UnevenEdge

The Dominionation of Fox News

1pooh4u

4 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

He's already got his own billion dollar defamation suit.

That’s what I’m saying he’s just digging a deeper hole for himself, or does the bat shit banannery that he does now have no impact on the case. He’s still doing the thing he’s getting sued for 😆

• Like 2

Wow I thought him and Square Head Hannity were the most watched on Fox. I guess Carlson doesn’t have enough viewers in the world to be worth the over 3/4 bn he helped the company lose. I wonder if anyone in the world could have enough viewers to cover that loss 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Jman said:

The first tangible budget cut.

Ideally he'd end up blowing all his wealth on booze and bitching about how unlivable his welfare checks are, but he'll undoubtedly be busy crying to audiences of several million people on Newsmax about how his free speech was censored instead.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Carlson had just inked a new contract with Fox News two years ago, a deal that included a dramatic expansion of Tucker Carlson original programming for the Fox Nation streaming service. Carlson was slated to interview Republican presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy on Monday night. The channel had been promoting the interview earlier in the morning.

Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner announced Carlson’s departure on her program Monday, saying she had some “news from within our Fox News family,” before reading the channel’s statement on Carlson’s departure.

It is not immediately clear what spurred on the decision. Personal texts and emails from Carlson were made public as part of the defamation suit brought by Dominion Voting Systems. Those communications included comments that he “passionately” hated Donald Trump, and comments criticizing Fox’s news-wide journalists.

Trump sat for an interview with Carlson earlier this month, his first since being indicted in a New York court.

But Carlson was also cited in a lawsuit from a former Fox producer, Abby Grossberg, who said the work environment was “sexist.” Grossberg worked as a senior producer on Carlson’s show.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tucker-carlson-out-fox-news-shock-decision-1235400117/

I’m sure he’ll be back. People are saying he’s gonna land on OANN or Newsmax, but do those networks have enough $ to pay Carlson. I’m sure he’s disgustingly overpaid and I can’t see him being happy to go there. HOWEVER they might be willing to throw all the $ at him cuz he will def get viewers for either network.  His departure from Fox, while being funny af, probably won’t hurt him much.  Maybe he’ll start his own thing where he can really get crazy. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m sure he’ll be back. People are saying he’s gonna land on OANN or Newsmax, but do those networks have enough $ to pay Carlson. I’m sure he’s disgustingly overpaid and I can’t see him being happy to go there. HOWEVER they might be willing to throw all the $ at him cuz he will def get viewers for either network.  His departure from Fox, while being funny af, probably won’t hurt him much.  Maybe he’ll start his own thing where he can really get crazy. 

People like this thrive by creating an echo chamber and then telling anyone who will listen to not go beyond it.  Starting his own service is not impossible, given how it worked for Alex Jones and friends.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Dude isn't hurting for money. He can do his own thing to see if that pays enough before he starts slumming it on OAN or Newsmax. Frankly, I find that a better alternative than bringing any more eyes to either of those networks, unless he really goes off the deep end.

I'm sure he isn't,  just wish the end result of this would change that.

Not a hopeful nor realistic wish, but nonetheless I do want Carlson to suffer.

7 minutes ago, Neubauten said:

He's almost 60, all used up and way past his prime for TV. Sorry Donny baby you're past your prime, you're too old and gross now, you're done sweetie. 

This is harsh, but true.  Every story about him lately was about him disrespecting women (mostly) and being a spoiled brat. 

I wonder if Fox can throw Tucker under the bus and sue him to get back a tiny fraction of what they’ll be paying to Dominion.  Can anyone of them higher ups say “we didn’t know he was peddling bullshit” or is firing him just as good?  Idk his contract  maybe fox saves $ in not paying him?🤷‍♀️

I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the Carlson story cuz it can’t just be because of Dominion. There’s already a cancel fox type hashtag trending. It seems in the long term removing Carlson is gonna really hurt Fox ratings. Something else is up. Money is god to these people. No way he was tossed simply because he said one thing while knowing and thinking another thing. 

