UnevenEdge

Fire Force S2 Debuts October 24th on Toonami

this tells me two things

1.toonami really couldn't wait around for funimation to dub more episodes of S2 before announcing this

2.We're probably getting a db super labor day marathon on september 5th(that one week delay means The Reruns of Fire Force will end just in time for S2 to replace it)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Top Gun said:

This will be fun and all, but seriously, where the ever-loving fuck is Mob season 2.

I still theorize we won’t get season 2 until 2 years after it simulcast. That would be early 2021. That’s how long it took to get season 1.

Well so much for having 4 premieres in August.

FF season 2 will start the week after Golden Wind ends so it’s possible this rerun will move later when Ballmastrz finishes or Clover takes a break.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, elfie said:

For Crunchyroll being so in synergy with Time Warner as it is now, Toonami is sure having a ton of trouble getting anime they own!

it really does seem like crunchyroll just wants to use toonami to promote it's stuff on air

while at the same time refusing to hand over any shows

this partnership only benefits crunchyroll

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

I still theorize we won’t get season 2 until 2 years after it simulcast. That would be early 2021. That’s how long it took to get season 1.

Well so much for having 4 premieres in August.

FF season 2 will start the week after Golden Wind ends so it’s possible this rerun will move later when Ballmastrz finishes or Clover takes a break.

If that's the case, why not just go ahead and bump Black Clover up to 1 AM and stick Fire Force at 1:30? Also, I'm keeping my November recording of Episode 15 because I'll bet they'll shorten "Mayday" this time. Prove me wrong, Toonami!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I always feel bad for how poorly toonami has treated shippuden. It's weird to think of how hyped the show used to be, and now it gets 3am after ballmasterz. 

it feels like it's seen by demarco and crew as no better than some throw-away rerun tossed awkwardly onto the block

8 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

If that's the case, why not just go ahead and bump Black Clover up to 1 AM and stick Fire Force at 1:30? Also, I'm keeping my November recording of Episode 15 because I'll bet they'll shorten "Mayday" this time. Prove me wrong, Toonami!

Black Clover probably has to take a break in a few weeks. Maybe like JoJo it can return in a decent slot.

At this point, they should move Shippuden to 1:30 when BC takes a break, if all they have coming until October is more reruns.

56 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Black Clover probably has to take a break in a few weeks. Maybe like JoJo it can return in a decent slot.

At this point, they should move Shippuden to 1:30 when BC takes a break, if all they have coming until October is more reruns.

they should but they probably won't

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

it feels like it's seen by demarco and crew as no better than some throw-away rerun tossed awkwardly onto the block

It does seem odd that they would put the immaturely-humored, Western-animated Adult Swim comedy airing BEFORE Shippuden.

/co/ thinks the same way. Whenever they claim Black Clover's the only premiere on the block, I just think to myself, "But what about Shippuden?"

37 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You have no confidence in anything, you hella pessimist.

The Optimistic Ones who think there's something great waiting around the corner have been disappointed time and time again this year

I'm happy about Jojo's return to the block but that's one thing to be happy about for the rest of the year on toonami

• D'oh 2

you act like i hate everything on toonami and have never been happy about any show being on the block when that's nowhere close to being the case....

as i already mentioned I'm happy about the return of Jojo golden wind and will gladly watch that on toonami

but unless Funimation starts shooting out dubs like they were coming out of a cannon

i just don't think there's gonna be enough Fire Force S2 episodes to prevent the show from being paused on toonami

nobody can really predict how much time funimation will need to finish enough dubbed episodes of that

Edited by CountFrylock

On 7/27/2020 at 11:07 PM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, still crazy they still haven't aired Mob season 2.

We even already got the blu-rays for it they've taken so long.

I asked Demarco on Twitter yesterday and he said there’s still complicated legal issues with it that refuse to get worked out.

Since he’s openly talking about it, I wouldn’t count on it anytime soon

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

i don't think anyone can accurately predict how many episodes Funimation will have dubbed by then.....

so I'm not even gonna take a wack at that because I Know if i expect One Episode Per Month

there's a chance there could be one episode in august and then none at all in september/october

• D'oh 1

i don't think anyone can accurately predict how many episodes Funimation will have dubbed by then.....

so I'm not even gonna take a wack at that because I Know if i expect One Episode Per Month

there's a chance there could be one episode in august and then none at all in september/october

If it happens, it happens. They’ll figure it out if it does. A week or two of reruns because of a delay isn’t a big deal. Regular TV shows do it all the time. It’s how they stretch a 22 episode season over 8 months

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brianycpht said:

If it happens, it happens. They’ll figure it out if it does. A week or two of reruns because of a delay isn’t a big deal. Regular TV shows do it all the time. It’s how they stretch a 22 episode season over 8 months

Since Fire Force S2 will be the only new show on the block at that point...bouncing between reruns and premieres will be more than a little awkward

I Just have no idea why anyone would think funimation's remote dubbing process will get significantly faster by then

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

The more you do something, the easier it gets. It's basic common sense.

