UnevenEdge

I love when you marry a girl in a cool game

Ultima

I just married Ingrid in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I always thought she was too serious and prudish to get me excited, but I honestly got the butterflies in my tummy and I couldn't keep my thing down in my pajamas, just like every time I've married an FE girl. It's awesome. I'm gonna start farming from the pre(nuptial), penultimate save point though because I've beaten this game 7 times and it's been nearly a year, and marrying every girl in the game is gonna take me a solid 5 years if I keep doing complete playthroughs. Btw, I reclaimed my Top 50 world ranking in Mario Tennis Aces also. 💪🇯🇵🍿

22 hours ago, Ultima said:

I just married Ingrid in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I always thought she was too serious and prudish to get me excited, but I honestly got the butterflies in my tummy and I couldn't keep my thing down in my pajamas, just like every time I've married an FE girl. It's awesome. I'm gonna start farming from the pre(nuptial), penultimate save point though because I've beaten this game 7 times and it's been nearly a year, and marrying every girl in the game is gonna take me a solid 5 years if I keep doing complete playthroughs. Btw, I reclaimed my Top 50 world ranking in Mario Tennis Aces also. 💪🇯🇵🍿

Seven times dude, damn I started to get bored during my third. Going to do one more though now that the DLC is out when I feel like getting back to it and like I won't get burnt out.

Ingrid was my choice in the Blue Lions playthrough. Each time I picked someone from the house I was playing. The other two were Petra and Leonie. 

For my final playthrough I'm not sure who I'll pick, have to see if I like the two new DLC character options.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Seven times dude, damn I started to get bored during my third. Going to do one more though now that the DLC is out when I feel like getting back to it and like I won't get burnt out.

Ingrid was my choice in the Blue Lions playthrough. Each time I picked someone from the house I was playing. The other two were Petra and Leonie. 

For my final playthrough I'm not sure who I'll pick, have to see if I like the two new DLC character options.

I agree. I got the game around the time it was released, I went through the Edelgard route of BE and honestly felt pretty disappointed, like there was no real substance to that route just kill literally everyone that isn't with you. I romanced Bernadetta because I have sworn a blood oath to protect her.

My second playthrough was Blue Lions and honestly if I ever were to replay the game again that'd be the one I'd likely go with, since I felt that story had a lot more weight to it than Edels. I also like fem Byleth a lot more in that one than male one, since male Byleth is a brooding borderline statue, while fem Byleth has more expressions, also I liked the pairing with Dmitri, considering what he goes through in that route.

Golden Deer took me so long to beat cause I was burned out on the game by then, it took half a year to finally get back to and finish. Hilda is best girl.

I'm currently trying to do the Black Eagle house again to go the other direction, but again I'm so burned out on the game, and you really see all the flaws when you've replayed the same game essentially 4 times, the first half for all routes being 90% the same content. The Golden Deers second half was almost identical to the Blue Lions except dialogue in between, and the 2 extra missions. So despite the game have 4 total routes, 5 with the DLC, it's still 80-90% identical to one another just different dialogue and cutscenes. I'm romancing Dorothea in this playthrough. Once I'm done I still need to do the DLC, but after that I don't think I'll be playing this game for at least a year, probably longer.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:15 PM, Distinct Lunatic said:

I agree. I got the game around the time it was released, I went through the Edelgard route of BE and honestly felt pretty disappointed, like there was no real substance to that route just kill literally everyone that isn't with you. I romanced Bernadetta because I have sworn a blood oath to protect her.

My second playthrough was Blue Lions and honestly if I ever were to replay the game again that'd be the one I'd likely go with, since I felt that story had a lot more weight to it than Edels. I also like fem Byleth a lot more in that one than male one, since male Byleth is a brooding borderline statue, while fem Byleth has more expressions, also I liked the pairing with Dmitri, considering what he goes through in that route.

Golden Deer took me so long to beat cause I was burned out on the game by then, it took half a year to finally get back to and finish. Hilda is best girl.

