UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

is it too late to change our lol picks? 

the texans are supposed to be tanking and they go out and win a game? granted if they were gonna win a game, it would be against the jets. but still!

Me, thinking: "how did I forget the Kahns were better at running a wrestling promotion than a football team, I finally got in Why Your Team Sucks because I made that fucking joke"

"Davante Adams said he has talked with Aaron Rodgers about the double teams he's facing and that maybe they need to just push the envelope on those and see what Adams can do."

OR... maybe throw to the open receiver? Maybe to the middle of the field for a change? Or God forbid run the ball.

But no... throw into double coverage. What could go wrong.

It's no wonder the Packers are undefeated when Adams is out. Rodgers has no choice but to take his head out of Davante's ass.

20 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Oh shit I’m dyin. I needed this laugh cuz I’m so mad. Like how fuckin dumb was it to drop Darnold and rely on some midget QB from a sub par school cuz he had a good 4 games in a covid season?  You know what I’m sayin 😆

Yea, that pick is not looking so good already. And it isnt going to be better next week when you guys come to Denver.  We may not be great, but our D is solid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Yea, that pick is not looking so good already. And it isnt going to be better next week when you guys come to Denver.  We may not be great, but our D is solid.

I’m hoping he’ll get better. Idk. Darnold is doing just fine. He’s got the o line he needs to succeed. Good for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Broncos start 2-0 for the first time in ages.  We get the Jets next week with a chance to go 3-0.

Which falls right in my prediction where we start 3-0 then lose the next 6 or 7 lol.

you say theres a chance, as if they might drop one to the jets 🤣

i do think its a bit too early to pass out the verdict on any rookie qb. we will need an entire season of work and evaluation. right now all i can say is i dont  know if hes good or bad. darnold  on the other had, has had 4 seasons of work we can point to and gauge his talent. even winston went back to his old familiar self today throwing 2 picks and only 111 yards. 

anyways raiders beat the steelers at their home! also 2-0!

7 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I'm surprised the Chargers didn't move to St. Louis. Honestly they never should have left San Diego, but if they had to move, why L.A.?

Because they get to play in multi billion dollar new stadium with little up-front cost?  Spanos isn't known for being the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway, so it's not like he was going to do better on is own anywhere else.

12 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I'm surprised the Chargers didn't move to St. Louis. Honestly they never should have left San Diego, but if they had to move, why L.A.?

why would they move to a city with even less connection than they have to LA? 

i think the new stadium was the biggest factor if i remember correctly. they been wanting one for a while and things just fell into place for the LA stadium. also LA is a larger sports market than san diego so probably more profit there? but then again, as the 3rd most popular football team in the city, how much would that be over san diego? 

11 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

why would they move to a city with even less connection than they have to LA? 

i think the new stadium was the biggest factor if i remember correctly. they been wanting one for a while and things just fell into place for the LA stadium. also LA is a larger sports market than san diego so probably more profit there? but then again, as the 3rd most popular football team in the city, how much would that be over san diego? 

Probably not much in terms of profit. I'm surprised San Diego didn't build a new stadium, but they might well have been broke. Going into a market to be number 3, even in a large scale market, doesn't seem like a long term winner.

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

They weren't going to give the Rams a new stadium, why would they give the Chargers one?

The Rams always wanted to move back to LA. The new stadium was an incentive to be sure, but the desire was there. St. Louis would have probably offered a new stadium to attract an NFL team, the Chargers were in the drivers seat but chose to be a number 3 instead of a number 1 draw. The fan base in St. Louis is consistent, they would have welcomed the team, given them a new stadium and had good attendance numbers. It would have been equal to what the Chargers get in LA as a number 3, but the team would have its own facility in essence. The Blues would have likely gotten in on the action as well, or possibly even the Cardinals. The incentive was there for the Chargers to make a move.

28 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Probably not much in terms of profit. I'm surprised San Diego didn't build a new stadium, but they might well have been broke. Going into a market to be number 3, even in a large scale market, doesn't seem like a long term winner.

The Rams always wanted to move back to LA. The new stadium was an incentive to be sure, but the desire was there. St. Louis would have probably offered a new stadium to attract an NFL team, the Chargers were in the drivers seat but chose to be a number 3 instead of a number 1 draw. The fan base in St. Louis is consistent, they would have welcomed the team, given them a new stadium and had good attendance numbers. It would have been equal to what the Chargers get in LA as a number 3, but the team would have its own facility in essence. The Blues would have likely gotten in on the action as well, or possibly even the Cardinals. The incentive was there for the Chargers to make a move.

Well, the bigger issue with San Diego was the location.  Mission Valley is cold as fuck in the winter, and the only place the city was willing to work with them on a new stadium was going to be there on the same property as their (then) current stadium.  It also isn't central like Petco is, and that's what Spanos really wanted.

That being said, it was a case of neither side wanting to really budge, and, really, the city admnistration not being as enamored with the Chargers as they needed to be to make a deal.  Spanos seems to be a nice enough guy, but he lacks the developer's instinct (ruthlessness?) that Kroenke has.  St. Louis wasn't going to full fund a new stadium after being on the hook for the one that the Rams left behind (and that was only a little more than 20 years old), and getting a perennial also ran like the Chargers wasn't going to be an equal trade for the marginally better run Rams.  Putting out $400million for the partial cost of a new stadium was already a stretch and a last ditch for St. Louis (and the state of Missouri), and it was more contingent on keeping the Rams and their infrastructure in place.  Spending that and other tax incentives to get the Chargers there would not have been particularly cost effective trade off for the local economy.  In fact, I think the only reason they even tried it is because they knew Kroenke was stringing the along and they wanted to force his hand.

• Like 1