UnevenEdge

do you eat anything in a strange manner when compared to others?

MEXobiologist

Much better to save dinner for after the event so there can be lounging and dialogue and slow eating and drinking and ordering more food and drinks and staying out later than intended.

never really considered this but it makes sense. this is how it usually goes with fam and its a lovely time. with friends though, seems more the opposite. and then there always tends to be phones out in that situation. because maybe some other people are trying to coordinate about the event but aren't joining for a meal. that sours the whole thing for me. i'm a "put your phone away" kind of meal person. unless something is an emergency, there is nothing so important that you can't take some time to enjoy a nice meal in the company of those you are with.

I usually carry a gallon jug of water with me to work and drink from it through the day.

Used to do it at college too.

People comment on it.

similar. i do a two quart jug at work. it's too damn dry there and i end up confusing dehydration for hunger if i do not.

i cant eat things of mixed color....like fruity pebbles....or skittles,.....m&m's.....the list really goes on and on....i have to separate the colors....and if someone says 'oh cool can i have some?' they have to take a whole color...cause if ive started separating the colors and they just take a few of say...blue....i wont eat the blue pile...

what about mixed veggies or fruit? or is it just a candy thing?

of all the things, this is really quite odd, or obsessive. either way, i like it  :D

To this day... When ever I get fed mixed vegetables with peas in them, I have to separate the peas out with my fork because I refuse to eat them. After all the peas are separated, I eat the rest normally. The peas get put down the sink when I am done.

When I was very little I ate pizza upside down, so the cheese and toppings were on my tongue.

I don't know if this is weird, but I eat cookies with the top on my tongue too. That side of the cookie is just more appetizing to me.

I also don't know if this is weird, but when I eat meat with a knife and fork, I use the "British method" of eating as I cut. I will have the fork in my left (non-dominant) hand, pick up a piece of meat, stick it in my mouth, the fork still in my left hand and in the cutting position, and while I was chewing continue to cut, and repeat until all the meat is cut up. Then once I have all my meat cut up, I'll put the fork in my right hand and eat the "American" way.

I used to suck on a lot of non-hard candies until they would dissolve in my mouth instead of chewing them. Stuff like Sweet Tarts, Hershey Kisses, M&Ms...

The following I got from my dad when I was a kid: I would put Ruffles potato chips inside my tuna fish sandwiches. And inspired by that, I used to put french fries inside of my McDonald's chicken sandwiches.

i'm going to have to try thins top down thing with food meow. seems to be a few people who find in pleasant, so there must be something about it that i am missing :P

seems we're of the same in sucking on candies people traditionally chew through. i dunno, seems better to savor the flavor and i've noticed i eat much less of it in one sitting because i do that.

chips on sammiches is the shit!

never tried it with any kind of fish sammich though... i wonder why 0.o

dont judge me  :(.....thats why i dont eat them....if i get anything like an 'm&m' and its not from a candy store where i can just buy one color...i just eat the hershey ones....there all brown....

But they all taste the same...

never really considered this but it makes sense. this is how it usually goes with fam and its a lovely time. with friends though, seems more the opposite. and then there always tends to be phones out in that situation. because maybe some other people are trying to coordinate about the event but aren't joining for a meal. that sours the whole thing for me. i'm a "put your phone away" kind of meal person. unless something is an emergency, there is nothing so important that you can't take some time to enjoy a nice meal in the company of those you are with.

Yeah if it's dinner and a show I'm probably a scratch for dinner and may or may not get to the show on time, but am definitely down for dinner or drinks and bar food afterward and usually wanting to stay until last call if anyone else at all is too. In that situation I don't mind phones out here and there since there's not that anxious rushy finite span of time to connect with others feel that comes with early meals and worrying about everyone's various schedules for the rest of the day. During regular lunch or dinner though yeah put that shit away and just be there. Plenty of time for phone play later.

You've gotten boring. Which is probably the worst thing I could have said about you.

I don't normally comment, but this post is exactly what I would expect from someone who disappears, decides to meet up with his friends for the first time in a decade, walks up mid conversation, and then loudly proclaims "What happened to you?  You're so boooooooring."

what about mixed veggies or fruit? or is it just a candy thing?

of all the things, this is really quite odd, or obsessive. either way, i like it  :D

oh like the steamed peas and carrots thing? no that doesnt seem to bother me...its just anything...like rainbow colored.....like....i dunno...maybe....but it makes my fuckin skin crawl