UnevenEdge

Hurricane Ian

Master-Debater131

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/09/25/ian-could-become-major-hurricane-targets-florida-what-we-know/8113790001/

Hurricane Ian is heading toward Florida and may be the first major hurricane to make landfall this year. Some models have this storm as potentially a Category 4 when it makes its first landfall somewhere on the West coast of Florida. A state of emergency has already been declared for the entire state of Florida and resources are being deployed in advance of the storms impact.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Seems like something this important could have another thread on a different board, too.

Meh, sometimes people just miss an existing thread, and with something like the useful info that OP provided, it's handy to have it all in one place.

I have a buddy at the gym who’s planning on moving down to Florida.  He was apparently supposed to check on the property this week when this all went down.  Naturally he canceled his flight.  I can only imagine how many people being affected are those with nest eggs and retirement homes there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jman said:

I have a buddy at the gym who’s planning on moving down to Florida.  He was apparently supposed to check on the property this week when this all went down.  Naturally he canceled his flight.  I can only imagine how many people being affected are those with nest eggs and retirement homes there.

It's a part of life in Florida, so chances are good that a lot of retirees have insurance.  What's always a concern are the silent majority of wage slaves and indigent who will be disproportionately impacted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Let’s see if it affects his re-election bid.  Probably not, feelings don’t care about facts down there.

Absolutely not at all. Was stuck listening to Fox the other day on a service run, they were having some rando from some moving company down there talking about the work they'd be prepping for and everything, idk, not important. But, bust out laughing as he closed out his segment with "thank god we've got DeSantis."

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Absolutely not at all. Was stuck listening to Fox the other day on a service run, they were having some rando from some moving company down there talking about the work they'd be prepping for and everything, idk, not important. But, bust out laughing as he closed out his segment with "thank god we've got DeSantis."

Look in my eyes, what do you see?

First reports are starting to come in for the damage, and its not great. It sounds like in one county the death toll is going to be in the hundreds. There are thousands still in need of rescue.

This storm likely permanently altered the map of Florida. The storm surge was massive and the rainfall totals are biblical. 

• Sad 2

On 9/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, rpgamer said:

As a weatherman used to say down there - "JAPDIP".

31 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

Ian barely scraped past me, so I got lucky with tropical storm weather and some tornadoes I had to watch out for. Still very nerve wracking, especially since Ian has been steering just about everywhere on short notice. 

Glad you're still in one piece.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Matt Gaetz votes against hurricane disasfer relief for florida.

https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-votes-against-disaster-relief-hurricane-ian-1748055

They really would put shit in their mouths if they knew democrats would have to smell it.

“We will allow even our own constituents to suffer if it means owning the democrats” and Floridians will still vote for him again for all of the ones that said “no”

• Like 1