UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

44 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

It's amazing that the best use they have for this VP nominee is to post essays on twitter.

One that starts about his boss being nearly assassinated and ends blaming it on censorship.

I didn't read anything between. It's funnier not knowing how it got there.

• Haha 3

The Trump word salads continue unabated - 

Granted every Dem email I’ve gotten has been hammering home 2016 like a chronic disease that won’t go away (the polls are a lie, fuck the Electoral College) but Trump is not helping his case that he isn’t sundowning.

Speaking of, the deaths of women in Georgia thanks to draconian abortion laws has Kamala laying the blame right at Trump’s feet, and vowing to do something about it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harris-abortion-related-deaths-roe-consequences-donald-trumps-actions_n_66e993dbe4b0beccbbaecc31

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jman said:

The Trump word salads continue unabated - 

Granted every Dem email I’ve gotten has been hammering home 2016 like a chronic disease that won’t go away (the polls are a lie, fuck the Electoral College) but Trump is not helping his case that he isn’t sundowning.

Speaking of, the deaths of women in Georgia thanks to draconian abortion laws has Kamala laying the blame right at Trump’s feet, and vowing to do something about it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harris-abortion-related-deaths-roe-consequences-donald-trumps-actions_n_66e993dbe4b0beccbbaecc31

He's still mad about being told the rallies are boring and people leave early.

His expression when she said it was hilarious, too.

• Like 2

so....using naraku's formula:

question: how are you going to bring down the cost of food and groceries?

trump: 'so we have to start always with energy. always. i don't want to be boring about it, but there's no bigger subject.

but i told the farmers it's gonna be very good negotiationrs, you're gonna suffer for six months and the they're gonna fold. and that's exactly what happened...so interest rates, energy and common sense.'

lol. 

it's like mad libs, but with entire paragraphs. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Insipid said:

Every time I hear Melania speak with her annoying Slavic accent, I so badly want to hear her so "my name is Ivana, Ivana Eatpussy."

Her husband is a pussy, so she did every time she gave him head.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

*COMES RUNNING IN, SLAMMING DOOR OPEN!!**

you guys. yOU GUYS!! lol

“Trump thought you were a girl! He didn’t even take the time to look you up, and you’re here kissing his toes,” reads a comment by @nataliaalcazar91, with nearly 8,000 likes. Others speculated in comments that the former president confused Jam with the rapper Nicki Minaj, punctuated by laughing emojis.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

he's not.

thanks for thinking of me but i am done discussing politics on here. 

way too emotional and one sided for my liking. 

Okay let's do a quick sanity check - you criticized Kamala Harris's public speaking skills which is wild when you consider her background, it's literally her job. That doesn't mean you can't criticize her but it means you've thrown Trump under the bus in the process, because he's worse than she is. Have you ever heard the saying, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

So I had to ask why you'd call her out in particular, and when I pointed out that Trump is far worse, you refused to acknowledge that objective fact. You even tried to control the conversation to prevent me from criticizing him, saying that you were talking about Harris so I guess I wasn't "allowed" to point out how applicable your own words are to Trump. You even asked me why Trump would be the topic of conversation and I had to remind you he's the other candidate running... There's a reason you try to bury his many faults, failures, and crimes, and apparently, in light of my being reminded that you're part of the GP, it's because you're more focused on an attempted power grab than the people who need to be protected before we even consider bigger changes.

You don't get to say we are one-sided when you behave that way. First of all - we are progressives, we aren't pro-felon, we don't hate the working class, we aren't racists, we don't hate women, and our views are pretty clearly defined by those morals. That does not make us "one-sided". You haven't been banned from speaking, your posts aren't being stealth edited by an out of control mod.

And yeah, things are pretty emotional right now because this is kind of serious. You don't see Trump as the risk he is and we can't help you with that if you are determined not to see it.

Edited by Blackrose321
Edited for party correction
  • Thanks 3

‘Despicable’: Ohio sheriff criticized for telling followers to write down addresses of Harris supporters

“When people ask me…What’s gonna happen if the Flip – Flopping, Laughing Hyena Wins?? I say…write down all the addresses of the people who had her signs in their yards! Sooo…when the Illegal human ‘Locust’ (which she supports!) Need places to live…We’ll already have the addresses of the their New families…who supported their arrival!” Zuchowski wrote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Okay let's do a quick sanity check - you criticized Kamala Harris's public speaking skills which is wild when you consider her background, it's literally her job. That doesn't mean you can't criticize her but it means you've thrown Trump under the bus in the process, because he's worse than she is. Have you ever heard the saying, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

So I had to ask why you'd call her out in particular, and when I pointed out that Trump is far worse, you refused to acknowledge that objective fact. You even tried to control the conversation to prevent me from criticizing him, saying that you were talking about Harris so I guess I wasn't "allowed" to point out how applicable your own words are to your own candidate (you can say he's not your candidate but he obviously is, you can hide behind being a libertarian or whatever but we know you aren't voting Harris). You even asked me why Trump would be the topic of conversation and I had to remind you he's the other candidate running...why is Trump never the topic of conversation with you guys? There's a reason you try to bury his many faults, failures, and crimes.

