UnevenEdge

Random little threads you still think of that make you laugh

KaptKrunch

I believe the modern domesticated chicken has its origins in China, so . . . not that stupid of a question.

Oh, and I remember when the hapisk ytmnd was made.  He made a thread one evening (wasn't the same thread he described doing his cousin in the laundry room), sparks created the ytmnd, then the next morning the thread had nearly 400 replies. hapisk was like "what the hell is going on?"

27 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Oh, and I remember when the hapisk ytmnd was made.  He made a thread one evening (wasn't the same thread he described doing his cousin in the laundry room), sparks created the ytmnd, then the next morning the thread had nearly 400 replies. hapisk was like "what the hell is going on?"

That dude made a mistake. 

It’s hard to pick just one favorite.

Some of my favorites were dposse’s ITN threads. Not because they were good but because they eventually devolved into pages and pages of one word posts: “dposse.”

A memorable one is Pero when he was worried about his mom. He was alone at home writing long, incoherent, anxious posts about what could have happened to her and everyone was trying to calm him down and offer logical explanations. After hours of panic, Pero posted, “she home now,” and that was it—thread over.

The best moments though were in hijacked threads, or spanned multiple threads, or multiple boards even. That’s when we really got on a roll and I just couldn’t stop fucking laughing. 

• Like 5

Markoff_cheney hallucinating that he had a vision of hell one night. 

And yes, he was being serious. 

It was part spooky ghost story, but also absolutely hilarious at the same time. 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Comrad posted the usual thread without any real context, Odin floated it for the lols in IB, and then I wrote like a doctoral thesis about the philosophical depth that was the contents of the OP which caused Odin to defloat it immediately. I didn't mean to kill it but if I ever have reason to remember it, I still get the giggles. :D 

Also, the 'I Hate Code Geass Fanclub' in Code Geass. I think that was the only show board that had an official hate fanclub but it worked. 'Noodle People'. :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

IT'S MAGUS. The thread that I think was moved to the archives or something from the mod boards? All the mods just posting images/gifs, back when regular users were always limited to text.

Every VirtualSatyr thread.

The Josh thread. Because Joshes are terrible.

cowboyardee's storytime thread, mostly when I remember capt_taco's story of discovering a buddy jacking off in the bathroom while whistling the Imperial March.

Less on the funny side, but I also often think back to threads like Kikyou: Good, Bad, or just Misunderstood? Back when anime discussion genuinely dissected and discussed things, before discussion threads turned into play-by-plays. Or GELLHA. Good, Evil, Life, Love, Hate, Anime. The anime discussion thread for babblers too good to take it to OA (and also kinda a general no-topic chat thread thinly disguised with a broad subject).

11 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Every VirtualSatyr thread.

cowboyardee's storytime thread, mostly when I remember capt_taco's story of discovering a buddy jacking off in the bathroom while whistling the Imperial March.

Or GELLHA. Good, Evil, Life, Love, Hate, Anime. The anime discussion thread for babblers too good to take it to OA (and also kinda a general no-topic chat thread thinly disguised with a broad subject).

Oh wow, I totally forgot about these!  I think I used to post in Storytime and GELLHA too 😅

Satyr and Capt_Taco were hilarious 

28 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Oh wow, I totally forgot about these!  I think I used to post in Storytime and GELLHA too 😅

Satyr and Capt_Taco were hilarious 

So, by the looks, Satyr is still active on twitter...

17 hours ago, rpgamer said:

So, by the looks, Satyr is still active on twitter...

Hmm maybe he’ll come back here. :LithiumSmiley:

On another note:  I just realized we had two “captains” and they’re both kind of food related lol.

I cannot remember what alt I used to do this, but I started a thread for April Fools. It was entitled “Remember, Remember, the Curse of the First” I wish I saved screenshots of the poems I made that mirrored the poem in V for Vendetta. 

The mods thought it was going to turn into a 4chan cyber attack. 

They banned me for a bit for that, hahaha

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...