UnevenEdge

Darling In The Franxx...

OwlChemist81

Let's see, KLK had a great first episode but one of the fastest nosedives I've ever seen. I didn't like the comedy much and that wasn't the central point of the first episode. It had some in ep 1, of course, but waited until 2 to begin the perpetual barrage of cringey gags. I homestly hated Mako more nearly any character to date just because they put so much screentime into her lolrandumb "jokes" and it never lands, Mako alone was enough to make the show virtually unbearable. I also didn't like how repetitive the story was, every arc Ryoko learns the same lesson as if the previous dozen times never happened. 

Kiznaiver I dropped after 2 episodes because it was the bare minimum to qualify as a show.

Luluco and Inferno Cop give me splitting headaches.

Aside from Ninja Slayer (never bothered) and LWA (never got around to) I don't even recognize basically anything else on their MAL. Didn't bother with FranXX since most faith in Trigger is gone for me.

My opinion on Kill la Kill is that the first half is pretty good, as I liked all the outrageous, schlocky fun it had... but then the writers made things more serious, and tried to cram in as many plot twists as they possibly could (most of which were pretty trite), which the show suffered for. It was still enjoyable up through the last few episodes, but that definitely put a hamper on things.

As for the other Trigger shows, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace is literally only remembered for the scene where Saori Hayami's character goes on a five-minute breaking rant at someone, which has some of the most insane overacting in any anime made in the past ten years. Basically, Trigger got upstaged by someone else, which is ironic.

4 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Mako was fine, but her family had the most painful introduction, I could barely even fathom why people liked them. My reaction to the whole dinner scene was pretty much the same as Ryuko's. Complete dumbfoundedness.

I include her family when I say Mako was insufferable. It's not like any of them have much characterization aside from basically being Mako.

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

My opinion on Kill la Kill is that the first half is pretty good, as I liked all the outrageous, schlocky fun it had... but then the writers made things more serious, and tried to cram in as many plot twists as they possibly could (most of which were pretty trite), which the show suffered for. It was still enjoyable up through the last few episodes, but that definitely put a hamper on things.

As for the other Trigger shows, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace is literally only remembered for the scene where Saori Hayami's character goes on a five-minute breaking rant at someone, which has some of the most insane overacting in any anime made in the past ten years. Basically, Trigger got upstaged by someone else, which is ironic.

Ha I remember that rant.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daos said:

hes entirely right, any possible appeal this series could have had was just totally fucked by the fact that they kept backpedaling from all the logical conclusions at literally every turn

they acknowlage that not all humans could afford the immortality serum,

logical conclusion = Klaxosaurs are the original humans

the show = nope, totally unrelated klaxosaurs aren't human

they reveal that the kids disease is a ploy

logical conclusion = the kids rebel because of the deception

the show = nah they just come clean and cure it at the last second

Mitsuru and Ikuno are revealed to be in love with same sex characters

logical conclusion = Mitsuru and Ikuno fall in love with one of the other characters who have ALSO expressed an interest in same sex contact (like Zorome since he tried to kiss Hiro)

the show = nope Mitsuru is marrying and fucking Kokoro because she said she's gay friendly and Ikuno is gonna get told that only Klaxxosaurs are allowed to be gay because "SILLY LESBIAN GAY IS FOR NON-HUMANS!"

the nines are introduced with some of them piloting in same sex pairs

logical conclusion = plantation 13 is lying about only heterosexual pairings working and Ikuno and Mitsuru rebel and prove otherwise

the show = it's because the 9's are Klaxxosaurs and Klaxxosaurs are a one gender species......even thought that still shouldn't explain why they can pilot in lesbian pairs and the humans can't

it's almost as if the entire show was just trolling the viewers by dropping hints that lead to theories...then throwing them out as soon as those theories appeared to have merrit