet not my blood

every time I have a dream like that I makes me feel like I am hard on myself subconsciously

i mean here's another dream I had once I had to dream that zombies took over the world and they didn't want to eat me

i mean that mean you know how confusing that would feel mean On one hand they don't want to eat you I get to live by the other hand I mean if there's something wrong with me and walking dead doesn't want to eat me That's kind of saying something  extremely wrong with me

Orrrrrrr you're the cure!  And after scientists synthesize and distribute your antibodies you'll be the savior to millions!!!

Edited by Vela
Or hundreds depending on how many ppl are still alive
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

what kind of sound do you have to make? can you make it fire with any sound or do you have to mimic a gun? 

It's kinda like my brain know what ammo im mimicking....like if i go braapbraap, machince gun.....plakow...shotty. Bing bing boom....grenade launcher.

But last night was in this recurring field....i have no idea where this field actually is, but it leads to my friends house sometimes.....which is weird because his house was in a church parking lot (his mother was the pastor) .

But this time i was fighting bees....which really could have been this fly thats been in my room for the last 3 days. Hes always quite until im trying to go to sleep....then he's just annoying.

Oh, i should mention im allergic to bees so its was kiiiiinda like a nightmare, but really more of a nuisance.

Edited by cyberbully
  • Like 2

Here is one from last night:

I was at a friends house, but it was located on the shore of a tropical beach. It was like The Maldives or French Polynesia, but my friends does not live there, so I quickly realized it was a dream. A bunch of my other friends showed up and we had a party and eventually decided to get some tubes and rafts and float around in the water and drink. The water was as flat as glass and their were islands everywhere. A couple of friends that date IRL started to fight and everyone started laughing at them. After that we all got out and most people left. The friend whose house I was at when the dream started looked at me and said he spent his entire pay check on the party. I told him it was no big deal because none of this was real. He looks back at me and tells the 'Of course it is not real, but having no money sucks either way.' I laughed and woke up after that. 

I usually wake up briefly after most of my dreams every night and quickly fell back asleep haha  

2 minutes ago, eklipse said:

The watcher dream. The one where you’re not a character at all and just watching someone else’s story unfold.  

I've had a couple of those before. Too bad I can't remember them because they happened several years ago.

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

I've had a couple of those before. Too bad I can't remember them because they happened several years ago.

Some might interpret the watcher dreams as not being in control of your own life/bystander.  But man, the stuff I’m dream-watching is super effed up.  I can’t even bring myself to write about it here. 

So basically my subconscious is just a messed-up, violent place.  

• Sad 3

On 7/15/2023 at 6:39 PM, eklipse said:

Some might interpret the watcher dreams as not being in control of your own life/bystander.  But man, the stuff I’m dream-watching is super effed up.  I can’t even bring myself to write about it here. 

So basically my subconscious is just a messed-up, violent place.  

I do remember one where there were these three girls who were with this guy in bed, and they were making out with him. Then suddenly, the women merged into one woman, who just so happened to look like my high school girlfriend. It was weird.

Edited by Gemini
I should mention that this happened back in 2002. Why do I remember it now? I don't fucking know. lol

Had a dream the other night where I was Gaston from the animated Beauty and the Beast and I was on a mission for redemption and trying to make up for all the shitty things done in the movie.  Most of the people were already pretty forgiving, so there wasn't much to do to appease them and I eventually started slacking off and half-assing everything.  Then I can't remember exactly what happened, like some kind of natural disaster, and this one woman lifted a steel beam that had fallen on a house's roof and tossed it to the ground so it didn't completely crush the house and I was so inspired by her that I started going out of my way to be as helpful as she was.  Pretty sure the dream ended with me making out with strong lady.

• Like 1

weird dream inside some kind of giant mansion and haunted house that was also somehow a city. i don't remember very much of anything other than watching tv with my sister and at a different point coming out as pan to everyone. no idea who everyone includes, it was a lot of people in one room but I can't remember any of who was there. or why I came out as pan and not as trans. 

Edited by Lynnrael

So earlier this morning, I had a dream that I was dating Big Bang Theory star Katey Cuoco (before she got pregnant and had a kid). We were in an apartment that looked similar to a townhouse I lived in before moving in with my grandparents, but obviously, the layout was different. Anyway, we were really enjoying each other's company. Right when she put her arms around my neck, it seemed like she was going to kiss me. Then, a song by Jethro Tull starts playing. I thought we were going to start slowdancing a bit because, well, dreams. lol But it played twice (it's a very, very short song) and after the second time, I woke up. The song playing was actually one I use for an alarm. lol

Here's the song. The lyrics are also posted below.

Hello sun.
Hello bird.
Hello my lady.
Hello breakfast.
May I buy you again tomorrow?

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gemini said:

So earlier this morning, I had a dream that I was dating Big Bang Theory star Katey Cuoco (before she got pregnant and had a kid). We were in an apartment that looked similar to a townhouse I lived in before moving in with my grandparents, but obviously, the layout was different. Anyway, we were really enjoying each other's company. Right when she put her arms around my neck, it seemed like she was going to kiss me. Then, a song by Jethro Tull starts playing. I thought we were going to start slowdancing a bit because, well, dreams. lol But it played twice (it's a very, very short song) and after the second time, I woke up. The song playing was actually one I use for an alarm. lol

Here's the song. The lyrics are also posted below.

