UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland confirmed, will premiere on April 13

Blatch

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

This is a good one, probably second only behind Mob 2's spectacular second season.

Why does Demarco suddenly have good taste now? Why isn't he ramming some horrible Gundam show like Thunderbolt up our asses?

**shrug**

• Haha 1

THE GOOD: I finally have an excuse not to put W'z as my anime of the season, even though I totally would. 9_9

THE BAD: Not Mob Psycho 100 II.

THE UGLY: The obligatory rape episode of SAO Alicization airs during back-to-back week #2.

THE WILD CARD: This is the closest we're ever gonna get to Elfen Lied on [as] outside of Turner S&P giving episode 1 a look for the lulz. (Same director.)

• Like 1

I've been lazy in watching anime lately, so I'm way behind on the ones I wanted to follow. For this show, I only watched the first episode. It'll stay that way until the Toonami broadcast. So, I'm looking forward to this.

• Like 2

This is the show replacing Megalobox!

Cool! I am following the sub and it;s realy good. But with many shows I am wondering a few things...

1. why was this so different than any other anime to the point where Toonami was forced to not reveal what it was until 9 days before it airs?? I see that whoever prevented the crew from revealing it also took that SAO glitch into account!

2. amidst all the hype and true quality of the show, ...

the story really doesn't pick up in the middle at all. It's just a bunch of planning and build-up to the actual escape, currently starting on Episode 11! 11!  And this show is only supposed be like 13 episodes, which could run the risk of following it weekly boring as shit, and further lowering the ratings down further than if it didn't air at all! I mean we're only one episode away from its end, and it feels like we only just got the adventure going!

Edited by elfie

18 minutes ago, elfie said:

2. amidst all the hype and true quality of the show, ...

Hide contents

the story really doesn't pick up in the middle at all. It's just a bunch of planning and build-up to the actual escape, currently starting on Episode 11! 11!  And this show is only supposed be like 13 episodes, which could run the risk of following it weekly boring as shit, and further lowering the ratings down further than if it didn't air at all! I mean we're only one episode away from its end, and it feels like we only just got the adventure going!

I'm increasingly less and less stunned at the sheer absurdity of how terrible Toonami opinions consistently are.

• Like 2

Yeah I have to correct some mistakes.  I got excited and jumped to conclusions.

It is NOT 9 days until its premiere on Toonami, it's 16.

Also, today's episode, the 12th, IS the last one!  And we even have a second season coming, so I hope we get more of the continuing story!

27 minutes ago, Daos said:

My only complaint is that by not saying anything until the last minute, I'm once again rewatching a show I just watched =P

Well this is around the time they usually pick up new shows.  It's just this time, it was unfortunate that they had to announce the DAY the first season finished its run!

... was that Aniplex's intention?? Toonami couldn't announce it until all 12 episodes were released!? What is this?? Netflix!?

Edited by elfie

Yeah but it's also an unexpected choice. I stopped watching the latest SAO 3 episodes in because it was slow as balls, and there was a 99 percent chance it would be on Toonami.

I literally watched the final episode and then saw this thread. They must have made some deal where they can only spill the goods about airing it after the final episode aired, otherwise some people might wait until it airs on Toonami.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

THE GOOD: I finally have an excuse not to put W'z as my anime of the season, even though I totally would. 9_9

THE BAD: Not Mob Psycho 100 II.

THE UGLY: The obligatory rape episode of SAO Alicization airs during back-to-back week #2.

THE WILD CARD: This is the closest we're ever gonna get to Elfen Lied on [as] outside of Turner S&P giving episode 1 a look for the lulz. (Same director.)

Speaking of Elfen Lied, totally random headline on Crunchyroll about it today.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-news/2019/03/28/tiger-lab-vinyl-reveals-elfen-lied-soundtrack-as-next-2019-release

Edited by Daos
  • Confused 1

I saw Caboose Jr. post this as a community thing on Youtube, but didn't get around to looking into it further than that.