You'll Never Have Fire Force Or Black Clover Remotely Dubbing every week

maybe once every two or three weeks just maybe...

but every single week?....No i don't see them being able to just shoot out episodes at the speed of sonic the hedgehog

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

You'll Never Have Fire Force Or Black Clover Remotely Dubbing every week

maybe once every two or three weeks just maybe...

but every single week?....No i don't see them being able to just shoot out episodes at the speed of sonic the hedgehog

They had about 3 weeks in a row for Black Clover and then after 1 week off they managed 2 weeks in a row (possibly more).

The old simuldub schedule forced them to dub one episode a time (most of the time). Having at least two or more to work on at a time results in a rather inconsistent schedule but can also mean they can record actors lines for more than one episode at a time. So while they probably cannot keep up a weekly release every week for a long time, they should be able to dub 2-3 episodes in a four week span rather than strictly 2. And soon they might be able to release one episode a week more consistently. They are clearly prioritizing Clover and I expect FF will see weekly releases again in the coming months.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They had about 3 weeks in a row for Black Clover and then after 1 week off they managed 2 weeks in a row (possibly more).

The old simuldub schedule forced them to dub one episode a time (most of the time). Having at least two or more to work on at a time results in a rather inconsistent schedule but can also mean they can record actors lines for more than one episode at a time. So while they probably cannot keep up a weekly release every week for a long time, they should be able to dub 2-3 episodes in a four week span rather than strictly 2. And soon they might be able to release one episode a week more consistently. They are clearly prioritizing Clover and I expect FF will see weekly releases again in the coming months.

I Surely hope you are right...i just don't know what toonami will do if they end up having to stall for more time than they thought would be required

do excuse me for sounding so pessimistic and negative now but this is a time when you can't exactly be  so certain things will go as planned

not at all

Edited by CountFrylock

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Since Fire Force S2 will be the only new show on the block at that point...bouncing between reruns and premieres will be more than a little awkward

I Just have no idea why anyone would think funimation's remote dubbing process will get significantly faster by then

You also have no idea if a second new anime will premiere on Toonami alongside Fire Force Season 2.

No one does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elfie said:

You also have no idea if a second new anime will premiere on Toonami alongside Fire Force Season 2.

No one does.

Unless Funimation Allows toonami to grab something from the back-catalog

what could they possibly put alongside Fire Force S2?

the current pandemic has made it damn near impossible for them to get much of anything

so if it's something new then i just expect the return of food wars....if not that then i have no idea

usually toonami likes to air red hot titles as soon as they can but what would that even be right now?

what would be the title best suited to toonami that's super popular/relevant and already finished

Edited by CountFrylock

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

i just don't know what toonami will do if they end up having to stall for more time than they thought would be required

Not a lot of options so probably the same things they've done with MHA or Jojo, depending on how long the wait time is expected to be at that point, since it's not like there's much of a choice if does fall behind. And some new eps are better than no new eps. It'll be cool to at least have Fire Force S2 premiering.

So they'll probably either repeat some eps of Fire Force S2, maybe all the S2 eps they'd aired to that point if they need to buy a lot of weeks, or they'll take it off for a few weeks like Jojo if the wait time is expected to be too long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I always feel bad for how poorly toonami has treated shippuden. It's weird to think of how hyped the show used to be, and now it gets 3am after ballmasterz. 

Oh is it moving to 3am? I thought it was staying at 2:30am since Jojo is replacing PA this weekend and then next weekend Fire Force is going to take Mob's spot?

But yeah, they're probably keeping it after Ballmasterz because if they didn't everyone would leave half an hour early LOL.

34 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Unless Funimation Allows toonami to grab something from the back-catalog

what could they possibly put alongside Fire Force S2?

the current pandemic has made it damn near impossible for them to get much of anything

so if it's something new then i just expect the return of food wars....if not that then i have no idea

usually toonami likes to air red hot titles as soon as they can but what would that even be right now?

what would be the title best suited to toonami that's super popular/relevant and already finished

Gee. It's too bad we do not have a sea of old, dubbed anime that Toonami has never aired before! Oh woe is me!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jman said:

Nothing they’re willing to share, remember.

"Hey um ... so like you know that April Fool's 2012 stunt we did where we brought Toonami back for a night and made offers to several distribution companies that agreed to run episodes of their shows if we plug their DVD releases?  ... so like we got one or two more of those nights coming ...... or several  ..... hundred..."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

"Hey um ... so like you know that April Fool's 2012 stunt we did where we brought Toonami back for a night and made offers to several distribution companies that agreed to run episodes of their shows if we plug their DVD releases?  ... so like we got one or two more of those nights coming ...... or several  ..... hundred..."

That was almost a decade ago.

Saying the market has changed is putting it mildly to say the least.