UnevenEdge

who's still working?

Distortedreasoning

where were at?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. are you still going to work?

• yes. this is america!
    • yes. i am an essential worker in these times of crisis.
    • yes but from home.
    • no. im lucky enough to get pto and self quarantine.
    • no. didnt have a job before the virus.
    • no. got let go.

I mean I guess my work in food production is sort of essential even if it's just flour products, but I'm also in the national guard, and my sergeants already asking for volunteers incase our battalion is activaed for disaster relief, and all that other jizz. Making sure you fools don't leave your filthy house maybe.. My house is actually dirty too, but whatever.  I wish I could afford a quarantine... mush be nice to have pto for this shit. 

Currently yes, my store is still open. We're watching the situation but going through business as usual for at least a sense of normalecy.  

But reworking next week's schedule with all the cuts to peoples' hours was brutal and horrible. Everyone there needs a paycheck. :( Hopefully that's the only week we have to do this sort of massive gutting. Unless the entire state says shut it down for x amount of time. That will be a whole different set of forms to deal with. -.-;

I should sleep to stave off a few typos.. zzz./ Wake me up when the Covidocalypse is over or what evs. Figures.. It's just my luck an epidemic would try to shut off the outside world right when a classy chick decides to hit me up. City officials just declared a pre-emptive state of emergency here...The statement I read just said no public gatherings of more than 10 people will be authorized, and public eating facilities .. fuck this... It's a wall of of text..The whole statement anyway. 

• The use of the public eating and drinking areas and facilities at restaurants, bars retail eating establishments and food courts and visiting gyms or massage parlors is prohibited; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup or delivery services of restaurants, retail eating establishments and food courts food courts is permitted and highly encouraged during the term of this Declaration. 

Do we even have food courts.. Define food courts.. Other than a Mcdonalds in a walmart I can't think of anything tlike that around here.. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Fuck it I was going to try to be vague with my location, but meh..

In light of the situations posed by COVID-19 in Texas and across the United States, Mayor Wendell Dunlap and Hale County Judge David Mull issued emergency declarations for the City of Plainview and the County of Hale, respectively. Pursuant to §418.108(a) of the Texas Government Code A, a mayor or county judge can declare a local state of disaster and public health emergency.

Highlights of the Declaration:
• Limits the size of all social gatherings to no more than ten (10) people and mandates the cancellation of all such social gatherings with more than ten (10) people.

• The use of the public eating and drinking areas and facilities at restaurants, bars retail eating establishments and food courts and visiting gyms or massage parlors is prohibited; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup or delivery services of restaurants, retail eating establishments and food courts food courts is permitted and highly encouraged during the term of this Declaration.

• the limitation on the size of social gatherings applies to any event that brings together, or is likely to bring together, ten (10) or more persons at the same time in a single room or other single confined or enclosed space, such as, and without limitation, any auditorium, theatre, stadium (indoor or outdoor), arena or event center, meeting hall, Plainview Civic Center, conference center, cafeteria, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space; provided, however, it does NOT apply to the following:
(a) public or private schools;
(b) licensed day care facilities
(c) weddings and funerals;
(d) museums (so long as visitors are generally not within arm's length of one another for extended periods);
(e) spaces where 10 or more persons may be in transit or waiting for transit, such as bus stops;
(f) office space, hotels, or residential buildings;
(g) grocery stores, shopping malls, outdoor markets, or other retail establishments where large numbers of people are present but where it is unusual for them to be within arm's length of one another for extended periods;
(h) hospitals, medical facilities, and shelters; and
(i) jails and detention centers.

• The limitation on the size of social gatherings does not apply to places of worship but all such places of worship are highly encouraged to voluntarily comply with the limitations provided in this Declaration.

These declarations also put into action the city’s emergency management plan and opens the possibility of reimbursement by the federal and state governments.

“The City is taking steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our citizens,” said Mayor Wendell Dunlap. “We are grateful for our partnership with the County and their commitment to safety as well. We appreciate citizens patience as we navigate this ever-changing situation.”

“This declaration is necessary to activate our response system, it is not a cause for panic,” said Hale County Judge David Mull. “We are working with all local entities to ensure we doing everything we can to ensure the health of our community.”

So... idk. I think after recent covid escalations she's understandably redacted her eagerness to get together. I've been to tired to think of a counter plan the best option for us to hang out is probably at one of our houses.. Maybe mine. I don't even know her living situation yet I havent asked. Major cleaning to do before I'd ever let that happen though. 

I  guess city parks and outdoor recreational areas are still cool.. All that is nothing near as bad as some of you in major metropolitan areas I'm sure. My national guard center is in one of course so my physical attendance at drill this weekend was cancelled.. Peeps and superiors still blowing up my phone quite a bit about the situation though, and requesting info and sit. reps. :|

2 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I mean I guess my work in food production is sort of essential even if it's just flour products, but I'm also in the national guard, and my sergeants already asking for volunteers incase our battalion is activaed for disaster relief, and all that other jizz. Making sure you fools don't leave your filthy house maybe.. My house is actually dirty too, but whatever.  I wish I could afford a quarantine... mush be nice to have pto for this shit. 

i mean its bread, i'd consider that essential. 

we are gonna get put to the test real soon...

