UnevenEdge

Thundercats returns...kinda

Jman

4 hours ago, mochi said:

maybe if we're lucky it'll be like Steven Universe and Star VS. the Forces of evil and will suddenly get super dark and fucked up 2 seasons in

Or this is TT Go because that’s all they do and they drink the tears of people over 12 to live.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mochi said:

maybe if we're lucky it'll be like Steven Universe and Star VS. the Forces of evil and will suddenly get super dark and fucked up 2 seasons in

Two things that only give me any hope

1. This is gonna be directed by Jeremy Polgar, whose anatomy, composition, animation, and storyboarding skills are to DIE  for.

2. It's filled with anime dub actors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3ngag3 said:

You know who's complaining about this the most?

People who wanted a more mature Thundercats series, but never watched the one we got which was EXACTLY THAT.

Remember that they were renewed until LEGO sold CN Legends of Chima.

Yeah...

• Confused 1

OH GOD DAMN IT!

Also, They don't even look like cats.

LET'S MAKE A THUNDERCATS VERSION OF TEEN TITANS GO!  EVERYONE LOVED THAT, RIGHT? LOLOLOL

And using a similar art style to Stephen Universe.

"This series is all about honoring the original.  As a fan, this is the show I want, so I hope others want it too."  AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That creator looks like a total douche bag with that little girl pony tail on top of is head.  About as face-punchable as they get.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Two things that only give me any hope

1. This is gonna be directed by Jeremy Polgar, whose anatomy, composition, animation, and storyboarding skills are to DIE  for.

2. It's filled with anime dub actors.

1. But the art style is shit, so who cares.

2. And two of them are playing two characters each.  Cheapness and laziness!

4 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

People who wanted a more mature Thundercats series, but never watched the one we got which was EXACTLY THAT.

I liked the new Thundercat show as well. Nostalgia aside, it was a much better more well thought out show than the original.

The original had Lion O losing the sword of omens literally every other episode as the plot device. Then he'd grab it and win. That was literally half the episodes and there were a LOT of episodes.

• Like 3

:|

Why is WIleyKat bald with a really bad side combover / fright wig thing going on? And why does everyone have power cankles all the way to their hips? I thought this was 'ThunderCats' not 'ThunderHippos' . 

This is definitely not the reboot that actual ThunderCat fans have wanted. I made horrible paper dolls of ThunderCats because I couldn't have the real toys that still look better than the character specs for this thing. 

And the sad thing is, this fart-festival is going to get more ad space and aire time than the last reboot ever did during it's entire run on both CN and [ as ] because pushing cheap, doughy looking animation is 'good' . -.-;

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaptainStarwind said:

I do have to wonder how long making comedy reboots of action shows is going to profitable for Cartoon Network.  First we had Teen Titans Go, then whatever the hell they did with Ben 10, now Thundercats.  How long will this continue to work for Cartoon Network? 

If they can make bug-eyed starfish people the new animated 'normal' , it will work as long as there are franchise to redo. 

22 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

speak for yourself, I loved that Thundercats series and I was angry as fuck when they cancelled it

• Like 2

Goddamnit....

First not continuing TC 2011 which I liked (and had more potential than they pulled off) and now this....sigh

4 hours ago, mochi said:

speak for yourself, I loved that Thundercats series and I was angry as fuck when they cancelled it

Same here man, I loved the 2011 show.

• Like 1

There's so much soul-crushing negativity in this thread.

When are you people going to understand that you can just ignore things that you don't like? And yeah, what happened with the 2011 TC show is a tragedy, but there's little that can be done to fix what happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Blatch said:

When are you people going to understand that you can just ignore things that you don't like? And yeah, what happened with the 2011 TC show is a tragedy, but there's little that can be done to fix what happened.

I don't necessarily think it's wrong for people to express displeasure at the new Thundercats.  I mean, looking at the artstyle and direction the show is going to take, some people (especially fans of the 2011 show) were bound to be offended or put-off by this.  I understand that we, as adults, aren't the target audience for the show, and that in the end, our opinions don't really matter, but given how Cartoon Network seems to have treated straight action animation in the last few years, I can understand why people would want to vent.  At least within reason.  Suggesting that the showrunner should go kill himself is above what I would call reasonable.

16 hours ago, Jman said:

Also is there any reason Western animation has to make everyone look like a genderless blob now?

