UnevenEdge

Welcome to the Abyss in 2022! Made In Abyss premieres this Saturday, January 15 at 1:30 AM!

OwlChemist81

IMG_20220112_095551.jpg

Of course, this news is somewhat surprising, considering this is a Sentai show, and Sentai just got bought by Warner Media competitor AMC Networks. But it IS nice that Sentai is still willing to play ball with Toonami!

Also interesting is the fact that this 2017 show is 13 episodes, but has a 2nd season coming in 2022...

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 6

Sentai picked up the dang phone for once!

Leave it to Toonami to put the assumptions of the AMC deal immediately to bed by announcing the best title Sentai has.

Made in Abyss is phenomenal but not for the faint of heart.

It’s a crying shame this wasn’t announced via a promo last Saturday but it should make for a nice surprise for people tuning in this weekend.

I’d say this greatly ups the chances that Titan and AC are the only sequels among the incoming shows but it could go either way.

• Like 3

Demon Slayer is probably a longshot at this point but I would still add that to the pile. And we may still see the new dub of Lupin Part 1 and/or Part 6. The former would probably pair well with Cowboy Bebop!

Also, note that this show has a sequel coming in 2022. Could Toonami pull off the nearly unthinkable at this point and air a simuldub?

At any rate, I expect Toonami to be full of ads for The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, and probably even anime series playing on AMC networks also owned by Sentai!

From pedo-adjacent to actual pedo? Sign me up! 🥴

Okay, yeah, this show is a problematic fave, but it is one of the best shows to air in the last... five years? God, that's about when my interest in Toonami started to fade away. I'm so happy they're airing it, and I look forward to tuning in even though I never finished my last rewatch.

• Thanks 1

Oh fuck, this was something I probably should've seen coming but didn't because I was too focused on sequels and fare from the past year. Should be fun rewatching this one and comparing-contrasting Turner's ratings with my own. (I anticipate a number of TV-MAVs.) Also, a damn fine excuse to finally get off my ass and watch that dang movie!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Oh fuck, this was something I probably should've seen coming but didn't because I was too focused on sequels and fare from the past year. Should be fun rewatching this one and comparing-contrasting Turner's ratings with my own. (I anticipate a number of TV-MAVs.) Also, a damn fine excuse to finally get off my ass and watch that dang movie!

Let's see, 13 episodes, and if there are no interruptions otherwise (like for a Black Lotus Marathon or something stupid like that...)

1-3 in January...

4-7 in February...

8-11 in March...

12 on April 2nd...

13 on April 9th...

Movie for Easter Eve April 16th???

Then Season 2 premiere April 23rd?????

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Bring booze.

Lots of booze.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sketch said:

That promo was weak sauce... Like of all the voices to use in a promo you pick that guy and his flat reads? I hope people give the show a chance because that promo is anti-hype.

Yeah, you don't even need to look at a cast list to tell that Jiruo's VA is a newbie. (Then again, flat reads are to be expected from a Sentai dub.) Riko's one line at the end definitely sounds a good several steps above that.

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

That promo was weak sauce... Like of all the voices to use in a promo you pick that guy and his flat reads? I hope people give the show a chance because that promo is anti-hype.

yeah this promo feels very rushed...which makes sense for a promo put out 3 days before the series begins on toonami

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sketch said:

I would like to say that this was semi-intentional and not just because of the rush job to get something programmed into the feed as soon as it was finalized.

With this promo, you don't know what's coming. And that's the point. Now you'll have the people going 'whoah, seriously? holy crap!' because they have more than the title in their head currently and those who just learned of it with the announcement seeing people freaking out about it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

I would like to say that this was semi-intentional and not just because of the rush job to get something programmed into the feed as soon as it was finalized.

With this promo, you don't know what's coming. And that's the point. Now you'll have the people going 'whoah, seriously? holy crap!' because they have more than the title in their head currently and those who just learned of it with the announcement seeing people freaking out about it. 

They are probably trying to keep things vague but I still think they should have picked different dialogue for the promo. That is literally some of the worst in the first episode even if it does explain some things.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

They are probably trying to keep things vague but I still think they should have picked different dialogue for the promo. That is literally some of the worst in the first episode even if it does explain some things.

yeah... i don't think it really builds interest and hype for most people if you just showed them this

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

DeMarco is all about being vague.  

"You wanna know what happens?  Well, I guess you gotta tune in, ONLY Toonami to find out."

Maybe the execution was off, but the concept is sound.  

• Like 1

I have heard of this show but apparently never saw what it looked like.  I'm not big on that art style, but the show was made by Kinema Citrus, the same studio that made the Village Bride short for Star Wars Visions, which was pretty good, so maybe this will be good.  I seem to recall people suggesting this as something to watch from the studio when Visions came out.

This is the second thing Toonami has aired by a Visions studio, the first being Batman Ninja.  I wonder if that is intentional by Demarco.

I was saying, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one, why doesn't Toonami get an older show they never aired, if some of the new hot shows are too hard to get.  And here we go.  I wonder if Toonami got this because they couldn't get another show that they had their heart set on.  Either way, I don't think any fans expected this!

On 1/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, EmpressAngel said:

10/10 can't wait to cry and piss myself in terror. 

So apparently this is a show that you can't judge the book by the cover haha.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, Blatch said:

From pedo-adjacent to actual pedo? Sign me up! 🥴

What the fuck?

On 1/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, EmpressAngel said:

The more the characters look like a Precious Moments clearance rack, the more horrifying the series.

I'm already crying!

Yeah definitely seems like this show is not what you would think going off face value haha.