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Currently yes, my store is still open. We're watching the situation but going through business as usual for at least a sense of normalecy.  

But reworking next week's schedule with all the cuts to peoples' hours was brutal and horrible. Everyone there needs a paycheck. :( Hopefully that's the only week we have to do this sort of massive gutting. Unless the entire state says shut it down for x amount of time. That will be a whole different set of forms to deal with. -.-;

i know you'll get some bailout but from what i've seen it doesnt seem like it would be enough...

we still at the starting stages of this thing. 

Meh. It's... best to be prepared for a real test anyway.. I've followed this virus from the get go. The major problem is early detection is...fucking hard due to minimal early symptoms, and the fact that the incubation, and early phases of the viruses.. shit or whatever.. You know what I'm trying to say too trired to be all scientific..

EARLY SYMPTOMS ARE HARD TO DETECT. A lot of Covid-19 positive patients reported experiencing no symptoms at all until the virus took over their respiratory system (lungs etc) looking at the virus from a global perspective.. IE ...

"I CAN'T BREAF.. OMG I'M GOING TO DIE CALL A DOCTOR"

Silver Linings are vaccines are being tested... Not sure on those details, and also.. As long as you make it to medical care before breathing becomes too hard due to the virus pretty much gang banging your respiratory system.. Death is highly unlikely (supposingly)... Late stage patients require respirators, and a watchful eye though..

If that shit's true how did it kill that chinese doctor who knew he was dealing with a sars cousin.. I saw video oand pictures of him with what looked liked a respirator/ respiratory aid equipment.. SMH, 

My workplace is shut down, but I get paid.

Still worried, as I don't know how long this is going to last, and the company cannot pay me forever. I got this job after being laid off for three months too, last year. I don't want to go on a job search for a very long time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I  guess city parks and outdoor recreational areas are still cool.. All that is nothing near as bad as some of you in major metropolitan areas I'm sure. My national guard center is in one of course so my physical attendance at drill this weekend was cancelled.. Peeps and superiors still blowing up my phone quite a bit about the situation though, and requesting info and sit. reps. :|

get some sleep. 

as for the girl? it would probably be a bit harder to plan stuff but should still be good. 

7 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

My workplace is shut down, but I get paid.

Still worried, as I don't know how long this is going to last, and the company cannot pay me forever. I got this job after being laid off for three months too, last year. I don't want to go on a job search for a very long time.

im worried too. similar situation except i am getting close to my 1 year anniversary. 

as of right now the plant still open at a reduced capacity but i will be going to work when my week starts. problem is the recession will bring down the demand for our product which means less machines running, less people needed, and layoffs coming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

get some sleep. 

as for the girl? it would probably be a bit harder to plan stuff but should still be good. 

Meh I'm cool honestly.. I slept for like almost 12 hrs the day before yesterday.. Like I said the physical demands of going back to factory work just have me acting like a bitch. 😆

• Like 1

I work retail so I still have a job.  My older brother works as a dishwasher.  He technically still has a job but they really don't need him right now so he filed for unemployment.  My younger brother got laid off from Spirit but that was Boeing's fault.  He was waiting after his cruise to get a new job but I have to wonder if that's still going to happen.

Edited by Sieg67

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

pharmacy is essential.

Yep...and I’m so tired...and I cry on the way to work trying in vain to prepare myself for battle then angry scream on my way home...

they have provided us nothing to protect ourselves...we stole product off the shelves prior to the mass hysteria just to try to stay sanitary.

people won’t stay the fuck home or just use the drive thru. They sit there In the waiting room and expect me to fill there god damn NON ESSENTIAL prescriptions In 10 minutes...while my work load has gone up 25%...

the company has not given us more hours, they keep cutting them...I just lost my other senior tech due to COVID...my chest hurts and I’ve been coughing myself...and THEN...as to make things better with staff morale they send us a note that says “hey sorry about this...but hey...we’ll let you wear jeans instead of your scrubs”...

yeah...

fuck EVERYTHING

• Sad 3

Oh I guess physical attendance at drill this weekend is.. optional provided that if you don't show you do some shit online.. I probably shouldn't even post this shit it's just as a prior active duty soldier national guard protocol leaves me feeling SMH a lot. :|

1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

I work retail so I still have a job.  My older brother works as a dishwasher.  He technically still has a job but they really don't need him right now so he filed for unemployment.  My younger brother got laid off from Spirit but that was Boeing's fault.  He was waiting after his cruise to get a new job but I have to wonder if that's still going to happen.

retail is probably gonna be mass layoffs due to people not spending. 