Hello sun.
Hello bird.
Hello my lady.
Hello breakfast.
May I buy you again tomorrow?

This makes me want to listen to Crimson and Clover.

Lovely dream.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vela said:

This makes me want to listen to Crimson and Clover.

Lovely dream.

I know. I was really enjoying it. I've had a crush on her since the Big Bang Theory premiered on CBS back in '07. I just wish it had been longer. :$

Edited by Gemini
It's CBS, as in the Columbia Broadcasting System, which was its former legal name. lol
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

weird dream inside some kind of giant mansion and haunted house that was also somehow a city. i don't remember very much of anything other than watching tv with my sister and at a different point coming out as pan to everyone. no idea who everyone includes, it was a lot of people in one room but I can't remember any of who was there. or why I came out as pan and not as trans. 

I remember reading somewhere that it's the people with no faces that are of importance in dreams.  Most of the time you know who they are even though they're faceless.  

16 minutes ago, Vela said:

I remember reading somewhere that it's the people with no faces that are of importance in dreams.  Most of the time you know who they are even though they're faceless.  

I get that they're important. I'd just like to know why they're important. Like...what's the reason they have no face?

23 hours ago, Gemini said:

I get that they're important. I'd just like to know why they're important. Like...what's the reason they have no face?

I think you need to look at it in reverse.  You already know who they are so they don't need a face, their presence it what's important.

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Since this started I'm unable to recall my dream....the only thing I remember about last night's is I was in my old house that I grew up in....I'm there a lot in dreams, but I really have no desire to go back there. 

Not that I s bad, but.... it's just been there done that 

It just sounds like your brain is taking a break.

• 2 weeks later...

So this was kinda weird. I was lost, as I often am but not wandering through the halls of my school, or an airport or mall or any combination of the three like usual. This time I was driving...which happens sometimes but I'm usually driving at home and getting lost somehow.  But no, this time is was here, in OK. 

I was trying to get to work, but apparently I'm in the music industry....not an artist, but like a promoter I guess...not really sure but that's not important.  I'm guessing Boondocks was on TV because I was listening to a new artist in my car and the song was over the Gangstalicious homies over ho's beat.  The lyrics, which I can no longer recall, were absolute fire and I was trying to rush to the studio to lay this track on some CEO I guess. 

Well, driving around I kept getting lost, and when a place looked familiar, it suddenly wasn't. Eventually I pulled up on a house that looked abandoned. I go in and....ok, it's like a theme park, I guess and I get on a train...not sure why I'm doing any of this, but the song is still playing even though I'm not in the car....I'm on this theme park train ride and the imagery around me is....ok, my brain says it's Nazis, but what I'm seeing is clearly monsters and ghouls and shit....and yeah, Nazis are monsters but it not goose stepping white dudes, it's legit fucking claws and gnashing teeth....more like hell of anything. 

I'm the only person on the ride at first but I decide to jump off of the train because the ride doesn't seem to end. When I jump off, I end up in .....I dunno, like a stairwell, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it because I somehow know the exit is down there. Once I basically fall to the bottom, there's a portal....I'm unsure of it but now there's a bunch of people around me, all kinda pissed that they followed me here and there's no exit, just this portal. They are saying I damned them to hell and this is just more hell.... literally they say, this is "more hell" so I say I'll go and you all stay here. I'll come back for them. I enter the portal and I'm suddenly under water...I can't swim so I'm panicking but I'm not drowning. I'm just splashing and breathing hard, but like from exhaustion, not from water logged lungs. So after that, I'm like spat out the end of the ride... I'm just kinda in a theme park and looking at the other people walking around and they look at me like "omg, wasn't that awesome" and I tell them there are people trapped down there, we jumped off the ride and got lost. No one seems concerned or even acts like they hear me, but they are definitely acknowledging me. So I say where's my car, I'm late for work and they all just kinda start speaking gibberish. 

At this point, I have to pee....so I'm running around this place looking for a place to pee but there are no bathrooms and people everywhere. I try to go behind trees or the sides of buildings but as soon as I think it's safe the structure moves or disappears and I'm just in the open again....I'm now becoming aware it's a dream, and I feel myself waking up, but I remember the awesome song in my car and I'm trying to force myself to stay asleep because the dream world NEEDS this song, and only I have it. But alas, I just wake up.

It wasn't a nightmare but it really tugged on my anxiety and now I'm gonna just play some GG 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 3

there was a haunted house, again, and a secret ancient thing under it? and i had to unlock something from an underground vaul of some kind. there was a bad guy of sone kind but i remember nothing. at some point i had powers. there was a city at one part, too. and a weird stadium thing. i can't put any of it together in a coherent way, unfortunately.

and thanks to someone on Instagram using this song it was stuck in my head as i woke up: 

2 really dumb, short ones.

