UnevenEdge

The Dominionation of Fox News

1pooh4u

The Tucker thing is crazy. The reports are that he wasnt fired because of Dominion, but because of other reasons. The two reasons that seem to be the most supported are that he had credible sexual abuse cases against him and that he had planned on using the entirety of his show to debunk the 60 minutes Ray Epps episode from the night before. When the producer said no, he said that they would have to fire him to prevent it.

It doesnt really matter either way. What matters is what happens next. Tucker isnt going to go away. Rumors this morning are that either he plans to run for President (lol) or that CNN has already reached out to him about possibly returning to the network. CNN, and anyone frankly, would be dumb not to reach out to him about potentially going to their network. He has a massive following, and they are going to follow him to whatever network he lands at.

Edited by Master-Debater131

17 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

A rich guy who wants to control the news. Bezos bought the Wash Post. Elon bought Twitter (a platform that hosts news). There are plenty of billionaires with money to burn.

FoxNews isn't a news outlet, it's an opinion outlet.  Nobody, with the exception of possibly boy wonder Elon, would simply buy an outlet just for its media share because they would be expected to know what their newly purchased audience wants before they purchase it.

As despicable and useless as Tucker Carlson is, he knows his audience and that makes him an invaluable starter piece for new owner.  At the very least, he or she can buy FoxNews and cut Carlson loose shortly thereafter when there's a plan in place to retain his rabid following.  It's a lot like a new sports team owner:  when he or she buys a franchise (usually one that's in the tank), the expectation is that, at the very least, the star player comes with the franchise and the new owner builds pieces around that player before cutting him or her loose when it comes time to sign a max contract extension.  You always keep your star attraction when buying a new business so you don't alienate that business' core customers; conversely, that means if you want to sell, you keep around the star attraction no matter how problematic so you get top dollar.

• D'oh 1

6 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The Tucker thing is crazy. The reports are that he wasnt fired because of Dominion, but because of other reasons. The two reasons that seem to be the most supported are that he had credible sexual abuse cases against him and that he had planned on using the entirety of his show to debunk the 60 minutes Ray Epps episode from the night before. When the producer said no, he said that they would have to fire him to prevent it.

It doesnt really matter either way. What matters is what happens next. Tucker isnt going to go away. Rumors this morning are that either he plans to run for President (lol) or that CNN has already reached out to him about possibly returning to the network. CNN, and anyone frankly, would be dumb not to reach out to him about potentially going to their network. He has a massive following, and they are going to follow him to whatever network he lands at.

I heard Putin offered him a job already.

Think he'll take it?

10 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

CNN is owned by a right winger so it could happen legit.

It’s owned by a conservative now, but there wasn’t all that much changes in how they were reporting but then again I never was big into CNN, so that’s basically my butt talking. 
I always felt they were on the verge of becoming liberal fox with their not so great standard of reporting.  With that said I still wanna see it. The mental gymnastics they will use to justify cnn’s newfound greatness will be extraordinary and let’s not forget, extremely funny. 

after I can complain about all the new recruits the right wing got from putting Tucker Carlson on CNN 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah he started as a liberal scheming opportunist but just like most white people with $ something annoyed him he found a better opportunity to connive his way into more $ so he went down the dark road 

Fixed that for you because he was never a liberal except when it suited his purpose.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

Just now, matrixman124 said:

CNN changed hands after he left for Fox fyi

I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment.  It doesn't matter if they changed hands - they're not going to rehire a former employee that left on his own unless he's a good fit, and regardless of the political leanings of Warner Discovery, he isn't a good content fit for that brand.  You have no other hosts that remotely share his extreme views.  You likely don't have any shared contributors that would even agree to be on his show, and you certainly won't get any lawmakers or government officials from either side of the aisle to appear on his show.  Most importantly, he's toxic to advertisers.

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment.  It doesn't matter if they changed hands - they're not going to rehire a former employee that left on his own unless he's a good fit, and regardless of the political leanings of Warner Discovery, he isn't a good content fit for that brand.  You have no other hosts that remotely share his extreme views.  You likely don't have any shared contributors that would even agree to be on his show, and you certainly won't get any lawmakers or government officials from either side of the aisle to appear on his show.  Most importantly, he's toxic to advertisers.

Yeah but he gets eyeballs. It's tempting. I'm not sure where he'll end up. But I wouldn't rule out CNN.

Just now, matrixman124 said:

Yeah but he gets eyeballs. It's tempting. I'm not sure where he'll end up. But I wouldn't rule out CNN.

Getting eyeballs isn't a good thing in this case.  You could even go so far as to argue the only reason FoxNews didn't kick him to the curb earlier was because of the collateral damage to the brand.  That bears out if you follow closely the emails that showed up in the Dominion discovery phase - any mention of ratings or viewer engagement are almost exclusively in context of the backlash resulting from FoxNews defying the expectations of its viewers.  Its a not-so-subtle reference to a toxic audience, and one Fox News was saddled with rather than one they embraced.

• D'oh 1

Nah, I'm with scoob on this. CNN won't take him cuz his base is already trained to think CNN = bad. We know they can all semi-function under moderate cognitive dissonance, but that'd probably fry the few shared brain cells they have left trying to rationalize it.

Moreover, he'll probably believe he can retain his entire audience if he just starts his own thing, versus knowing he'd lose a chunk of his most hardcore "anti-lib" viewers that will brand him a traitor.

Nah nah nah. This has "I'll start my own talk show, with blackjack and hookers!" written all over it. He's just a step away from "not having gone too far enough."

He's gonna go for a platform that lets him really crank up the crackpot. If you thought green M&Ms weren't sexy enough, just wait til he really gets going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

They absolutely would.   That’s like saying a liquor store isn’t going to turn a hundred person flash mob away.

I disagree.  at the end of the day all that matters is viewers and all those advertisers that say they won’t advertise because of Tucker will eventually reverse course because 2 million people are 4 million eyeballs all seeing Tom Brady telling them to invest in Crypto or eat a Big Mac or fly with Delta and people will. $ is King. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I disagree.  at the end of the day all that matters is viewers and all those advertisers that say they won’t advertise because of Tucker will eventually reverse course because 2 million people are 4 million eyeballs all seeing Tom Brady telling them to invest in Crypto or eat a Big Mac or fly with Delta and people will. $ is King. 

Most marketers wouldn’t agree with that, but I will concede there is always a market for an audience no matter how despicable they are.  So, yes, someone would pay CNN to put their company logo next to his punchable mug.  We’ll have to agree to disagree that CNN would want the collateral damage that comes with it or, even could deal with it if they did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NEW YORK (AP) — A longtime producer for Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News after he was deemed responsible for the on-air headline that referred to President Joe Biden as a “wannabe dictator” because of the indictment of former President Donald Trump.

The producer, Alex McCaskill, confirmed his exit in an Instagram post. Fox News did not comment on Friday.

He had remained at Fox after Carlson, the network’s most popular personality, was fired on April 24. The reason for Carlson’s sudden ouster, less than a week after Fox agreed to pay Dominion Voting Systems $787 million to end a defamation case, has never been publicly explained.

It was during the last minutes of Carlson’s former time slot on Tuesday when the message appeared under separate onscreen boxes that showed Biden and Trump talking. It read: “Wannabe dictator speaks at the White House after having his political rival arrested.”

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dictator-headline-biden-producer-resigns-e1144344fc8e603b10c1667db2ce27e8

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...