UnevenEdge

Darling In The Franxx...

OwlChemist81

2 hours ago, CAC said:

They basically told us all what we kind of figured out or had suspicions of.

You guys look wayyy too deep into this stuff though. I enjoyed the ep because I know what the show is. Have fun hate watching it I guess.

A badly written pile of garbage?

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

So they're cramming as many plot twists as possible into the last part of the show to try and make it better? Meh. Something similar happened with Kill la Kill, but that show was inherently watchable to begin with.

the difference is that Kill la Kill was a PARODY of shows like DITF and it did not take itself seriously in ANY way, whereas DITF takes itself completely seriously

(also KLK wasn't homophobic while DITF is, though I'm no longer so convinced being homophobic was ever their actual intent, I think they're just that inept at writing)

20 minutes ago, Jman said:

It’s not Voltron.

Sorry, sorry, but that show is too easy to mock.

I kinda agree about Voltron but for different reasons than yours

they can't decide if they want it to be a voltron remake or a heterosexuals only Legend of Korra sequel

they should have gone full on with one or the other, either they should've gone full legend of Korra and gone with worldbuilding and gay romance

or they should've gone full Voltron and had space battles

instead they have a bizzare mix of slice of life stuff and implying Keith and lance are gay then saying "but no they're actually straight and will never be a couple" and SOMETIMES brief space battles

APE Honcho:  You, Clone Forty Four!  I have an assignment for you!

C44: Sir?

AH:  We've finished digging out the shaft to our secret weapon, and after a top level cabinet meeting have made a decision.  You're to go immediately to the bottom of the shaft.

C44:  Yes sir!  What should I do there, sir?

AH:  Find a ladder and paint "The bottom" on the wall.

C44:  Sir?

AH:  And make it pink.  ::grumbles::  I wanted neon green, but I was outvoted.

C44: ::finishes carrying out orders::  Hmm.  I may not make it out of this alive.  But I want someone to know I was here.  ::goes to a corner and signs his work::

bottom.jpg.e7f484d5538195dc9bcf1eadb9d90133.jpg

9 hours ago, Blatch said:

So they're cramming as many plot twists as possible into the last part of the show to try and make it better? Meh. Something similar happened with Kill la Kill, but that show was inherently watchable to begin with.

Kill la Kill had more great characters than you could shake a stick at. This show has one good character.

4 hours ago, Daos said:

Kill la Kill had more great characters than you could shake a stick at. This show has one good character.

and that one Good character isn't all that great since she's just a rip-off of Anemone

1 hour ago, mochi said:

and that one Good character isn't all that great since she's just a rip-off of Anemone

Lum...

Sorry, But she has the damn horns and everything!  

Would the show have worked better if Hiro was more like Ataru?

So Kokoro is pregnant.  Like I didn't call that!  Of course, you could see it coming from a mile away, but that's besides the point.  Considering how they haven't explicitly said she's pregnant yet (as well as the fact that her and Mitsuru seem on the cusp of recovering their memories), I'd have to guess that both of them are going to survive the show through the end, probably helping to lead humanity back to having genders and sex and stuff.

The Franxx are klaxosaurs?  Who would have guessed that?!  APE is evil?  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The entire last half of the episode played out like End of Evangelion, except whereas End of Evangelion was (debatably, though I think so) well written and foreshadowed well in advance, this was rushed and barely explained at all.  And even IF you don't really like Evangelion, the fact of the matter is that the basic plot of Evangelion, as well as the ending to the show, has pretty much entered every anime fan's public consciousness.  Unless you are entirely new to anime, it's almost impossible not to know what happens in Evangelion.  And that, to me, is what makes the course this show took even worse.  I keep looking back at Evangelion while watching DITF and thinking, "They've done this before" or "They've done this better."  The show just isn't original.  Klaxosaurs are Angels.  Franxx are EVA.  Hiro, for the first half of the show, was basically Shinji.  APE is Seele.  Whatever happened in the last episode sounds pretty much like Instrumentality.  Hell, one of the pilots (can't remember her name, oh darn) IS Asuka with a flat chest.  I mean, there's homages, and then there's just blatant ripping off.  And that's what this show is: a blatant ripoff of Evangelion.