I was in a food court...I walked up to a chicken place...For some reason, I feel like my son worked there, but that not important.  The kid at the register was like "Oh, you're a manager, you're always here." I said nah, I'm not but I wanna make an order. He gave me a knowing nod and sait "that'll be $2.10"....I do the Kevin Hart binks at him and he goes "go ahead, just go get what you want"

Now here's the thing....Can you blink in dreams...Because even though i know what I intended by those blinks...I don't recall if i actually "blunk"...Like, I don't think he went out of my sight for even an instant...but I felt like this is what the situation warranted.

The second one...I was gonna try to pad it out into a story, but my arm became sentient and it ate a fly...I asked it where it's stomach was and it aske me where MY stomach was and then I said I ate a fly? and it replied WE ate a fly....Incidentally, theres a fly in my room

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't going to do this but the last time a dream disturbed me this much it came true.

Also, I often make threads about my dreams so some may know that I actually think my dreams a also peeks into alternate Buddy's lives.

I'll keep this short....I was at a concert...I don't know who the group was or why I was even there but as the show was about to start, one of the band members gets into it with a cop, blows his fucking brains out and the crowd cheers.

The disturbing part was that while I don't like cops at all, I don't really wish anyone get splattered just for doing their job.

But the buddy in this dream was ecstatic...cops like Derek Chauvin, yeah... I'd laugh if someone iced him, but this dude was just telling the guy to stay on stage or some shit.

Now the last thing is....I don't know why it's bothering me so much...is my subconscious trying to tell me something...am I actually this awful that I'm amused by shit like that....am I lying to myself?

Anyway,  I figure it's not going to stop bothering me until I get it off my chest and like I said before....this place gets a lot of my dumb shit because wtf are y'all gonna do.

I'll try to have better dreams tonight....

I actually had another dream I wanted to bring up but it'll take way more typing than I care to do after this

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I wasn't going to do this but the last time a dream disturbed me this much it came true.

Also, I often make threads about my dreams so some may know that I actually think my dreams a also peeks into alternate Buddy's lives.

I'll keep this short....I was at a concert...I don't know who the group was or why I was even there but as the show was about to start, one of the band members gets into it with a cop, blows his fucking brains out and the crowd cheers.

The disturbing part was that while I don't like cops at all, I don't really wish anyone get splattered just for doing their job.

But the buddy in this dream was ecstatic...cops like Derek Chauvin, yeah... I'd laugh if someone iced him, but this dude was just telling the guy to stay on stage or some shit.

Now the last thing is....I don't know why it's bothering me so much...is my subconscious trying to tell me something...am I actually this awful that I'm amused by shit like that....am I lying to myself?

Anyway,  I figure it's not going to stop bothering me until I get it off my chest and like I said before....this place gets a lot of my dumb shit because wtf are y'all gonna do.

I'll try to have better dreams tonight....

I actually had another dream I wanted to bring up but it'll take way more typing than I care to do after this

Was the band Body Count? 9_9

42 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I knew you were going to make a sarcastic remark so I threw the smiley in at the end to denote: NOTE: THIS POST IS NOT SERIOUS. IT IS 100% A DUMB JOKE.

Though I guess I could've worded it "Is there a chance the band was Body Count," so eh.

You knew I would reply sarcastically yet you set me up to reply sarcastically and then appear upset that I did exactly that. 

I'm not following the logic but I know the payoff must be grand so enjoy...ya got me.

23 hours ago, André Toulon said:

You knew I would reply sarcastically yet you set me up to reply sarcastically and then appear upset that I did exactly that. 

I'm not following the logic but I know the payoff must be grand so enjoy...ya got me.

No, I knew you'd leave a sarcastic reply if I didn't include the smiley, so I included the smiley and expected you to make a brief comment about the quality of the joke, but you still made the sarcastic reply anyway.

The only "payoff" I was looking for was for you to either laugh or tell me it wasn't a funny joke.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

No, I knew you'd leave a sarcastic reply if I didn't include the smiley, so I included the smiley and expected you to make a brief comment about the quality of the joke, but you still made the sarcastic reply anyway.

Welp, I don't even know if body count is a real band or if you were asking if ...

Know what, it doesn't matter, none of this matters... I'ma type up that other dream when I get to the dr office

Just now, André Toulon said:

Welp, I don't even know if body count is a real band or if you were asking if ...

Know what, it doesn't matter, none of this matters... I'ma type up that other dream when I get to the dr office

Well, I guess that's on me for assuming you knew who Body Count was.... As they say about when you ass/u/me things.

See, Body Count is a side band Ice-T had in the 90s. I've heard them described as a metal band, but they sound more like a punk band to me, but I guess that's neither here nor there. Anyway, they had an extremely controversial song called Cop Killer. Got them raked over the coals by white police lovers all over the country. So when in your dream you said that band shot the cop(s) on stage during the show, that made me think of that Body Count song. And the crowd cheering for the cops getting shot being Body Count fans and fans of the Cop Killer song specifically.

Joke killed.