UnevenEdge

Any weird house rules growing up?

fuggstop

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/weird-rules-people-followed-growing-up-reddit?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&ref=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&fbclid=IwAR30jA2vCTCCcxg6XICUBC5_n_Uw2fXKmytT4mo0WZSv5xuJisGApw09-7o

My parents pretty much let us raise ourselves but my parents spilt up and my mom moved in with my Grandma. Rules were weird with her.

1. We had to clean the house top to bottom (just us kids) everyday before Grandma got home from dialysis.

2. During storms we had to cut all electronics off..sit in one room with the lights off and be quiet until the storm was over. I was a bookworm and my grandma even tried to stop me from READING with a booklight with its own battery. She said "stop reading during the Lord's work". One of my few times disobeying her because i knew God didnt mind me quietly reading in the fucking dark lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, midnight said:

God doesn’t like disobedient children. That’s why your mom is punished with you living with her.

Also, no sticking your dick in the mayonnaise jar. 

I was paying all her bills anyway. Also i couldn't trust my baby being in daycare . I had a huge 2 bedroom apartment and a great paying job i left to move in here so i didn't have to worry abt people hurting my kid again so fuck off or answer the question 

Just now, fuggstop said:

I was paying all her bills anyway. Also i couldn't trust my baby being in daycare . I had a huge 2 bedroom apartment and a great paying job i left to move in here so i didn't have to worry abt people hurting my kid again so fuck off or answer the question 

I did answer the question, stupid.

4 minutes ago, CryingFreeman said:

Oh ok...this all makes sense now....You are all just a family of sorry bitches waiting on the matriarch to die.

Ok so i get it. You come from a family of losers with no property to pass down to their family.

My grandmother raised my brother and she left him this house. Anyone in our family can stay here if they want. 

Ill move out once Madison is old enough to look after herself because id rather live in a nice apartment again.

3 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Ok so i get it. You come from a family of losers with no property to pass down to their family.

My grandmother raised my brother and she left him this house. Anyone in our family can stay here if they want. 

Ill move out once Madison is old enough to look after herself because id rather live in a nice apartment again.

Fake fatmentia news...Try again....Not only to I own property that's been passed down, I have acquired my own. Give Madison my son's number....Because that the one you have and keep trying to send bullshit texts to....She may need somewhere to stay after the beetus gets you. 

11 minutes ago, CryingFreeman said:

Fake fatmentia news...Try again....Not only to I own property that's been passed down, I have acquired my own. Give Madison my son's number....Because that the one you have and keep trying to send bullshit texts to....She may need somewhere to stay after the beetus gets you. 

Thats a multi talented triple threat..artist/singer/ model...your son will hang her stuff on his daddy's walls. We might let him work security or drive us to venue's. 

2 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Thats a multi talented triple threat..artist/singer/ model...your son will hang her stuff on his daddy's walls. We might let him work security or drive us to venue's. 

She's retarded and will need someone to take care of her...You can't get out of SC....My son has already lived in more states than you. And has property in 2 of them.

Your daughter at most might get to live in that tear down that your family has kept up for....How many years now?

@Poof question mark....You got me, bitch

5 minutes ago, CryingFreeman said:

She's retarded and will need someone to take care of her...You can't get out of SC....My son has already lived in more states than you. And has property in 2 of them.

Your daughter at most might get to live in that tear down that your family has kept up for....How many years now?

Dont compare you lil c and d regular grade level normies to my Ap honor roll student. Youll all be rolling each others blunts while my daughter graduates with honors and goes to art school in NY. Wait.

3 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

Dont compare you lil c and d regular grade level normies to my Ap honor roll student. Youll all be rolling each others blunts while my daughter graduates with honors and goes to art school in NY. Wait.

LOL, you had to go get that dummy a grade....Shut up

• Haha 1

Just now, CryingFreeman said:

LOL, you had to go get that dummy a grade....Shut up

One grade out of like a 100. And she did the work..i didnt "get her" the grade. Plus that was like 1st semester..shes gotten honor roll TWICE since then

8 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

One grade out of like a 100. And she did the work..i didnt "get her" the grade. Plus that was like 1st semester..shes gotten honor roll TWICE since then

Cool cool....We didn't get any threads about that, but I'm sure it happened.

1 hour ago, CryingFreeman said:

55 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

It's a tie.

1 hour ago, fuggstop said:

She's an AP student in SC, which is ranked 40th in the country in education quality and 46th in safety. Although I'm sure Madison is bright, that kind of system will neither bring out her full potential nor provide her with an environment that allows her to fully challenge herself.

