UnevenEdge

Coronavirus Affects On Anime

The1gairon

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jman said:

One Piece is on hiatus.

Shit has gotten real.

But apparently they still had time and animators available to produce a PSA about the virus. That was probably the last thing they made.

... has the One Piece anime ever gone on a break before?

American companies are finding ways for dub actors to do their job at their homes and they already completed a few episodes. The Japanese may not be too willing to do the same as their way of recording actors is through all of them sharing the same studio space where they cannot wear masks, and it's been that way for decades.

10 hours ago, Chapinator-800 said:

We might have lost an earlier release for Evangelion 4, Re;Zero 2, and Butt Detective, but at least the live action remake of Eizouken with supermodels was delayed. 

Let's be honest here. Evangelion 4.0: You Can (Not) Premier was gonna get delayed again anyway.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2020 at 9:38 AM, elfie said:

With Japan's recent lockdown, I think MANY things of value are lost. Expect a ton more announcements of delayed anime to be made in the coming months.

not to mention video games....there's not much too look forward to this year...except more bad news of the corona virus killing more people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

not to mention video games....there's not much too look forward to this year...except more bad news of the corona virus killing more people

Which is ironic considering so many people have more time to play games now. Nintendo is even manufacturing like thousands of more Switches.

FYI, today it was announced that the second season of The Promised Neverland is delayed into 2021. .... they Promised!

Edited by elfie

Just now, elfie said:

Which is ironic considering so many people have more time to play games now. Nintendo is even manufacturing like thousands of more Switches.

doesn't matter how much time they have  if they can't even afford to buy anymore video games due to unemployment it's not a win for the industry

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, CountFrylock said:

Streets of Rage 4 out this week and we still got some big games coming like Xenoblade Definitive, The LAst of Us 2, and Ghosts of Tsushima.

The delay for me that hurts isn't anime or vidya game related, without this pandemic we should have been hearing about Cobra Kai season 3 by now.

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

let's hope that will actually come to be

So far it's worked in the monkeys they tested. They injected 500 people with it and 500 with a placebo, so we should find out within the next month if it worked. If it does work I'll have to find a good I was right dance gif. Not only of the time frame, but of how it would be an RNA genetic manipulation type as they inserted covid19 RNA into a dormant rhinovirus. Not an expert but damn do I have educated guesses based on past events. 

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

So far it's worked in the monkeys they tested. They injected 500 people with it and 500 with a placebo, so we should find out within the next month if it worked. If it does work I'll have to find a good I was right dance gif. Not only of the time frame, but of how it would be an RNA genetic manipulation type as they inserted covid19 RNA into a dormant rhinovirus. Not an expert but damn do I have educated guesses based on past events. 

Let's hope these experiments go better than the on in France for the drug Trump's been hailing as the miracle cure only to have doctors discover it's dangerous.

"Anime gives back! In collaboration with Sunrise and Mason Lieberman, we are thrilled to share this star-studded tribute to the gorgeous music of Yoko Kanno and Cowboy Bebop to benefit COVID-19 relief.

Featuring over forty special guests including Yoko Kanno herself, The Seatbelts, original cast members and a veritable who's-who of the modern game and anime industries, ALL PROCEEDS from this track will be donated to the CDC Foundation and Doctors without Borders (MSF) in support of the fight against COVID-19."

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Which one was that, the malaria+z pack meds or injecting bleach into your brain? 

I ain't no sucker, I opened up my body and exposed my internal organs to sunlight.

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, HardcoreHunter said:

Really I'm still waiting for killer bees

And it comes full circle. The real threat I had been waiting for has come like the wrath of god. Biding their time waiting for when people would forget about them, and focus on minor things like a world wild pandemic.  Killer fucking Bees Hornets!  Better pick up that phone because I called. Some may say HH, You've said that for years and they're an entirely different species. Your not an entomologist (bug expert); and I'm pretty sure you're story about bees was to show how the media fear-mongers the general public. To that I have to say; Yes I was right wasn't I. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EmpressAngel said:

Are your naysayers the ones using you're/your incorrectly in your fantasy here or is that just you?

Eye have know clue what U wood bee referring two.  Maybe save the grammar nazi for my posts that aren't oozing with satire because I was laying it on pretty thick. 

38 minutes ago, elfie said:

Have your optimistic projections for this virus changed in the past weeks?