Of course, trying to control the conversation like that works great for you because we can't speak the truth, and then you don't have to face it. But this isn't the conservative sub on reddit, we can post whatever we want. And the truth is that she is a superior speaker. You can criticize her but for you to refuse to criticize him speaks volumes.

You don't get to say we are one-sided when you behave that way. First of all - we are progressives, we aren't pro-felon, we don't hate the working class, we aren't racists, we don't hate women, and our views are pretty clearly defined by those morals. That does not make us "one-sided". In fact, I would ask you why your morals are so vaguely defined. You haven't been banned from speaking, your posts aren't being stealth edited by an out of control mod. You are being tasked with explaining your choices and you decided not to.

And yeah, things are pretty emotional right now because this is kind of serious. You don't see Trump as the risk he is and we can't help you with that if you are determined not to see it. But let's not forget which party is known for spending thousands of dollars on garbage flags, cardboard cutouts, and cups of fake jizz. Let's not forget who is carrying around guns and shooting people.

Based Riku talks about the Green Party.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Based Riku talks about the Green Party.

Ooohhh, I think I remember them mentioning that now.

It's still sus to me though. If your goal is to push a progressive agenda, how does refusing to criticize a far right candidate help? What do we achieve by only nitpicking Harris? If they successfully beat Harris down, how does the Green Party benefit?

Years ago, I was tasked with creating a series of library events that we'd bring to the community with help from 3 local partners. If funded, we'd have gotten quite a lot of money so it was a big job to flesh out.

I went into the first meeting thinking we'd all be on the same wavelength, we all knew how to create and manage events.

I left that meeting having learned something - planning, which to me is so basic it's like breathing, is apparently a skill some people never learn... We ended up not going for the grant because 2 of the 3 partners were obviously not up to the task and there was no way that only 2 of us could do it alone.

I know we all have different skills in life but I still struggle to understand why some people can't follow things from A to B to C to D... If you beat Harris down, you get Trump. You still have Dems around, they're still a major party, but now everything will have shifted further right and probably to such an extent that it'll take decades to fix.

I get that it sucks to not feel excited by a candidate and to vote out of fear but we gotta be adults here. We're talking about life and death. So imo it's kind of like the Green Party is saying some lives are expendable as long as they get the nom. And I'm not sure how progressive that is...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

So imo it's kind of like the Green Party is saying some lives are expendable as long as they get the nom. And I'm not sure how progressive that is...

Or some lives are expendable if it means I can keep my moral righteousness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Or some lives are expendable if it means I can keep my moral righteousness.

Yeah and I don't trust that a party with that kind of attitude will be any better than what we've already got. Power corrupts and the seeds of corruption have already been planted if their only concern right now is taking down the Dems while Trump is inciting violence.

This has actually been an interesting conversation. I'm now incredibly suspicious of the Green Party's motivation. 😅 Even if some number of them intend to do good, it seems the main goal is to supplant the Dems - it's a power grab and they don't mind spilling blood to do it, which means corruption is totally possible and even likely.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

It's still sus to me though. If your goal is to push a progressive agenda, how does refusing to criticize a far right candidate help? What do we achieve by only nitpicking Harris? If they successfully beat Harris down, how does the Green Party benefit?

The Green Party is essentially Libertarian with a leftist bent.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

he's not.

thanks for thinking of me but i am done discussing politics on here. 

way too emotional and one sided for my liking. 

Well it's one sided because there are 2 viable sides and one of them is Trump.

We all would welcome a third side but they can't even seem to put their shoes on without putting a foot in their mouth. 

I get it's the only alternative to the old recipe but when you're making soup and have to decide between beef or chicken stock and a guy comes in and says "nah, use baby oil" most are gonna say nope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The Green Party is essentially Libertarian with a leftist bent.

It's a bit more complicated than that. Libertarianism is actually very all over the political spectrum. The more known libertarians are the small government, big deregulation, free market types. But libertarianism originated with leftists who wanted basically zero large government and self government via communes. Essentially communism without having the state apparatus.

The Green Party is a very cynical org that uses progressive platitudes and anti-establishment jargon to scam leftists out of money. Colluding with right wingers who are also pretending to be outsiders just helps them to branch out to more people who think they are Fighting The Power (tm)

• Like 1