You want fancy NY art schools or whatever, you need to move. Her being bright is not enough.

source:https://www.forbes.com/sites/reneemorad/2018/07/31/states-with-the-best-public-school-systems/#790fa7913897

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

When riding bikes, we had to go the opposite way of traffic.

Because if you're biking and a car is behind you and they don't see you, you will be hit.

If you're going the opposite way, you will be able to see the cars coming. 

I'm sorry, but this is horrible. 

Anyway, off the top of my head, my mom wouldn't let me watch MTV throughout my entire childhood and adolescence. I still did behind her back, though.

She also wouldn't let us have any rap music in the house. This didn't affect (effect?) me, but it did my brother.

Once my brother and I had amassed three video game consoles (NES, SNES, and N64), my mom wouldn't let us get any more unless we got rid of one, because we "already had too many video games." That might not seem weird, but she wouldn't even let us have any more even if my brother and I paid for it ourselves. My brother and I both wanted a Playstation, but neither of us wanted to get rid of any of our Nintendos, so we never had any Playstations growing up. By the time the Game Cube came out, I had pretty much stopped playing video games and my brother moved out to college.

OH xD This one applied to my brother only: When I first started learning guitar, my brother was not allowed to tell me I suck or discourage me, or even tell me to stop playing unless he was trying to do homework, study, or sleep. I didn't even know this until my brother told me this as an adult. He said at first he always wanted to tell me to stop because I sucked, but as I got better he actually enjoyed listening to me practice.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 1

my parental unit was militant strict. 

i could list the rules...but let's just say watch 'full metal jacket' to get an idea. 

he was an abusive man, that didn't like that i was born a girl...and reminded me of my genetic downfall on a constant basis. 

so..i was raised the way his dad raised him. with a belt, a heavy hand, and no love. 

i had to join sports all the time. 

and that was a whole seperate issue. 

'my integrity was for shit! i needed to WIN, WIN, WIN'

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

my parental unit was militant strict. 

i could list the rules...but let's just say watch 'full metal jacket' to get an idea. 

he was an abusive man, that didn't like that i was born a girl...and reminded me of my genetic downfall on a constant basis. 

so..i was raised the way his dad raised him. with a belt, a heavy hand, and no love. 

i had to join sports all the time. 

and that was a whole seperate issue. 

'my integrity was for shit! i needed to WIN, WIN, WIN'

I really give credit to my dad for being a drill Sargent but not bringing that home. He never beat us not even once. My mom was the disciplinarian.

Sorry yer dad was hard on you but maybe it made you turn out great?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

I really give credit to my dad for being a drill Sargent but not bringing that home. He never beat us not even once. My mom was the disciplinarian.

Sorry yer dad was hard on you but maybe it made you turn out great?

funny you say that. 

but yeah...i think i'm a better person. i didn't hold onto that shit, like some people do. 

i look at it like 'he didn't kill me, just made me stronger'

except that one time he through me down the stairs because i lost my bus pass. 

it was right after that i left. 

but, i mean...he taught me how to fight like a dude...so. 

he gave me gumption, get up and go, do your shit once and well, all that stuff. 

he adored my sibling. and honestly, probably because she was blond/porcelain. 

i met up with later in life, right before i went into service, and he was proud of me then, but, 

probably because right after mos school i got orders to saudi. maybe he thought i was gonna' die?

than he could brag? eh...iono. that is ancient history. 

3 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm sorry, but this is horrible. 

Anyway, off the top of my head, my mom wouldn't let me watch MTV throughout my entire childhood and adolescence. I still did behind her back, though.

She also wouldn't let us have any rap music in the house. This didn't affect (effect?) me, but it did my brother.

Once my brother and I had amassed three video game consoles (NES, SNES, and N64), my mom wouldn't let us get any more unless we got rid of one, because we "already had too many video games." That might not seem weird, but she wouldn't even let us have any more even if my brother and I paid for it ourselves. My brother and I both wanted a Playstation, but neither of us wanted to get rid of any of our Nintendos, so we never had any Playstations growing up. By the time the Game Cube came out, I had pretty much stopped playing video games and my brother moved out to college.

OH xD This one applied to my brother only: When I first started learning guitar, my brother was not allowed to tell me I suck or discourage me, or even tell me to stop playing unless he was trying to do homework, study, or sleep. I didn't even know this until my brother told me this as an adult. He said at first he always wanted to tell me to stop because I sucked, but as I got better he actually enjoyed listening to me practice.

If I were in your shoes and I had to sacrifice one console to in order to get a PlayStation I'd get rid of the N64 in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.