There's Giant Wasps Man! Who wouldn't panic and lose sense of reason at a time like this! There is no overreaction only action in times like this, nukes are the best option, the deaths and fallout will be worth it in the long run. We can only hope that the neuclear winter from the fallout will kill them off rather than mutate them into Zombees that will infect people with a honeycombvid 19 virus turning them into zombies. I swear to fucking Christ syfy if you steal this idea like you did when me and my friend though of sharknado. Sure it was slightly different, but the plot of sharks being sucked into a tornado from the ocean was the same and mine was better because a dinosaur shows up at the end and attacks the survivors just when they think it's safe.  Why was there a dino? It gets explained in the squeal, duh. You have to have that squeal bait to try and force the studio into giving you more money. I also had a line of killer bee films planned that involved terrorists and a guy who may or may not be the real Elvis. Though then Bubba Hotept stole that idea of the real/fake Elvis. Also one of the squeals was going to be Zombees. After Killer Bees vs Giant Hornets. Which was going to have a cross over of a fire ant which is radio active from a previous film that survived the terrorists dirty bomb is munching on a dead killer bee, which brings it back to life as a zombee. I'm not saying that syfy should pay me a lot but they should pay me something for those gems. Though still we should take this serious as the chart shows here
vaOTz3ih.jpg

Seriously though, nope still pretty much the same. Two of the nurses I know even caught covid. One is my dads GFs son he was working at a hospital up in NY. He said he felt like shit, and it wasn't great to have but marked it as being like having a flu, but said that while it was bad he had felt worse catching other things in the past like swine flu, or when he caught west nile years back, but would put it in a top 5 of sucks to have caught. Also he's 31 and skinny build with no pre-existing health problems. covid is far worse to the elderly and people with lung and heart/immune issues, though that can be said with every flu so people should really be mindful of that every flu season, and not just when they're selfishly panicking about their own personal safety. The other was a girl who did say it was far worse for her anyway. She smokes and is more on the overweight side which may explain that.  I still think though we'll be looking at a fall vaccine release. 

Like I said back in march, we'll have a spike in cases when the lockdown is lifted. The governors have kind of fabricated their own problems though in why there is going to be a worse spike than I thought there would be back in march. That's because they're labeling counties by cases and ones in the red zone will still be under full lockdown. The issue is if one county over isn't in lockdown and a handful of counties surrounding it are in lockdown. Guess what is going to happen friday night when all the bored people who haven't been able to go to a bar or out for a night for 2 months are going to do? Here is a visual aid imagine the one on the couch being the county that has reopened while the others are in lockdown.
2a1.jpg

So it's going to get worse before it gets better, at least in reported cases and hopefully the hospitals accounted for stupid when stocking supplies. 
As for deaths its still pretty low considering in march everyone was telling me 3 million people would be dead by now worldwide. Lots of hype and panic. The only thing worse I have to hear is boomers crying about the economy, because now their money is at risk because young people working is how their SSI works. I guess what annoys me the most is just the selfish nature of a lot of the panic. If covid19 weren't sensationalized by the media then an overwhelming number of people would have given no fucks and just treated it like another flu season. They're only panicing because their self preservation kicked in and they began to question their mortality. Welcome to me catching the normal flu when I was 5, and being hospitalized for it because having bad lungs sucks, and every flu season is like covid 19 seasons for people with compromised health 2-4x a year. Then the Boomers who were saying fuck it and rolled the dice are now only caring because their govt checks are at risk and they're worried about what will happen to them.  Welcome to the life of the average millennial that is in debt, waiting for unemployment checks, and not knowing if they'll ever see SSI. Then there are the retards who want the quarantine to last till we have a vaccine. No it was to be till hospitals were supplied, I don't know why so many people thought it was stay home till it's fixed kinda thing. If everyone did the bare minimum and just isolated for a month or two we wouldn't need a vaccine. It didn't happen. Everyone went out for walks, hunt out with their friends, went shopping, hung out in stores, went to the park, went biking and on runs to post their route they took on facebook, used food services having people go to multiple homes increasing the chance of a spread. Then if we even get the vaccine, there are 45% of american who don't believe that they even work and will refuse to get them because they don't want autism. Sure on paper "I injected myself with a weakened virus, and you have to do it to or else mine won't work", sounds like something a crazy person might say. Though there is enough science to back it up that it's just how it works. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