23 minutes ago, Still Me said:

Yep...and I’m so tired...and I cry on the way to work trying in vain to prepare myself for battle then angry scream on my way home...

they have provided us nothing to protect ourselves...we stole product off the shelves prior to the mass hysteria just to try to stay sanitary.

people won’t stay the fuck home or just use the drive thru. They sit there In the waiting room and expect me to fill there god damn NON ESSENTIAL prescriptions In 10 minutes...while my work load has gone up 25%...

the company has not given us more hours, they keep cutting them...I just lost my other senior tech due to COVID...my chest hurts and I’ve been coughing myself...and THEN...as to make things better with staff morale they send us a note that says “hey sorry about this...but hey...we’ll let you wear jeans instead of your scrubs”...

yeah...

fuck EVERYTHING

holy shit thats awful. 

i been hoping they give the quarantine order soon, most of us shouldnt really be out. i felt bad my last week going to work since theres a lot of people. we need to quarantine.

We're still working, but no longer over state line and there isn't a whole lot going on locally that we are needed on site unless it's an emergency, which keeps us on call. We've mostly been doing real inventory and catching up on some much needed paperwork.....Mostly home.

I'm under contract so I'm good until July and I hope this is all over by then.  We were bought out by a larger entity back in 2017, so we aren't privy to information like we used to be....Anything can happen I guess, but I refuse to worry about that right now.....Only thing on my mind is keeping the kids healthy, and my son is already getting to the point where he's annoying and keep asking can other kids come over and spend the night since there is no school.....Like he literally is ignoring me every single time I tell him no one is coming over because i don't know what they may have.  I mean it's fucked up because this IS their Spring break, but he's gonna have to suck it up.

My daughter is largely reclusive like me, so other than me being concerned that she's running out of shit to watch and she doesn't get to do book club or art classes currently. she seems fine.

6 minutes ago, Radical Left said:

my son is already getting to the point where he's annoying and keep asking can other kids come over and spend the night since there is no school.....Like he literally is ignoring me every single time I tell him no one is coming over because i don't know what they may have.  I mean it's fucked up because this IS their Spring break, but he's gonna have to suck it up.

Get him a cheap pothos plant aka devil's ivy from the grocery store floral department and follow a tutorial to take some cuttings from it and get that thing growing in your tank. Something cool to watch grow roots while he's home from school the next however many months and the betta will love it. Maybe snag some cheap fish from the pet store if they're not closed yet. (I'm assuming you at least have a 10 gallon but idr)

18 minutes ago, Radical Left said:

We're still working, but no longer over state line and there isn't a whole lot going on locally that we are needed on site unless it's an emergency, which keeps us on call. We've mostly been doing real inventory and catching up on some much needed paperwork.....Mostly home.

I'm under contract so I'm good until July and I hope this is all over by then.  We were bought out by a larger entity back in 2017, so we aren't privy to information like we used to be....Anything can happen I guess, but I refuse to worry about that right now.....Only thing on my mind is keeping the kids healthy, and my son is already getting to the point where he's annoying and keep asking can other kids come over and spend the night since there is no school.....Like he literally is ignoring me every single time I tell him no one is coming over because i don't know what they may have.  I mean it's fucked up because this IS their Spring break, but he's gonna have to suck it up.

My daughter is largely reclusive like me, so other than me being concerned that she's running out of shit to watch and she doesn't get to do book club or art classes currently. she seems fine.

i think china did 2 months of full on quarantine. we should be following suit but who knows whats the plan here.  looking like lot of us still out there and congregating as if this thing doesnt exist when people should be staying home. 

Edited by Distortedreasoning

31 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

holy shit thats awful. 

i been hoping they give the quarantine order soon, most of us shouldnt really be out. i felt bad my last week going to work since theres a lot of people. we need to quarantine.

It wouldn’t matter...grocery stores would have to stay open to give people access to food and pharmacies stay open to provide life saving drug flow

7 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i think china did 2 months of full on quarantine. we should be following suit but who knows whats the plan here.  looking like lot of us still out there and congregating as if this thing doesnt exist when people should be staying home. 

So far, OK hasn't really put any real orders in action....Everyone just seems to be making their own rules so far.....I've even said on a couple of other sites (maybe this one, don't remember) that our bowling alley was packed yesterday....So people are still collecting in large numbers here.

We have a few confirmed cases in our larger areas, and I "think" we had our first in state death today (I seriously don't look for shit like that) but it seems so far, there are no cases in this county or the next one South....Seems they are all North of us, but we are on the TX border, so no telling what will creep over.

Edited by Radical Left

11 minutes ago, Radical Left said:

So far, OK hasn't really put any real orders in action....Everyone just seems to be making their own rules so far.....I've even said on a couple of other sites (maybe this one, don't remember) that our bowling alley was packed yesterday....So people are still collecting in large numbers here.

We have a few confirmed cases in our larger areas, and I "think" we had our first in state death today (I seriously don't look for shit like that" but it seems so far, there are no cases in this county or the next one South....Seems they are all North of us, but we are on the TX border, so no telling what will creep over.

i guess a big advantage is population out west is much less dense than on the east but still gotta think this thing can reach all of us. 

• Like 1