UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

Just now, scoobdog said:

LOLJK.  It's really just delaying the inevitable. The NFL was originally calling for a year-long suspension but it got reduced to 6 because the NFL has such a shitty domestic abuse policy.  The rationale from the arbiter might sound like bullshit, but she was essentially telling the NFL they didn't have the ability to make such a long suspension based on their own policy. 

I guess im an eternal optimist here.  Im also thinking about the pure shit storm that would hit the NFL if they wind up lowering this suspension.  I know the NFL is basically untouchable, but this is a whole other level of problem for them if they screw this up.

He should be suspended at least a year and 6 games is a joke. The public outcry after that was announced has had to have created immense pressure on the NFL to change something.

They wont change their abuse policy, oh no, cant do that, it would risk far too many of their players being suspended. But they can make a token gesture by publicly flogging the most famous abuser in the NFL right now.

Ill be an optimist and say he gets a full year, the NFLPA appeals, and he gets like 12 games.

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I guess im an eternal optimist here.  Im also thinking about the pure shit storm that would hit the NFL if they wind up lowering this suspension.  I know the NFL is basically untouchable, but this is a whole other level of problem for them if they screw this up.

He should be suspended at least a year and 6 games is a joke. The public outcry after that was announced has had to have created immense pressure on the NFL to change something.

They wont change their abuse policy, oh no, cant do that, it would risk far too many of their players being suspended. But they can make a token gesture by publicly flogging the most famous abuser in the NFL right now.

Ill be an optimist and say he gets a full year, the NFLPA appeals, and he gets like 12 games.

The arbiter was fairly clear.  They're not going to be able to arbitrarily apply a full year suspension even if that's what the public wants and Watson deserves.  I don't see anything that would change the judgement since they can't introduce new evidence to suggest that what Watson was doing qualifies as violent (WTF?!!).

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

The arbiter was fairly clear.  They're not going to be able to arbitrarily apply a full year suspension even if that's what the public wants and Watson deserves.  I don't see anything that would change the judgement since they can't introduce new evidence to suggest that what Watson was doing qualifies as violent (WTF?!!).

So PFT is saying this:

I get what you are saying, but apparently when the judge concluded that he broke policy in 3 ways that gave Goodell all the excuse he needs to basically enact whatever punishment he wants. Theyve got other tweets saying that if Goodell is trying to do something its to get the max suspension and then decide where to go from there.

I probably shouldnt get my hopes up that the NFL may actually do the right thing, but Im gonna do it anyways. I just cant believe that they would appeal an already weak suspension so they could make it even weaker.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

We’ll see who’s salty when you’re dropping c bombs on me for laughing when the Pats and The Buccs lose games and get eliminated from the playoffs, if they even make it at all 💩

Pats ain’t making the playoffs this year, so let’s just clear that up now.

but neither are the Jets… so golf in January?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

Pats ain’t making the playoffs this year, so let’s just clear that up now.

but neither are the Jets… so golf in January?

The jets could make it with all the extra wild cards. You don’t know.  Lol Matt Patricia gonna show off his amazing offensive skills cuz he did so amazing as HC for Detroit 💩

• Haha 1

I'm not gonna post it here right now, but there's a sentence in today's Why Your Team Sucks on the Houston Texans that made me go "THIS SHIT, RIGHT HERE, THIS IS WHY I READ DEFECTOR AND KEEP TRYING TO GET OTHER PEOPLE TO DO IT AS WELL."

• Like 2

Becton  out for the season with a fractured knee cap.  Pretty sure the team is gonna be done with him. His conditioning is extremely poor and no one can tell me different. Constantly hurt and injuries that most all players can return from knock him out for entire seasons. Last year is a perfect example of wtf I’m talking about smdh

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1

https://defector.com/the-nfl-and-deshaun-watson-did-the-math/

The summary here is that everyone involved decided "It would be better to suspend him for 2/3RDS of the season than suspend him for the entire season and possibly go through the discovery process, because everyone's* entire ass will be shown if that happens."

*Watson, the Browns, Jimmy Haslam, probably the Texans, probably Roger Goodell, yeah everyone

• Thanks 1

I wanted to make sure I didn't make this joke already, but after reading the very end of the Dolphins' WYTS, I am somewhat concerned that one of the posts in the What Might Not Suck or Let's Hear From Rams Fans! section of the Rams' WYTS will just be a night-vision picture of Stan Kroenke's mansion with the word SOON over it.