This is a bit more vitriolic than I tend to be, which is what happens when I need sleep, I guess.  I'll go do that now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, elfie said:

.... boy I bet he regrets making that previous video...

side note, the clip showing how Zero Two was made reminds me a lot of the episode that shows how Anemone was made

313140.jpg

namely that she was created by doing hideous physical experiments on human girls until they transformed into Coralian girls

7 hours ago, Jman said:

Lum...

Sorry, But she has the damn horns and everything!  

Would the show have worked better if Hiro was more like Ataru?

xU0WsgmF3oOiQFWfZQtrazJZtpIemr874znOUB0R

and to be fair Asuka from Eva also has little red horns

1637335_1498780955026_full.jpg

(they're hairclips but it counts)

Edited by mochi

Im caught up. Tbh i dont dislike these last eps but i kinda liked it when they were building char. dev. instead.

But at the same time i feel like they got so wrapped up in the chars they forgot about the plot till the last couple eps. Now its like "ah crap we gotta explain stuff in like 4 eps guys!" And theyre throwing a buncha twists at us lol. 

But eh i still like it. Tbh i started watching this anyway after seeing a clip of how they pilot i thought "lolz this is gonna be dumb why not." And i dont rly take anime all the srs anymore.

So itll prolly have a terrible ending but eh still enjoying it at least. 

Btw zero2 is and always will be best girl. 

For the most part, the show's been coasting off of how great Zero Two is in comparison to the other guys she's surrounded by, and the jokes that fans/viewers are making about the show made it worth following. Other than that, what's left aside from the mad dash the show's taking to get to the end? 

And with almost everyone and everything gone other than the parasites, it defeats the purpose of even fighting back. What answers or closure are any of the kids going to get now that almost all the adults aside from Hachi and Nana are gone? The only winners in this outcome are probably Zero Two and Hiro, who are now chosen to transcend humanity as a force of nature akin to the Klaxosaur Princess. I can call it here that 22 will be waking up Zero Two, 23 will be gearing up to fight VIRM, and 24 will be fighting VIRM because that's the only logical conclusion it can go now that they're written themselves into being only able to focus on the action of whats to come instead of giving any of the characters a sense of closure now that everything's gone to shit and no one's around to help them last any longer than they did when they ran out of supplies at their home base.

Also, farewell Dr. Franxx. You might not have been able to sniff the Klaxosaur Princess' feet, but you did get to explode like a watermelon being devoured by a hippo.

19 hours ago, Daos said:

Hmm that felt kind of like a final episode. How many episodes is this getting again?

It's getting 24, but I totally agree that it felt like the last episode. 

This last episode wasn't actually terrible, in my opinion.  Being more of a plot episode probably helped that fact. 

Tell me, am I the only one who can't help but compare VIRM to the Covers in Kill la Kill or the Anti-Spiral?  Because now that they said they're aliens, that's all I can think of.

Edited by CaptainStarwind
Screw the spoiler tags

It's pretty similar but it was done much better in those two anime. This really came out of the blue.

I'm not sure you need to use spoilers in this thread since we just kind of assume you're up to date when posting here.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:12 PM, Daos said:

She's the only good character the show has

Maybe when she still had a personality, but then once she realized Hiro was her man, she got all domesticated and "whatever you want, dear," and turned into the 13s' house mother.  She had a faint ember of her old self briefly flare up when she was trying to get to him, but then she got to him and went catatonic.  Plus, "Yeah, sure you tortured me throughout my childhood and lied to me and shit, but hey, no biggie, all's forgiven, thanks for making me for Hiro. Well, I'm off to sacrifice myself for him, seeya round!"

• Like 1

Boing 

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/06/19-1/kotobukiya-previews-darling-in-the-franxx-main-heroine-zero-two-figure-in-video-and-photos

So anyway... I'm calling coma.... then saved by the power of love. Any other theories?

