UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

11 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Someone asked an interesting question on Reddit - Does MAGA die if Trump loses?

Personally, I don't see anyone picking up the mantle (thankfully) for the brainless.

No, but it will if he becomes incapacitated.  It’s a cult of personality, which means it’s unique to the person that leads it.

• Like 3

TALLAHASSEE, Florida — Donald Trump said he supports loosening federal marijuana restrictions and will vote for a Florida ballot initiative seeking to legalize the drug for adult use just hours after Gov. Ron DeSantis warned hundreds of church goers that the measure would create an invincible drug cartel in their shared home state.

Trump already signaled his support for the legalization measure, which will appear on the November ballot as Amendment 3, during a Truth Social message posted in late August. The former president and GOP presidential nominee more explicitly endorsed it with another message posted late Sunday. Trump stopped short of supporting federal decriminalization, but indicated support for reclassifying marijuana under federal law, along with passing banking reform for state-regulated cannabis companies and supporting states’ rights to pass legalization laws.

“As a Floridian, I will be voting YES on Amendment 3 this November,” Trump wrote in the Sunday Truth post. “As President, we will continue to focus on research to unlock medical uses of marijuana to a schedule 3 drug, and work with Congress to pass common sense laws.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/09/donald-trump-marijuana-legalization-ron-desantis-00177958

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

Fact check - he ran to do early voting in Florida for the primaries in the off chance that he wouldn't be eligible to vote as a convicted felon later. Odds are he's going to early vote/mail-in ballot ASAP on the main election too and completely forget what he claimed he was going to vote for other than himself. 

• Like 2

The debate is tonight and at this point, I’m pretty sure so long as Trump doesn’t void his bowels on stage (and even if he does) he’ll be declared the winner and have that smug shit face of his on the papers tomorrow.  

Nothing may oppose the horse race narratives.  Not when Politico’s head is saying shit like this.

• Sad 1

Harris didnt have any policy issues on her webpage until last night. Then it finally had stuff, and it turns out that they were directly ripped from Bidens election page.

This is even funnier when you consider Harris has been trying to say she is a change candidate and isnt just going to copy Bidens failures.

• D'oh 2

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Its funny how enraged these memes are making people. Not whats actually happening, but the memes and reporting about it.

I would say theres a 50/50 chance that Trump mentions it tonight.

Funny how you skipped the context behind the so-called 'meltdown' over memes. 

Pets have been going missing in Ohio. Instead of checking with the local gun-lovin' edgelords who brag about shooting cats almost as much as they brag about their pubes and going from there, some GOP taint-sniffs started up the rumors that illegal aliens were eating them. And the 'official' response from the official House Judiciary GOP account was to post poorly made memes of their Orange Lard & Savor molesting a duck and a kitten. Someone who potentially hasn't had an actual bath since his mom scrubbed his crack for him standing in a pond caring for something other than himself. Yeah. 

Just because you don't feel like looking any deeper into the why of something because it just might deflate whatever you were going for doesn't mean someone here won't and post it. 

• Thanks 5

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

Funny how you skipped the context behind the so-called 'meltdown' over memes. 

Pets have been going missing in Ohio. Instead of checking with the local gun-lovin' edgelords who brag about shooting cats almost as much as they brag about their pubes and going from there, some GOP taint-sniffs started up the rumors that illegal aliens were eating them. And the 'official' response from the official House Judiciary GOP account was to post poorly made memes of their Orange Lard & Savor molesting a duck and a kitten. Someone who potentially hasn't had an actual bath since his mom scrubbed his crack for him standing in a pond caring for something other than himself. Yeah. 

Just because you don't feel like looking any deeper into the why of something because it just might deflate whatever you were going for doesn't mean someone here won't and post it. 

So, are you saying MD is clearly ok with monsters who shoot kittens for sport?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

So, are you saying MD is clearly ok with monsters who shoot kittens for sport?

I'd be more willing to say that she apparently is fine with supporting monsters who support monsters who shoot kittens for sport in that she either didn't feel like looking into the exact 'why' an idiot meme was the focus of debate or didn't want to acknowledge there was a legitimate reason for the 'meltdown'. 

• Thanks 2

law enforcement for trump.

fucking mental defecient turnips. the fucking lot of you. 

i'm waiting for any one of you fucking clowns to actually speak about policies. preferably the numbnuts running. but here the fuck we are. 

the question about 'why are you voting for harris'  

well. not my first pick. i'll tell you what. 

voting for a braggart, mysogynist that skips out on his debt, and lies about his income, that will steal from the poor, and laugh as they live in the squalor he created; the mentality of a 12 year old and the intellect of someone that has had grades altered for the sake of the 'family'; generational grifters. no...i don't think that would be my first nor last choice. 

and the folks that clearly have not even tried to grasp the concept of 'project 2025'. 

the extent you drumptards go to try to convince everyone around you, that the coward, trump, is what this country needs, it's baffling. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Belize said:

I may try to watch the debate because of my interest in Harris. I'll likely mute Trump in the same way I have mentally being do so since 2015. I feel sorry for people who actually try to listen to him. 

You better watch the whole fucking thing or else I'm giving my PA swing vote to Trump.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

You better watch the whole fucking thing or else I'm giving my PA swing vote to Trump.

I’m pretty sure that’s a form of torture.  Please let me watch my baseball and MMA.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kamala is doing pretty good but I think she should tear apart his lies more. Especially the lie about Roe V Wade

Well, if it’s not a repeat of Joe that’s a plus.  But I guess her strategy is to not get distracted.

• Like 2

Just now, Jman said:

Well, if it’s not a repeat of Joe that’s a plus.  But I guess her strategy is to not get distracted.

That's probably for the best, I think people like him thrive on sowing discord. A direct challenge like that would merely be an invitation for him to escalate, not explain or rebut in good faith.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jman said:

I guess but it’s not a distraction to say “no one wanted roe v wade overturned” and that states aren’t all deciding by ballot and that in fact some states legislatures actually said “fuck the people” when they voted to protect abortion 

• Like 2