• Haha 2

so im sure yall heard the story of brady almost becoming a raider over the weekend

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rob-gronkowski-confirms-jon-gruden-040800199.html

dana white pretty much said brady and gronk were close to moving to vegas before gruden said no at the last minute. it was rumors in 2020 that one of the teams he was interested was vegas and now it looking like it may have been true *tho mark davis doesnt remember this*.

my thoughts, if this story is true, thank you gruden for axing this deal. hell no to both brady and gronk, i dont care if they would have gotten us a ring *they wouldnt, our defense was cabbage that season*. no way im ever rooting for those players and im much happier that we stuck with carr, and waller broke out that season. also it fuels my hate for sports media for always shitting on carr. every year, is he gonna get traded, he's not gruden's guy, c- tier qb. so much disrespect. i rather have carr a million times over than brady. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

so im sure yall heard the story of brady almost becoming a raider over the weekend

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rob-gronkowski-confirms-jon-gruden-040800199.html

dana white pretty much said brady and gronk were close to moving to vegas before gruden said no at the last minute. it was rumors in 2020 that one of the teams he was interested was vegas and now it looking like it may have been true *tho mark davis doesnt remember this*.

my thoughts, if this story is true, thank you gruden for axing this deal. hell no to both brady and gronk, i dont care if they would have gotten us a ring *they wouldnt, our defense was cabbage that season*. no way im ever rooting for those players and im much happier that we stuck with carr, and waller broke out that season. also it fuels my hate for sports media for always shitting on carr. every year, is he gonna get traded, he's not gruden's guy, c- tier qb. so much disrespect. i rather have carr a million times over than brady. 

Yeah, fuck Brady and that dumb fuckin ape, Gronkowski 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sawdy said:

…… there is a word for that…

Yeah and if you say it your dick and ovaries get ripped out by bitter people jerking off as they flip burgers in a tin can trailer converted to a greasy spoon diner. And really wtf needs that shit in their life?  Not me. I’m fuckin busy all of a sudden. Must be all the defectives going back to work. Crashing cars and getting body parts stuck in wood chippers and deep fryers at work 😬💩

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah and if you say it your dick and ovaries get ripped out by bitter people jerking off as they flip burgers in a tin can trailer converted to a greasy spoon diner. And really wtf needs that shit in their life?  Not me. I’m fuckin busy all of a sudden. Must be all the defectives going back to work. Crashing cars and getting body parts stuck in wood chippers and deep fryers at work 😬💩

If he could read, he’d be very upset

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I never seen them at the same time. Think about it. Have you ever seen Dopey posting whenever Gronk was playing?  I haven’t 💩

Welp, paint me green and call me a pickle because I’m absolutely dilly with this bullshit.

my mind is fucked

• Haha 2

So I guess if you're an NFL player and are accused of misconduct* dating back to before you were drafted you can't be punished by the Personal Conduct Policy.

Visible Confusion] | Know Your Meme

*I know it's just an allegation against Matt Araiza at this point, I just didn't know the policy worked like that

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Game is up.

Week 1 is up.

Week 1 starts Sept. 8th at 8:20 pm

Don't forget to pick GOAT and LOL

Good luck to everyone.

Yay I hate your politics but am addicted to your game. Thank you for suffering us another football season 😝

• Haha 1

Final preseason Jets game starting any minute. Playing the starters for a quarter or so Flacco is starting cuz Wilson is hurt 

looking forward to this season can’t wait to see Sauce and Lawson 

unfortunately Giants aren’t using their starters cuz their coach is a prick 

Jets won all 3 preseason games which doesn’t mean much but I’ve seen a lot I liked. The Giants didn’t have any starters on the field and I like that the first team defense made quick work of the offense most of the time.  I’m also liking seeing an offense that can move the ball in the air as well as on the ground 

Stevfler or wtf the 3 string QB is WILL be a star for some team but not the Jets.  

Flacco will be starting on Sept 11 against Baltimore should be a good game. See if the Jets can be as effective in season as they were in the pre

Quincy and Quinnen Williams are two players to look out for

Elijah Moore Carter and Carter II also keep an eye out on them and the TEs.  The Jets should have a decent season. Might even be a winning season something us jets fans haven’t seen in a while 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m already stuck on first pic Bills @ Rams cuz idk how likely is it for a super bowl winning team to lose their opening game at home. I gotta look up percentages on that 😬💩

You’re outplaying yourself already, use your magical chesticles and just pick it.

• Haha 1