UnevenEdge

do you eat anything in a strange manner when compared to others?

MEXobiologist

like i have seen people cut their spaghetti noodles into little two inch bits, or cut up their sammiches.

i eat candy kind of strangely. most chocolates i just suck on until they have dissolved in my mouth. or mini snickers (can't finish a whole one), i'll eat the chocolate off the sides and top, then bite off the caramel and nuts, and last but best, eat the nougat. i do this sort of thing with nearly all candies. never been a gobble it all down type.

you do anything weird like this?

I've been told I have ferocious gross way of eating

But I'm now convinced my older sister was just being a bitch :|

thats an older sisters expertise

do you slob food everywhere when you eat and talk with a mouth gaping full of food while you do?

cuz if not, i'd say you're good

I should probably start doing that myself ...my teeth are so awful...I should have been taking better care of them but I never really planned to exist past 30 so I never really cared ... because of this I tend to chew with most of my fronts ...it's pretty awkward having to use my tongue to keep my food shoved forward lol

I used to eat Big Macs in a strange manner. I would put French fries under the bun, dip the sandwich into ketchup, take a bite, and then sip some coke while swallowing. My grandmother gave me the strangest look when she saw that.

thats an older sisters expertise

do you slob food everywhere when you eat and talk with a mouth gaping full of food while you do?

cuz if not, i'd say you're good

I make murderous looks sometimes without realizing it sometimes

I peel bananas from the bottom and tear off pieces to eat. There's less strings and eating it like a popsicle can be awkward.

I also find myself chewing through hard candies too often like Jolly Ranchers or mini jawbreakers. I've been getting better about it because it kills my already awful teeth and I should just enjoy the candy, but I get impatient and want to eat everything.

I should probably start doing that myself ...my teeth are so awful...I should have been taking better care of them but I never really planned to exist past 30 so I never really cared ... because of this I tend to chew with most of my fronts ...it's pretty awkward having to use my tongue to keep my food shoved forward lol

Not taking care of your teefs is bad news. I hope you've changed those habits.

I used to eat Big Macs in a strange manner. I would put French fries under the bun, dip the sandwich into ketchup, take a bite, and then sip some coke while swallowing. My grandmother gave me the strangest look when she saw that.

I've seen people put fries on their burgers and also dip them instead of dressing them but never both at the same time.

I eat pizza with a knife and fork.

I hate the feeling of grease on my fingers.

I used to chew jawbreakers and other hard candy when my teeth were better but I can't do that anymore.

Is it just pizza or all greasy and messy food?

Also, whats with this trend of ppl not caring about their teeth? :D

I peel bananas from the bottom and tear off pieces to eat. There's less strings and eating it like a popsicle can be awkward.

I also find myself chewing through hard candies too often like Jolly Ranchers or mini jawbreakers. I've been getting better about it because it kills my already awful teeth and I should just enjoy the candy, but I get impatient and want to eat everything.

Again with the teeth here!  >:D

I would eat a nanner in any fashion imaginable if it wouldn't kill my tumtum. That is odd tho.

I'm on a fairly strict 1500 calorie per day diet right now so I insist upon being able to weigh portions on a scale.  When people try to tell me they eyeballed the serving sizes I get irate and tell them they're doing it poorly given that they have diabetes.  I take my diet seriously. 

I'm on a fairly strict 1500 calorie per day diet right now so I insist upon being able to weigh portions on a scale.  When people try to tell me they eyeballed the serving sizes I get irate and tell them they're doing it poorly given that they have diabetes.  I take my diet seriously.

You've gotten boring. Which is probably the worst thing I could have said about you.

You've gotten boring. Which is probably the worst thing I could have said about you.

This is a fairly dry and straightforward topic.  I apologizing for not bringing more color into your life.  You get enough rainbows as it is.

Is it just pizza or all greasy and messy food?

Also, whats with this trend of ppl not caring about their teeth? :D

Vast majority of people have always been this way, it's why we have large amounts of chemicals put into our water and food to help with tooth decay and malnutrition.

Other than eating real fast.  Got too used to having to pound stuff down before getting paged to some location in the stores I worked at.  Haven't worked in a store since '95 and still haven't been able to break the habit. 

Why such a strict diet right now?

I don't ever count calories or anything like that, I'm sure I should tho. It will probably come back to bite me in my ass at some point.

Other than eating real fast.  Got too used to having to pound stuff down before getting paged to some location in the stores I worked at.  Haven't worked in a store since '95 and still haven't been able to break the habit.

It took my dad until his 50's to break that habit. He was the 5th to last child if 17... I think... maybe it's 18, I forget. Anyways, those hurry and eat when you can mentality seems hard to break for a lot of people. I eat really fast too but I think its more a result of not chewing thoroughly before swallowing. Im certain I will choke to death.

