UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2024/09/04/us-steel-nippon-usw-biden-harris-rally-downtown/stories/202409040097

There was a rally today, and Biden said he'll block the transfer.

This seriously may become one of the key issues that decides the outcome of the election in the Rust Belt. And even if Trump ends up supporting the deal, I won't vote for him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Insipid said:

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2024/09/04/us-steel-nippon-usw-biden-harris-rally-downtown/stories/202409040097

There was a rally today, and Biden said he'll block the transfer.

This seriously may become one of the key issues that decides the outcome of the election in the Rust Belt. And even if Trump ends up supporting the deal, I won't vote for him.

It's a game to see if Trump has all of his marbles.

• Like 1

U.S. says Russia funded media company that paid right-wing influencers millions for videos

Washington — Two Russian nationals working for a news network controlled by Vladimir Putin's government funneled millions of dollars to an American media company that paid right-wing influencers for videos pushing narratives favorable to the Kremlin, U.S. prosecutors alleged on Wednesday.

The two defendants worked for RT, a media outlet formerly known as Russia Today that is funded and controlled by the Russian government, the indictment said.

Federal prosecutors said RT oversaw a series of "covert projects" that included funneling $10 million through a series of shell entities to a Tennessee-based company launched in 2023 that publishes videos on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and X, formerly known as Twitter.

Though the company is not named in the indictment, prosecutors said that it describes itself as a "network of heterodox commentators that focus on Western political and cultural issues" and features six commentators as its "talent." Tenet Media describes itself using the same phrase on its website, and other details in the indictment align with the firm. Its website lists six right-wing personalities, including Dave Rubin, who has more than 2.4 million YouTube subscribers; Tim Pool, a podcast host with more than 1.3 million YouTube followers; and Benny Johnson, whose YouTube channel has nearly 2.4 million subscribers. 

• Like 2

It's worth noting that Harris has definitely been keeping her base from becoming too complacent with good old-fashioned terror.  "Remember 2016, this is about battleground states, Trump is favored to win the Electoral College because it's biased in favor of small states and the GOP, etc, etc."  No one will be allowed to relax until Harris is certified.  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

Neo-Nazi Ex-Trump Dinner Guest Bitterly Rages At Trump For Admitting He Lost — Rants ‘You Deserve To Be Charged!’

It’s just it’s just really sad.

And the, the, 2020 comment, it’s like, wow! That’s how pathetic it’s gotten. He’s admitting, he says, “oh, I lost by a whisker.”.

So what was the point? Like, what’s the point of any of it? You lost in 2020? Seriously? What are we even doing anymore?

Then you’re a loser! Then you’re. You’re a loser. You just lost. Then you lost to Joe Biden. You deserve to be charged! If you. If he admits that he lost, then that actually vindicates the DoD or I’m sorry, the DOJ charge against him because the charge is that he knew he lost, but he lied to defraud the people! That’s the that’s the DOJ charge.

So why did we do stop the steal? Why did anyone go to January 6th? Why is anyone sitting in jail? Why did anything bad happen to anybody? Why did everyone get censored? Why is everything bad that has happened to the people that are involved? Why did that need to happen? If you’re just going to walk it all back and say, “oh, I lost.”

Well, that would have been good to know that before 1600 people got charged! It would have been good to know that before I had all my money frozen, put out a no fly list, banned from everything, lost all banking and payment processing!

Would have been good to know that. Before I, you know, in 2017, dedicated my life to this as an 18 year old in college. Just feels like a big rip off!

And don’t get me wrong, I’m an adult. I’m not. It’s not whining. I’m not complaining about it. I’m saying you can’t say those things for that reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jman said:

It's worth noting that Harris has definitely been keeping her base from becoming too complacent with good old-fashioned terror.  "Remember 2016, this is about battleground states, Trump is favored to win the Electoral College because it's biased in favor of small states and the GOP, etc, etc."  No one will be allowed to relax until Harris is certified.  

I've noticed this too. The Harris campaign has repeatedly called themselves "the underdog" and hinted that their internal polling isn't as good as public polling. 

I think this is pretty obvious strategy on their part, but if it works, I'm good with it. 

• Like 1

Lichtman was waiting till now is see whether there would be a significant third party challenger (no), whether there would be sustained social unrest (no), and what developments would happen in foreign policy (still undetermined). 

But even if the foreign policy developments are bad for the Democrats, it would *not* be enough for Harris to lose. 

31 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I'm not saying this would make up for anything, or that it even matters in the grand scheme of things...but is anyone else waiting to see if Bush steps up?

He won't talk openly, but I bet he's voting for Harris.  I don't recall him openly supporting anyone since leaving office.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

He won't talk openly, but I bet he's voting for Harris.  I don't recall him openly supporting anyone since leaving office.

That was my feeling as well. He didn't call Trump out by name but he expressed unhappiness over the way the party was rotting.

I wonder if he's just reluctant to open the floodgates given how reclusive he's been. He doesn't seem to have any further political ambitions although I suppose that doesn't mean he has no financial ambitions. I really don't know what the guy has been up to besides painting.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jman said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/politics-news/anti-trump-planes-college-football-games-1235993749/

Kamala is using that fundraiser money to pay for planes to fly over college football games reminding spectators Trump’s policy is Project 2025.

Which colleges is she doing this over?  it could backfire if there are a lot of environmentally conscious students on campus 

9 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Which colleges is she doing this over?  it could backfire if there are a lot of environmentally conscious students on campus 

University of Michigan’s Michigan Stadium and Penn State’s Beaver Stadium, with a plane set to fly later in the day over University of Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium. A fourth plane had been panned to fy over the University of Georgia’s Sanford Stadium, but was grounded Saturday morning due to weather.

Swing state campuses it seems.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is that the 13 keys guy?

Yes. Lichtman has always been around. He shows up in the media every four years to talk about presidential elections, but he got more attention than usual earlier this year because he was one of Biden's biggest defenders before Biden dropped out. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Didn't have "Dick Cheney is somehow relevant in 2024" on my bingo card.

Didn't think the dude responsible for there needing to be a defibulator in every room of the WH surviving a pandemic. 

I think he might be a cicada. He's been under literal ground this whole time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Someone asked an interesting question on Reddit - Does MAGA die if Trump loses?

Personally, I don't see anyone picking up the mantle (thankfully) for the brainless.

There is always going to be some buttclowns that will pull that MAGAt philosophy of being a complete white-power shit heel. It being a cult of personality doesn't completely overshadow that its also a cult of grievances and revenge babies. 

Example, Nazism didn't quite die out with Hitler filiating a gun. It just went underground for a bit and resprouted with the same general shittery, different people. The window to smack those creatures down is only as long as the memories of the people around them. Once the memories fade, they latch on to the next grievance weasel shenanigans and start making the rounds of whatever media is friendliest. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Someone asked an interesting question on Reddit - Does MAGA die if Trump loses?

Personally, I don't see anyone picking up the mantle (thankfully) for the brainless.

Maybe not MAGA itself. Hell if Trump loses, he may try to sue anyone with any kind of influence that tries to use it because he's a big baby and that his ball.

But I totally see it getting rebranded as some other goofy thing that the same idiots will latch onto

• Like 2