UnevenEdge

St. Patrick's Day Snog Thread - Kiss Somebody, They're Irish

romana

Yes, the wanderer has returned in time for a classic snog thread.  In honor of St. Patrick's Day, send a kiss, a hug or a friendly handshake to a special board member or to one and all.  

If you need refreshments, Momma brought chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to share.  If you're really nice, she may let you have a Guinness, as well.  

Sending a sweet snog to my old pal, @tsar4.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

They're playing Irish music at the grocery store I work at today. Pretty cool, even if it's mostly fiddle-based songs that tend to blend together. Oh, and U2, of course. So I suppose I'll send a kiss to @PokeNirvash, the reasons for which should be obvious. May your cup of content ratings be filled, as will mine.

[congratulations, you coaxed me out of my anime-and-toonami-general hole. also, hbd toonami!]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A snog thread is an ancient Babbling tradition from the days of yore, in case there are young ones here.  

I'm trying to revive myself as a board member, and this seemed like a good way to start.  Of course, when I showed up here, I was a wild woman.  Now I'm just an old married Momma, but still keeping track of a flock of board members over on Facebook ([as]stock group).  

The boards have meant a lot to me over the years....

Hey, tsar4, any chance of reviving the old speakeasy?   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, romana said:

A snog thread is an ancient Babbling tradition from the days of yore, in case there are young ones here.  

I'm trying to revive myself as a board member, and this seemed like a good way to start.  Of course, when I showed up here, I was a wild woman.  Now I'm just an old married Momma, but still keeping track of a flock of board members over on Facebook ([as]stock group).  

The boards have meant a lot to me over the years....

Hey, tsar4, any chance of reviving the old speakeasy?   

Thanks Momma, I am just an old man now. People like you make the world go round. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, romana said:

Now I'm just an old married Momma, but still keeping track of a flock of board members over on Facebook ([as]stock group).

We've cleared out some space so you can pen them all in here. 

(I am assuming people pen their flocks, idk how sheep work)

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, Raptorpat said:

Refresh my recollection, what was the old speakeasy thread?

Circa 2004-2005, maybe.  Only lasted a few weeks before Karen shut it down.  Pretty innocuous.  Essentially pretending a particular thread was a local dive bar.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Circa 2004-2005, maybe.  Only lasted a few weeks before Karen shut it down.  Pretty innocuous.  Essentially pretending a particular thread was a local dive bar.

Meh, I guess I wish you felt like being bothered...I feel like shit like that could pump some life into the main boards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I agree with Buddy.  Not only could you this a thread, you could even put it in clubs.  This is a perfect way to incorporate some of the more seasoned ASMB vets.

• Like 2

I think it could be a good idea to have like a dedicated hangout thread or club with the retro theme, depends on what the content would be. Obviously no one is actually RPing, but like to have a thread where you metaphorically pull up to the metaphorical bar to talk about _______ could be cool.

Probably makes sense to do a thread in GD and if it blew up into something large and/or unmanageable then it'd expand into a club space and divied into multiple threads. But a single thread to start is probably a cool idea, @romana said so so it's gotta be true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...