UnevenEdge

Boruto taking a break per Demarco

saito34

7 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I lol’d

This really is odd. They keep Shippuden on but don’t renew Boruto after just a year.

I don’t think they chose between DBS reruns and Boruto but this schedule is getting weird.

yeah if it was me I'd dump Shipp instead and keep boruto

i mean honestly it will be several more years before shipp concludes it's toonami run and that's if toonami's still around by then

it's also a lot older than boruto and so the dubbed episodes aren't really that new or exciting to see as opposed to boruto which is far more recent

it doesn't make sense to kick that out and keep the one that most people probably leave on as background noise

Edited by CountFrylock

6 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

just when boruto was about to get good...this happens

someone theorized that viz media has slowed down on dubbing episodes and that's why we're in this position

Hmmm. That theory does seem like at a least a possibility. 

The third blu-ray set that includes up to ep 39 has a release date of just this week and we're already at ep 50 here on Toonami. And so far there's been 3 months between each set, so then the ep 40-51 set should be in January. So even if they've obviously probably still dubbed somewhat ahead of this I could see us having caught up a bit depending on how much further ahead they are.

That would make more sense for why this one despite it being newer.

Edited by DangerMouse

2 things

1. Apparently Viz isn't even dubbing the show past the episode that would have aired this week

2. Demarco straight up says they're not renewing Boruto

so yeah.....not only is it's run on toonami cancelled, it's entire goddamn license in America in general might have been cancelled

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmmm. That theory does seem like at a least a possibility. 

The third blu-ray set that includes up to ep 39 has a release date of just this week and we're already at ep 50 here on Toonami. And so far there's been 3 months between each set, so then the ep 40-51 set should be in January. So even if they've obviously probably still dubbed somewhat ahead of this I could see us having caught up a bit depending on how much further ahead they are.

That would make more sense for why this one despite it being newer.

Wtf.  This isn't the 90s or early-to-mid-2000s of dubbing.  Other shows have simuldubs, even on the same day.  I can't believe it's a case of Viz couldn't dub that far ahead...

21 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Wtf.  This isn't the 90s or early-to-mid-2000s of dubbing.  Other shows have simuldubs, even on the same day.  I can't believe it's a case of Viz couldn't dub that far ahead...

You're right, I think they're farther ahead and we just don't really have any idea how far ahead they are. I just meant it's possible that they could have slowed down a bit from the speed they were going at to get however far they've gotten so far (which only Viz knows)

I don't think Viz has ever simuldubbed yet though so it makes sense that they're atleast somewhat behind the Japanese broadcast. But there's still a lot of eps between ep 50 and whatever they've dubbed up to so far.

Edited by DangerMouse

8 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

yeah if it was me I'd dump Shipp instead and keep boruto

i mean honestly it will be several more years before shipp concludes it's toonami run and that's if toonami's still around by then

it's also a lot older than boruto and so the dubbed episodes aren't really that new or exciting to see as opposed to boruto which is far more recent

it doesn't make sense to kick that out and keep the one that most people probably leave on as background noise

Yeah the show that is years and hundreds of episodes and years behind that most anyone who cared has already seen, they keep, but they get rid of the new, freshly dubbed show.  Lol.

54 minutes ago, mochi said:

2 things

1. Apparently Viz isn't even dubbing the show past the episode that would have aired this week

2. Demarco straight up says they're not renewing Boruto

so yeah.....not only is it's run on toonami cancelled, it's entire goddamn license in America in general might have been cancelled

Huh?

1. No way, Viz ain't stopping dub work this show of all things lol. This would be like the last show they'd do that on.

2. Demarco also says he's sure "it'll be back" which is something he doesn't usually do.

No chance in hell the entire license is cancelled, lmao.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

You're right, I think they're farther ahead and we just don't really have any idea how far ahead they are. I just meant it's possible that they could have slowed down a bit from the speed they were going at to get however far they've gotten so far (which only Viz knows)

I don't think Viz has ever simuldubbed yet though so it makes sense that they're atleast somewhat behind the Japanese broadcast. But there's still a lot of eps between ep 50 and what they are up to.

Why would they slow down, though?

Most other studios have quick turnarounds these days.  Viz isn't really that stuck in the past, are they?

What episodes are they up to?

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Huh?

1. No way, Viz ain't stopping dub work this show of all things lol. This would be like the last show they'd do that on.

2. Demarco also says he's sure "it'll be back" which is something he doesn't usually do.

No chance in hell the entire license is cancelled, lmao.

1. For all we know Boruto may not even be doing well for them.  Do we have any idea on sales numbers or streaming figures?  And if it were doing so well for Toonami, they wouldn't cut it loose like they did.

2. The way Demarco worded that reminded me of a parent promising their kid they'll get them the thing they wanted "next time."  That didn't sound very promising lmao.

I would laugh my ass off if it was though. :D

Just now, ben0119 said:

Why would they slow down, though?

Most other studios have quick turnarounds these days.  Viz isn't really that stuck in the past, are they?

What episodes are they up to?

Of course not. They're clearly getting faster, Boruto (with Studiopolis) is their fastest turnaround yet I think.