I was going to complain about Toonami getting yet another long-runner, which would leave less room for new 1 season or seasonal series.  But this show is just 12 episodes, and the second season isn't coming until 2020?  I suppose it won't be much of an issue there, then, at least for now.

If I remember correctly, the manga for The Promised Neverland premiered right around when Bleach ended.  It wasn't the replacement for Bleach.  That manga actually got cancelled pretty quickly.  Bleh.  I remember glancing over the pages and not being a fan of the art style or that it's about little kids.  But people say it's actually good?  I'll give it a shot.  Just not what I was expecting Toonami to pick up.

Another double hour of SAO?  SAO is calling in the debt for the chucklefest some of you had during the glitch incident.

Edited by ben0119

On 3/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Oh hell you're right.  It would be episode 9 & 10 back-to-back that week.  Well, at least we'll get through the rapisode faster that way!

Edited by ben0119

On 3/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, Blatch said:
Unfortunately, we're getting another round of double SAO before it for some reason, and they haven't even finalized the 4/13 schedule yet. What the heck is going on down there?

If this show even makes it to air, enjoy how good it is.

What would they have done if the glitch didn't happen?  More back-to-back SAO?  Does SAO ending sooner not mess with any plans?  How the hell were they not able to announce The Promised Neverland until now and why can't they run it sooner?  They've known more or less when MegaloBox was going to end since they got it, and you would think would've planned far ahead of time accordingly.  It comes off like they're a bunch of procrastinating slop-asses.  It makes me think of Robert Justman standing on Gene Roddenberry's desk to get him to finish script re-writes for Star Trek so they could shoot the episodes.

"In desperation, [Justman] walked into Gene Roddenberry's office, climbed up on top of his desk, and stood there loudly declaring he would not move one inch until Gene finished the rewrite on the scene. And he stood there until Gene finished. He then accepted the new scene with thanks, jumped off the desk and walked out of the office. For quite a while after that it was common site to see Bob Justman standing on top of Gene Roddenberry's desk waiting for him to finish rewriting a scene so he could hurry down to the set and give it to the director."

Edited by ben0119

They probably can’t air it sooner because the dub isn’t ready yet. Frankly, I’m shocked that Aniplex is already in the process of dubbing Neverland given the season just ended this week. That turnaround might actually be slightly faster than SAO Alicization.

Sure if Aniplex needed more time then Toonami could have gotten something else to throw on in a pinch but that would significantly delay starting Neverland until at least June. It’s better to create a two week stop gap then push Neverland off for three more months.

Hell, they could have just ran an FLCL to buy time but instead they are doubling up a premiere a couple of weeks.

Sometimes ya’ll complain about nothing.

• Like 2

With this development, I'm actually kinda pissed they couldn't just keep the 4 AM hour by rerunning Mob Psycho Season 1 and keeping Gundam IBO on the air!

Boondocks and Black Dynamite aren't doing THAT much better. But maybe since we're not getting Mob Psycho Season 2 anytime soon, Season 1 will return along with Megalobox in that late hour?

[poor Gundam]

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Also, first noitaminA show on Toonami! So my Psycho-Pass dream was half-right.

Maybe one day it'll air. I really thought we'd get Psycho-Pass back then.

I'm a bit behind, but I've LOVED what I've seen of this show so I can't wait to see it on Toonami!

9 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

With this development, I'm actually kinda pissed they couldn't just keep the 4 AM hour by rerunning Mob Psycho Season 1 and keeping Gundam IBO on the air!

Yeah, I would have liked both of those being in repeat, and finishing the IBO repeat since I like Gundam a ton.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

It has now been confirmed by DeMarco that Episodes 9 and 10 will premiere back-to-back starting at 12:30 this Saturday night.

Of course, it's not like many will actually be watching because TVs in every bar will be frozen on Final Four highlights all night...

I don't think there's a lot of crossover audience there...