When given a sandwiched food that has a defined top and bottom, such as a bagel sandwich or hamburger,

I usually eat with the bottom facing up.

I'm not sure if this counts as a strange manner, but I remember my brother being visibly angered by me eating a burger "the wrong way"

when I was really young.

Why such a strict diet right now?

I don't ever count calories or anything like that, I'm sure I should tho. It will probably come back to bite me in my ass at some point.

I need to lose some weight in a relatively short time frame.  In truth it's not that difficult, I basically just cut out drinks that have calories associated with them and little else has changed.  A lot of Crystal Light for me now.  I never realized how much 2% milk I was drinking until I started measuring it out and got a sense for how little 1 cup really amounts to. 

When given a sandwiched food that has a defined top and bottom, such as a bagel sandwich or hamburger,

I'm not sure if this counts as a strange manner, but I remember my brother being visibly angered by me eating a burger "the wrong way"

when I was really young.

Getting thesesame seed bun on the tongue is a refreshing textural experience.

Everyone should try it once.

I always eat small portions. I'll never make a three course meal and eat it at once, I like to prepare and eat them individually throughout the day.

I generally only drink water and green tea and alcoholic beverages.

When I'm alone I eat quickly but if I'm eating w others I like to take it really slow and like to talk a lot and listen to people without chewing and focus on that rather than the food. I hate meeting people for dinner before an event bc that means I'm probably taking my shit home in a box. Much better to save dinner for after the event so there can be lounging and dialogue and slow eating and drinking and ordering more food and drinks and staying out later than intended.

i cant eat things of mixed color....like fruity pebbles....or skittles,.....m&m's.....the list really goes on and on....i have to separate the colors....and if someone says 'oh cool can i have some?' they have to take a whole color...cause if ive started separating the colors and they just take a few of say...blue....i wont eat the blue pile...

I love tomatoes but my main problem w ketchup isn't the taste as much as it is how all it seems to do is just make everything taste like ketchup. It doesn't complement food, it drowns out all flavor until only ketchup is left.

I do like ketchup and fries though so maybe will try chips

i cant eat things of mixed color....like fruity pebbles....or skittles,.....m&m's.....the list really goes on and on....i have to separate the colors....and if someone says 'oh cool can i have some?' they have to take a whole color...cause if ive started separating the colors and they just take a few of say...blue....i wont eat the blue pile...

o_O

To this day... When ever I get fed mixed vegetables with peas in them, I have to separate the peas out with my fork because I refuse to eat them. After all the peas are separated, I eat the rest normally. The peas get put down the sink when I am done.

When I was very little I ate pizza upside down, so the cheese and toppings were on my tongue.

I don't know if this is weird, but I eat cookies with the top on my tongue too. That side of the cookie is just more appetizing to me.

I also don't know if this is weird, but when I eat meat with a knife and fork, I use the "British method" of eating as I cut. I will have the fork in my left (non-dominant) hand, pick up a piece of meat, stick it in my mouth, the fork still in my left hand and in the cutting position, and while I was chewing continue to cut, and repeat until all the meat is cut up. Then once I have all my meat cut up, I'll put the fork in my right hand and eat the "American" way.

I used to suck on a lot of non-hard candies until they would dissolve in my mouth instead of chewing them. Stuff like Sweet Tarts, Hershey Kisses, M&Ms...

The following I got from my dad when I was a kid: I would put Ruffles potato chips inside my tuna fish sandwiches. And inspired by that, I used to put french fries inside of my McDonald's chicken sandwiches.

when I was really young.

yessss, love this. i eat asiago bagel sammiches like that! i want that extra asiago on top to be the first thing that touches my tongue.

I need to lose some weight in a relatively short time frame.  In truth it's not that difficult, I basically just cut out drinks that have calories associated with them and little else has changed.  A lot of Crystal Light for me now.  I never realized how much 2% milk I was drinking until I started measuring it out and got a sense for how little 1 cup really amounts to.

i did crystal light for a long time after i cut out soda but after a few years there was something about it that started to gag me. it was like the middle step to drinking more water, and now that is just what i drink for the most part.

do you plan on continuing to monitor food and beverage intake like this once you've reached your weight loss goal?

I eat my dinner plate like a clock. I eat my main dish then I eat the sides then I eat desert. I don't mix any of it

do people ever notice?

i tend to take two bites of each until i am full or have cleared my plate. i do that because i never know how much i can eat in one sitting. sometimes i can out eat the hungriest man in the room but usually, because i am an all day grazer, i can't always finish a full meal at once. since i want to taste everything, i tend to eat each a couple bites at a time.