I'm currently trying to do the Black Eagle house again to go the other direction, but again I'm so burned out on the game, and you really see all the flaws when you've replayed the same game essentially 4 times, the first half for all routes being 90% the same content. The Golden Deers second half was almost identical to the Blue Lions except dialogue in between, and the 2 extra missions. So despite the game have 4 total routes, 5 with the DLC, it's still 80-90% identical to one another just different dialogue and cutscenes. I'm romancing Dorothea in this playthrough. Once I'm done I still need to do the DLC, but after that I don't think I'll be playing this game for at least a year, probably longer.

The DLC route is separate from the main game. Story is kinda bleh and characters are a bit gimmicky or shallow.

I do generally agree on your story issues.

Far too much overlap. Poor ezecution of Edelgard and Claude. Dimitri is by far the best of the 3 and his house has the best synergy.

I think they made too many characters and since so many can be yanked to another house they have no impact on alternate routes. It goes so far with the expendablility of characters that the one time I had a permadeath, it took chapters to realize they weren't in cutscenes any more since the primary house cast is only really there for off-handed comments on the situation.

The only thing that makes me keep coming back is that I enjoy the battle systen's flexibility. Turning Edelgard into a Dancer+Yuri's relic is by far the most fun I've had on any Fire Emblem. But I have to limit myself to Maddening runs since now that I've taken it on once the lower difficulties, which were already easy comparably, are like playing Tic Tac Toe.

• Like 1

that was one thing about the game with recruiting others that depending on the characters it can feel pretty out of place.

a good friend of mine is a major FE fan, to the extent that he even played through all the older games that were never released in English. That said though, FE is going down the same road as the pkmn series for him, him also being a huge pkmn fan, but since the 3ds games X/Y and onward he hates what the series has become, the same for Fire Emblem. He liked Awakening well enough, but he doesn't like Fates or 3H's at all really, and struggles to push through 3H. One thing he refuses to do is recruit anyone outside of who the game gives him for each house, part of his reason being he feels like it cheapens things since that character would just be replaced by a no name NPC.

that was one thing with the game is outside of Paralogue missions it doesn't really feel like people you recruit are really there I guess, since the majority have no weight at all on the main story (which is kind of obvious since they want you to have to play the other houses for that). It was in my Golden Deer playthrough that I decided fuck it and recruited everyone, and it did feel very much out of character to have folks like Ingrid, Sylvain, and Felix with me and fighting against Dmitri, or having some folks from BE house with you against Edel. I still tend to rationalize it in head for the sake of making it work with the story. When it comes to the Alliance, it is a thing where half and half side with the Kingdom and the Empire, which could be used to justify some characters choosing to remain with you. Leonie I see following Byleth wherever since she idolizes his dad. When it comes to Annette and Merce, Merce is technically from the Empire so it could make sense for her to join Byleth, and since her and Annette are bffs, and Annette not wanting to have to fight her for her to join as well. As for Ashe, considering the church was responsible for his adoptive dad and brothers deaths, it would make sense for him to side with you in the BE route. As for the BE house, Bernadetta I can see easily siding with the professor on any house, especially considering it wasn't her choice to go there in the first place. Linhardt would likely go wherever he wanted, and as for Ferdinand, considering nobility is the entirety of his character and Edel strips away his family's status and etc, his father also being ousted and killed by a mob, I can see him siding against Edel.

17 hours ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

that was one thing about the game with recruiting others that depending on the characters it can feel pretty out of place.

a good friend of mine is a major FE fan, to the extent that he even played through all the older games that were never released in English. That said though, FE is going down the same road as the pkmn series for him, him also being a huge pkmn fan, but since the 3ds games X/Y and onward he hates what the series has become, the same for Fire Emblem. He liked Awakening well enough, but he doesn't like Fates or 3H's at all really, and struggles to push through 3H. One thing he refuses to do is recruit anyone outside of who the game gives him for each house, part of his reason being he feels like it cheapens things since that character would just be replaced by a no name NPC.