But they also aren't quite doing simuldubs yet, probably since they don't dub in-house, since they didn't really start releasing dubbed Boruto until the Japanese airing got quite a bit ahead, unlike the 2-3 weeks of a Funi simuldub, so I was just theorizing that maybe actor schedules for recording the show weren't originally scheduled like a simuldub with no breaks in production between 12 or 24 ep chunks of show (since Boruto doesn't have traditional season breaks it's just kind of endless).

It was just hypothetical since CountFrylock mentioned some people were theorizing that there might have been some slowdown in production, so I was trying to think of how that might happen. But maybe they actually haven't slowed down at all, it was just theorizing.

Either way, depending upon how many eps ahead they'd already dubbed beyond last week's Toonami ep they've likely been working quite fast on this (it seems considerably faster than usual for a Viz dub) and if it had kept airing and the buffer was big enough we wouldn't have even known about any short production schedule breaks even if there were any lol.

It looks like episode 127 airs in Japan today/tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Clearly you have no idea how long the 4th Great Ninja War really is in terms of episodes.

it truly is insane....i doubt anyone would really blame toonami if they just removed shipp considering that's a spot locked down for several more years and on a show that's really old news at this point

• Like 1

Wait. People are actually defending Boruto? Show's been bottom of the barrel since day one. The Naruto connection isn't nearly enough to bring this up to something worth having on this late night block. Naruto barely fits as it is, but at least it can hold interest when it's not just goofing off. I'd be a lot less upset to consider Naruto the worst thing on the block. Boruto can come back when it hits its own Shippuden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • D'oh 1

6 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Wait. People are actually defending Boruto? Show's been bottom of the barrel since day one. The Naruto connection isn't nearly enough to bring this up to something worth having on this late night block. Naruto barely fits as it is, but at least it can hold interest when it's not just goofing off. I'd be a lot less upset to consider Naruto the worst thing on the block. Boruto can come back when it hits its own Shippuden.

There's some people here that just like everything =P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

I genuinely think that Boruto has been more entertaining than at least parts of Naruto. He's faaaar less insufferable than Naruto was at his age, at the very least. 

I mean. I guess I can't really refute that. But. At the same time. Original Naruto got cut from the block pretty quick once Shippuden came on the scene. Original is plenty awful. Being a little better than that is still kinda awful. It's felt the same level of "kids'show" as the original, which never felt like it belonged on the block. Shippuden doesn't totally stand out, at least for me.

Idk, man. It's tolerable. If it were anywhere but Toonami, I might've not minded. But it's felt out of place ever since it started. C'mon. Can we at least stick to shows where the main character(s) have hit/passed puberty at least?

• Haha 1

It's never really felt like Boruto earned its place on the block. It came at a time when Toonami was more concerned with future-proofing, wanted any long-running shonen they could get, and then Viz gave this one to them probably for a good price. I also remember hearing there was no reaction whatsoever at the live Pre-Flight panel they announced it at, which is hilariously damning. They could bring it back once they can't air JoJo's anymore, or if Food Wars! is starting to run out of episodes, but with the middling ratings it's gotten and the full-throated apathy Toonami fandom has given to it, it will probably be dead weight no matter the circumstance. And is that a shame? If you like Naruto, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I mean. I guess I can't really refute that. But. At the same time. Original Naruto got cut from the block pretty quick once Shippuden came on the scene. Original is plenty awful. Being a little better than that is still kinda awful. It's felt the same level of "kids'show" as the original, which never felt like it belonged on the block. Shippuden doesn't totally stand out, at least for me.

Idk, man. It's tolerable. If it were anywhere but Toonami, I might've not minded. But it's felt out of place ever since it started. C'mon. Can we at least stick to shows where the main character(s) have hit/passed puberty at least?

Stay tuned for the prequel... SPERMRUTO.

Can Spermruto fend off millions of able challengers to become the spermkage? Only time and 500 episodes will tell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

if boruto is gone too long i can see fans just watching it somewhere else online....and when it does come back those people just won't be interested anymore cause they've already seen it

How is that different from their other shows?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jman said:

How is that different from their other shows?

they usually have dub premieres and if a dub can be found elsewhere and it isn't on toonami for an extended period of time why bother?

not everyone wants to watch the subs especially if the subs are a little iffy in some regards

On 10/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, Top Gun said:

I genuinely think that Boruto has been more entertaining than at least parts of Naruto. He's faaaar less insufferable than Naruto was at his age, at the very least. 

Well Boruto has a thing where he is tsundere for his dad, and the idea seems to be start off Boruto as kind of a little shit and then improve him as a person as the show goes along.  It is better in a lot of ways.  The writing is better, too.  And the girls aren't so incompetent in this show.  But at the end of the day, it still has the Naruto baggage, which holds it back to some extent.  I would say the whole thing about it being a spoiler for Shippuden, which it is, but the same thing happened with Dragon Ball and DBZ back in the day, and we didn't seem to mind.  Dragon Ball is just so much better than Naruto in general, though.  But with Boruto, I don't really care about the spoilers because how far the Shippuden story has declined in quality.  Either way, I could take or leave the show on the block.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:32 PM, Top Gun said:

I just think it's a shame because I don't want to be assed to watch it on my own time. 

Well, no one is putting a kunai to your head. :P