I posted this gif elsewhere but it could possibly be the perfect illustration of what firing Tucker will lead to

life egg GIF

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I'm sure he isn't,  just wish the end result of this would change that.

Not a hopeful nor realistic wish, but nonetheless I do want Carlson to suffer.

His wife is heiress to Swanson frozen foods, and I imagine he got a nice severance unless he was fired for cause.

The only way he'd suffer is if he lost his audience, and I believe they're far more likely to turn on FOX than him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

Tucker was their highest viewed personality and the network was always afraid of crossing him. There's a lot more to this story and I *can't wait* the learn more.

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I think it was something of a foregone conclusion that he would be gone once the Dominion lawsuit was reaching its crescendo.  It's not like the guy is bringing in ad revenue (at least not directly); that's an ill portend for someone who is as polarizing and blatantly biased as he is.  Once the lawsuit brought his profile to the fore, Murdoch had all the cover he needed to jettison Carlson by blaming it all on the a trumped up charge and the lawsuit.  FoxNews doesn't need to boost guys like him when they can find a new fresh face at anytime to peddle their propaganda:  it's what they've always done.

More importantly, cutting him loose means he's on his own for the Smartmatic lawsuit.  The Murdoch's are not known for their loyalty. 

Edited by scoobdog
  • D'oh 1

25 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Is Carlson a named defendant in the smartmatic suit?

I don't know, but it probably wouldn't matter.  Even if he isn't, FoxNews might have enough "evidence" to suggest that he was a rogue employee that was working as an operative of Trump's campaign rather than as their employee.

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, PenguinBoss said:

His wife is heiress to Swanson frozen foods, and I imagine he got a nice severance unless he was fired for cause.

The only way he'd suffer is if he lost his audience, and I believe they're far more likely to turn on FOX than him.

I hope his wife divorces him and takes all his money with her.

None of this will happen. I'm just being spiteful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t think it’s right that a POTUS named “Tucker” is going to be responsible for so much anti transgender legislation cuz his entire platform would definitely be all the right wing triggers and buzzwords 

The platform would be this + some weird right-wing coded "populism" like 'UBI For Stay At Home Wives and Mothers' or idek what

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I wonder if Fox can throw Tucker under the bus and sue him to get back a tiny fraction of what they’ll be paying to Dominion.  Can anyone of them higher ups say “we didn’t know he was peddling bullshit” or is firing him just as good?  Idk his contract  maybe fox saves $ in not paying him?🤷‍♀️

I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the Carlson story cuz it can’t just be because of Dominion. There’s already a cancel fox type hashtag trending. It seems in the long term removing Carlson is gonna really hurt Fox ratings. Something else is up. Money is god to these people. No way he was tossed simply because he said one thing while knowing and thinking another thing. 

I posted this gif elsewhere but it could possibly be the perfect illustration of what firing Tucker will lead to

life egg GIF

I don't think they can toss him solely under the bus to save their own butts because they all knew he was peddling BS but it brought in the ratings so they let him ramp that BS up. Tossing him like that just means they are also 100% guilty of the same thing. There might be things in his contract that they could use to get money back from him but since he's such a slimy weasel himself, there's probably clauses in there that allow him to walk away with what he has especially if his last contract was only a couple of years ago - which would have been when he was hip-deep in his BS and splashing away happily.

The cancel Fox thing has to do both with them being little more than tabloid news with no redeeming qualities at this point and the rumors that they are going to jack up their carriage prices with cable/whatever carriers to get money back by charging more for their bull. I don't watch their crap so I'm trying to get my carrier to either completely punt them or punt them to a different tier and make those that can't live without it pay extra for it. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Tucker Carlson our first perpetually confused POTUS 

I don't think Tucker is confused about much.

He's a terrible person, but not necessarily a dumb one.

Not to mention we've had Trump and Biden, so not really the first perpetually confused one.

Edited by naraku360

13 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

No that seriously could be the case. If something legally could be pinned on Tucker, it would be a good idea to cut him loose before his presence soured the sale.

Nah, a buyer most likely would want him as part of the package.  I really think they think they can replace him.

• Like 1