that was one thing with the game is outside of Paralogue missions it doesn't really feel like people you recruit are really there I guess, since the majority have no weight at all on the main story (which is kind of obvious since they want you to have to play the other houses for that). It was in my Golden Deer playthrough that I decided fuck it and recruited everyone, and it did feel very much out of character to have folks like Ingrid, Sylvain, and Felix with me and fighting against Dmitri, or having some folks from BE house with you against Edel. I still tend to rationalize it in head for the sake of making it work with the story. When it comes to the Alliance, it is a thing where half and half side with the Kingdom and the Empire, which could be used to justify some characters choosing to remain with you. Leonie I see following Byleth wherever since she idolizes his dad. When it comes to Annette and Merce, Merce is technically from the Empire so it could make sense for her to join Byleth, and since her and Annette are bffs, and Annette not wanting to have to fight her for her to join as well. As for Ashe, considering the church was responsible for his adoptive dad and brothers deaths, it would make sense for him to side with you in the BE route. As for the BE house, Bernadetta I can see easily siding with the professor on any house, especially considering it wasn't her choice to go there in the first place. Linhardt would likely go wherever he wanted, and as for Ferdinand, considering nobility is the entirety of his character and Edel strips away his family's status and etc, his father also being ousted and killed by a mob, I can see him siding against Edel.

That's what I've heard. I haven't played many FE games so I have enjoyed this one enough to keep messing around with, but it does have some janky storytelling because of the recruitments, character expendability, and lacking narrative. Like, Claude is "neutral" but opposes Edelgard in every single route, including BE. That's not what "neutral" means.

Mercedes makes more sense than most as far as siding with BE goes. 

Spoiler

Jeritza/Death Knight is a BE-exclusive DLC. He's Mercedes' brother.

But yeah, there's a lot of good in the story - it's just regularly hampered by minor things that accumulate.

On 4/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, Distinct Lunatic said:

The hardships of an alpha male?

That said though, Bernadetta and Hilda are best girls.

Hilda and Catherine

Hilda is that sexy, legal age teenage party woman with very low moral standards that every young man dreams about who can fulfill your fantasies and then go off and do promiscuous things and have you texting her 10 times in a row with no response while she's out hooking up with other guys.

And Catherine is that mature, 30+ year old woman who you can relate to because she's not doing all that naughty stuff and she's so sexy that once you build a rapport with her, you can have sex with her all the time, even though she smells like roast beef and benches almost as much as you do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ultima said:

Hilda and Catherine

Hilda is that sexy, legal age teenage party woman with very low moral standards that every young man dreams about who can fulfill your fantasies and then go off and do promiscuous things and have you texting her 10 times in a row with no response while she's out hooking up with other guys.

And Catherine is that mature, 30+ year old woman who you can relate to because she's not doing all that naughty stuff and she's so sexy that once you build a rapport with her, you can have sex with her all the time, even though she smells like roast beef and benches almost as much as you do. 

Annette > Shamir > Hilda > Catherine

Fite me bitch

45 minutes ago, Ultima said:

On an alpha male note, Seteth and Felix's A support. That sh-- hit town. I always try to get my mans Felix to marry Ingrid, Leonie, Catherine, or Shamir. He needs a hot girl.

I maxed Felix with all the chicks and he still went off with Sylvain in the end on my Blue Lions playthrough.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I maxed Felix with all the chicks and he still went off with Sylvain in the end on my Blue Lions playthrough.

That's the ga.. I mean that's the dumbest outcome. They try to make Felix into an incel who can't get the girls in the game when he's actually one of the more badass characters. The incels are really Ashe and Ignatz. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, SwimModSponges said:

Edi from mass effect was the best lady in the game but she was off limits.

Tali was almost as good. 

Tali was so cute and sweet and those hips o.o I like her the most when I play male Shepard but when I play lady Shepard, Liara's my favorite out of the women 

On 4/18/2020 at 6:27 PM, Ultima said:

You’re the hero that we don’t deserve. God speed, my friend. God speed. 

• Like 1

So I just started Fire Emblem: Three Houses and so far I'm enjoying it.  Manuela is bae because titty teacher is best.

Also I was searching to see if she was a marriage candidate in the game because I didn't want to get too attached only to find out she wasn't an option and WELP

marry search results.png

Fire Emblem Three Houses Manuela Tea Party Guide - FE3H Tea Time

Edited by GuyBeardmane
The answer to MY question is "yes," btw. Titty Teacher will be my waifu.