Oh and I forgot.....since her horns broke, maybe she becomes human. That was her greatest wish and what they told her would happen if she killed all the Klaxxosaurs.

Edited by Daos

4 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Getting back to the reason this thread was made... yeah, Darling in the Frankxx probably shouldn't be on Toonami. The audience will consider it a trainwreck the likes of which Toonami hasn't seen since the last SAO season ended.

If I does end up on Toonami I'm either gonna commit to skipping it, or I'll have to resume drinking hard liquor to get through it

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

Getting back to the reason this thread was made... yeah, Darling in the Frankxx probably shouldn't be on Toonami. The audience will consider it a trainwreck the likes of which Toonami hasn't seen since the last SAO season ended.

Yeah, as much as I like parts of the show, the whole of it makes me say “Wait for SSSS Gridman.”

5 hours ago, Blatch said:

kekkaishi I will still say was the worst show that's been on the block. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

kekkaishi I will still say was the worst show that's been on the block. 

I'd have to go with Dimension W as the worst, if we're not counting stuff like Wulin warriors.

Honorable mentions go to Casshern sins and Tokyo Ghoul.

Ben actually likes Kekkashi... I have no idea why.

8 hours ago, Blatch said:

It's because of this that Darling in the Franxx would actually be a good fit for Toonami

47 minutes ago, Daos said:

I'd have to go with Dimension W as the worst, if we're not counting stuff like Wulin warriors.

Honorable mentions go to Casshern sins and Tokyo Ghoul.

Ben actually likes Kekkashi... I have no idea why.

Yeah I don't get why he liked it either.  As for why ASA even got the show, I want to assume that it was one of those bulk deals. Same thing happened when they got FLCL and Evangelion, in also picking up Super Milk Chan. Then some anime are just better as manga. One example is rosario vampire. The anime is nothing but a harem fanservice type deal. The manga has lots of battles and dark elements. 

I just assume they have a very limited selection of what they can get and when they can get it, so if a newish show shows up that's available they just take it and don't worry about whether or not its good or if anyone will like it.

That's how I like to explain Black Clover anyway.

From what I remember, the only 100% confirmed package deal was Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent. My guess is that [as] wanted Champloo but Geneon wanted them to air it alongside one of their other properties. They had a poll asking what shows users wanted on the block between Champloo, PA, and Gungrave. Champloo won the poll with Gungrave in second, but they aired PA instead, likely because TechTV nabbed the rights to Gungrave first.

And while this one's unconfirmed, I whole-heartedly believe that Akame ga KILL! and Parasyte were in a package deal also. For obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

From what I remember, the only 100% confirmed package deal was Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent. My guess is that [as] wanted Champloo but Geneon wanted them to air it alongside one of their other properties. They had a poll asking what shows users wanted on the block between Champloo, PA, and Gungrave. Champloo won the poll with Gungrave in second, but they aired PA instead, likely because TechTV nabbed the rights to Gungrave first.

And while this one's unconfirmed, I whole-heartedly believe that Akame ga KILL! and Parasyte were in a package deal also. For obvious reasons.

I think it was @brianycpht who speculated on Twitter that My Hero Academia and Pop Team Epic, both shows from Funi, were obtained in a package deal, if only because DeMarco mentioned them both (albeit through obtuse monikers) in the same tweet. This theory will be further boosted if the "in the pocket" show is also a Funimation property.

6 hours ago, Blatch said:

I think it was @brianycpht who speculated on Twitter that My Hero Academia and Pop Team Epic, both shows from Funi, were obtained in a package deal, if only because DeMarco mentioned them both (albeit through obtuse monikers) in the same tweet. This theory will be further boosted if the "in the pocket" show is also a Funimation property.

Pretty sure it's AOT S3 right?

Probably, although it does imply that DeMarco inked a deal for more AoT several months before its actual premiere, which would be impressive. At this point, I think it's genuinely possible for S3 to replace FLCL Progressive and premiere a full week before it does Japan. At any rate, it's probably at least getting a same-week dubbed airing.