UnevenEdge

Coronavirus Affects On Anime

The1gairon

On 5/4/2020 at 11:46 PM, elfie said:

So, good, then?

So from retard to millennial, I'm kind of in the middle. On the one hand I do want to keep myself alive and by doing that staying home is most effective right now for a few or several more months this year, but on the other hand, I know this quarantine can't last until we have a vaccine. That's ridiculous! The economy would go straight to 0% in a year, and a vaccine takes months more to just mass-produce quickly. People forget how long it took to get a flu vaccine distributed worldwide every single year to get to this point. What's more plausible is some other less effective treatment coming sooner than that, like a antibody or another drug.

less effective treatment is prednisone and treating it like the flu. It's a waste of money and resources to really try and distribute a psuedo treatment. It also would give a sense of false invincibility. Despite what people think a vaccine doesn't make you immune. It makes your resistant. Your body is still going to be fighting the virus if you catch it, it's just far better at it now than it would have been without the vaccine. I could see people taking something that doesn't fully work then go back to awareness abandon thinking they're safe.  

Really I think this mask thing has gone on long enough. It doesn't prevent catching the virus. Old people aren't wearing them half the time because their glasses get fogged up, or they have trouble breathing. Idiots are crashing their cars because they hyperventilate while driving and wearing them. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

less effective treatment is prednisone and treating it like the flu. It's a waste of money and resources to really try and distribute a psuedo treatment. It also would give a sense of false invincibility. Despite what people think a vaccine doesn't make you immune. It makes your resistant. Your body is still going to be fighting the virus if you catch it, it's just far better at it now than it would have been without the vaccine. I could see people taking something that doesn't fully work then go back to awareness abandon thinking they're safe.  

Really I think this mask thing has gone on long enough. It doesn't prevent catching the virus. Old people aren't wearing them half the time because their glasses get fogged up, or they have trouble breathing. Idiots are crashing their cars because they hyperventilate while driving and wearing them. 

People wonder why China, New Zealand, etc, have all seemingly conquered the virus. It seems like it's not because their leaders were more capable, but because the virus mutated after spreading around in those countries, and the United States and most of Europe is dealing with the version that is more contagious.

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

People wonder why China, New Zealand, etc, have all seemingly conquered the virus. It seems like it's not because their leaders were more capable, but because the virus mutated after spreading around in those countries, and the United States and most of Europe is dealing with the version that is more contagious.

That sounds kinda like bullshit. I feel that china just didn't report proper numbers. NZ is a very small country 4.7 million people. Pop density is like 8 people per square mile. Far less people and grater distances for it to spread.  Italy and Europe have it bad because they're often packed together and fill out the board for highest elderly populations. Japan hasn't gotten hit too bad yet because their country already has instilled good hygienic practices and clean facilities. 

elders.JPG