I was kind of thinking the same thing myself.  It's just the style nowadays, I think.  It quick and easy to draw, which usually translates to cheaper.  A lot of these shows are primarily comedy, too, so they really don't need detailed figures.  I'd also imagine that Adventure Time being a huge success also had something to do with it.

48 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Dude, the guy said he hates the old show and is changing it to the way he would like.  Come the fuck on.

Wow don't think I ever met an 80's kid that hated Thundercats.

Ok uhhh I don't want to call this guy a liar. But he's probably a liar. He's 33. Thundercats ran from 85 to 89. He was 4 when the show stopped airing. Unless it got a bunch of reruns on some channel after its run, there's no way he remembers a single damn episode of it. 

He's behaving like a typical shill. Acting like it doesn't look horrible when it clearly looks horrible. Acting like this comedic reboot is going to be better than the original. I wish people didn't feel like they have to lie just because someone at their company was making a shitty product.

It's a shameless attempt at finding another property to turn into another TTG and he knows it. 

• Like 2

I've never cared about either TC series, so I find this amusing. I echo a lot of the sentiments already said in this thread, such as they're trying to cash in on the popularity of Teen Titans Go by using the same format on another old action property... The art style does remind me of Steven Universe and does not serve an action show. And even the title of the show is direct copying of the Teen Titans Go format. Someone in the thread said they should've called it "Thundercats, Ho!" instead, and while that would be truer to the original show, it might make it a little TOO obvious they're just trying to cash in on TTG's popularity. :D

I don't even care about this one way or the other, but I can tell this is bottom of the barrel excrement cash grab... All the fans can hope for is the first few episodes don't center on shit like milk mustaches and sandwiches. :D

DeMarco does have a point about cartoons on day time TV being aimed at kids, so adults' opinions don't even matter to them... But I think this is a really regressive way of thinking. I really don't think cartoon audiences should be hardlined split into this dichotomy of kids shows vs adult shows that we currently have. There's plenty of animated "family movies" (not kids movies) that parents enjoy watching with their kids, like Shrek and Finding Nemo, for instance. I don't know why TV cartoons can't have a similar aim of appealing to both adults and kids. In modern times more than ever before have adults been watching cartoons by their own volition (as opposed to letting their kids pick what to watch while they sit in the room), but instead of embracing this new demographic, they just flat out write it off and effectively say, "You're too old for cartoons. Grow up." It just seems like bad business practices that could ultimately sink the network, especially if other networks eventually pick up on this strategy of purposely making cartoons that appeal to both kids and adults alike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blatch said:

Because ignoring things doesn't make it do poorly and wind up being a flop. Just because I don't watch TTG out of spite it doesn't mean it didn't get 5 or so additional seasons, insane amounts of reruns, and a fuckin theatrical movie!  I am even upset these shows get made in the first place.  We have no power.

Edited by elfie

Well, I guess I was just mad because this project basically forced a mass shooting at a high school out of the news cycle. But I definitely shouldn't bother with relating things to politics in here.

I also don't happen to give a shit about Cartoon Network nowadays. I have no nostalgia for what used to air, because I'm not really nostalgic about anything. If I cared about the network and the shows airing on it, I would at least want to know if this is halfway decent. It would be nice for today's kids to have their own ThunderCats show, even if it's inherently inferior to the 2011 reboot. There's been a lot of chatter about "teh CalArts style" making this one ruined, but at the same time, shows like Gravity Falls have that character design style, but their actual animation style can be much different, and that apparently isn't bad. That's just one example I remember from my Twitter feed.

It just feels like every constructive point to be made about this already has, and now we're just pissing all over each other in the basement as a way to pass the time. :|

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Because ignoring things doesn't make it do poorly and wind up being a flop. Just because I don't watch TTG out of spite it doesn't mean it didn't get 5 or so additional seasons, insane amounts of reruns, and a fuckin theatrical movie!  I am even upset these shows get made in the first place.  We have no power.

...How the hell do you even sleep at night.

• Haha 1

God, you guys realize that if Thundercats Roar becomes another hit with the kids like TTG, that CN will silly-up every old action property they can get their hands on, right? Then that's all the network will be.

The entire fate of the network rests in the hands of the kids and their reactions to Thundercats Roar. And there is nothing the network's adult viewership can do to influence it. Their cries fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Haha 2