There's Giant Wasps Man! Who wouldn't panic and lose sense of reason at a time like this! There is no overreaction only action in times like this, nukes are the best option, the deaths and fallout will be worth it in the long run. We can only hope that the neuclear winter from the fallout will kill them off rather than mutate them into Zombees that will infect people with a honeycombvid 19 virus turning them into zombies. I swear to fucking Christ syfy if you steal this idea like you did when me and my friend though of sharknado. Sure it was slightly different, but the plot of sharks being sucked into a tornado from the ocean was the same and mine was better because a dinosaur shows up at the end and attacks the survivors just when they think it's safe.  Why was there a dino? It gets explained in the squeal, duh. You have to have that squeal bait to try and force the studio into giving you more money. I also had a line of killer bee films planned that involved terrorists and a guy who may or may not be the real Elvis. Though then Bubba Hotept stole that idea of the real/fake Elvis. Also one of the squeals was going to be Zombees. After Killer Bees vs Giant Hornets. Which was going to have a cross over of a fire ant which is radio active from a previous film that survived the terrorists dirty bomb is munching on a dead killer bee, which brings it back to life as a zombee. I'm not saying that syfy should pay me a lot but they should pay me something for those gems. Though still we should take this serious as the chart shows here
vaOTz3ih.jpg

Seriously though, nope still pretty much the same. Two of the nurses I know even caught covid. One is my dads GFs son he was working at a hospital up in NY. He said he felt like shit, and it wasn't great to have but marked it as being like having a flu, but said that while it was bad he had felt worse catching other things in the past like swine flu, or when he caught west nile years back, but would put it in a top 5 of sucks to have caught. Also he's 31 and skinny build with no pre-existing health problems. covid is far worse to the elderly and people with lung and heart/immune issues, though that can be said with every flu so people should really be mindful of that every flu season, and not just when they're selfishly panicking about their own personal safety. The other was a girl who did say it was far worse for her anyway. She smokes and is more on the overweight side which may explain that.  I still think though we'll be looking at a fall vaccine release. 

Like I said back in march, we'll have a spike in cases when the lockdown is lifted. The governors have kind of fabricated their own problems though in why there is going to be a worse spike than I thought there would be back in march. That's because they're labeling counties by cases and ones in the red zone will still be under full lockdown. The issue is if one county over isn't in lockdown and a handful of counties surrounding it are in lockdown. Guess what is going to happen friday night when all the bored people who haven't been able to go to a bar or out for a night for 2 months are going to do? Here is a visual aid imagine the one on the couch being the county that has reopened while the others are in lockdown.
2a1.jpg

So it's going to get worse before it gets better, at least in reported cases and hopefully the hospitals accounted for stupid when stocking supplies. 
As for deaths its still pretty low considering in march everyone was telling me 3 million people would be dead by now worldwide. Lots of hype and panic. The only thing worse I have to hear is boomers crying about the economy, because now their money is at risk because young people working is how their SSI works. I guess what annoys me the most is just the selfish nature of a lot of the panic. If covid19 weren't sensationalized by the media then an overwhelming number of people would have given no fucks and just treated it like another flu season. They're only panicing because their self preservation kicked in and they began to question their mortality. Welcome to me catching the normal flu when I was 5, and being hospitalized for it because having bad lungs sucks, and every flu season is like covid 19 seasons for people with compromised health 2-4x a year. Then the Boomers who were saying fuck it and rolled the dice are now only caring because their govt checks are at risk and they're worried about what will happen to them.  Welcome to the life of the average millennial that is in debt, waiting for unemployment checks, and not knowing if they'll ever see SSI. Then there are the retards who want the quarantine to last till we have a vaccine. No it was to be till hospitals were supplied, I don't know why so many people thought it was stay home till it's fixed kinda thing. If everyone did the bare minimum and just isolated for a month or two we wouldn't need a vaccine. It didn't happen. Everyone went out for walks, hunt out with their friends, went shopping, hung out in stores, went to the park, went biking and on runs to post their route they took on facebook, used food services having people go to multiple homes increasing the chance of a spread. Then if we even get the vaccine, there are 45% of american who don't believe that they even work and will refuse to get them because they don't want autism. Sure on paper "I injected myself with a weakened virus, and you have to do it to or else mine won't work", sounds like something a crazy person might say. Though there is enough science to back it up that it's just how it works. 

So, good, then?

So from retard to millennial, I'm kind of in the middle. On the one hand I do want to keep myself alive and by doing that staying home is most effective right now for a few or several more months this year, but on the other hand, I know this quarantine can't last until we have a vaccine. That's ridiculous! The economy would go straight to 0% in a year, and a vaccine takes months more to just mass-produce quickly. People forget how long it took to get a flu vaccine distributed worldwide every single year to get to this point. What's more plausible is some other less effective treatment coming sooner than that, like a antibody or another drug.

Edited by elfie