UnevenEdge

Darling In The Franxx...

OwlChemist81

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean!?!

Toonami is awful.

There's HxH and the worst arc of JoJo, but those are essentially the only things worth watching there - reruns nit included, that is. And nearly everything, the aforementioned included, is readily available through legal means elsewhere without the Saturday in the middle of the night restriction.

The bulk of it is either stuff you could already watch or reruns of stuff aired countless times, albeit better than their typical Akame ga Kill premiere pickups.

And I get it, they had Samurai Jack which I've heard plenty of good things about and an upcoming FLCL sequel nobody asked for since it's wholly unnecessary. But  does 2 or 3 original series of less than a dozen episodes a pop with erratic releases not even guaranteed to happen from year-to-year, much less seasonally, really justify staying up to 2 in the morning on a weekly basis to watch shows you could have watched on your own time?

Toonami isn't awful, but I do get where that opinion is coming from. I'm pretty much at the point where I don't even need to watch it anymore, but it has some interesting shows that are worth staying up for... responsibly. I at least tape Outlaw Star so my sleep patterns won't be as fucked up.

• Thanks 1

Apparently A-1 has a bunch of Gainax vets, which furthers my theory that Gainax and its successors love their metaphors.  In this case, it's a metaphor for puberty and the discovery of romance.

Also Zero Two is Lum.  There's no real way to put it.  She's Lum from Uruesi Yatsura.  Good stuff.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, that's your opinion, one that might be partially backed up by declining ratings, but still, your opinion.

Or maybe you're just sore because they don't air Inuyasha anymore?

Lolwut?

I haven't been much of an Inuyasha fan since 2004 or 2005.

What they do or don't air doesn't matter much to me since they haven't had much of a lineup I would have bothered with in years. A couple shows here and there, perhaps, but far from a lineup that looked especially good.

Yeah they weren't so subtle with the doggystyle were they? First time I saw them getting strapped in I was like oh come onnnnnnn that ass is right there. It's RIGHT THERE. I'd be too busy getting a massive erection to save the world if I was their age. Also I'm gonna be honest... when I saw that it takes two people to pilot the mechs I thought of Pacific Rim. I always thought it was stupid in that movie as well.

I agree with Naraku about Toonami being terrible, not about HxH of course. It's a bunch of Shonen and reruns.

I've even started to sour on Jojo, it just doesn't seem like its going anywhere. It's just stand of the week, someone ends up eating shit or getting peed on.

At least Super gets good in 60 episodes!

4 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

And erectile disfunction and cuckoldry.  And doggy-style.  They may  love their metaphors, but they're about as subtle with them as a sledgehammer.

Why else would the girl that introduces our broken bird to romance be Lum?  Subtlety is a foreign concept to Trigger and Gainax vets.

11 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Toonami is awful.

There's HxH and the worst arc of JoJo, but those are essentially the only things worth watching there - reruns nit included, that is. And nearly everything, the aforementioned included, is readily available through legal means elsewhere without the Saturday in the middle of the night restriction.

The bulk of it is either stuff you could already watch or reruns of stuff aired countless times, albeit better than their typical Akame ga Kill premiere pickups.

And I get it, they had Samurai Jack which I've heard plenty of good things about and an upcoming FLCL sequel nobody asked for since it's wholly unnecessary. But  does 2 or 3 original series of less than a dozen episodes a pop with erratic releases not even guaranteed to happen from year-to-year, much less seasonally, really justify staying up to 2 in the morning on a weekly basis to watch shows you could have watched on your own time?

Aaaaaaand muted...

7 hours ago, Daos said:

Yeah they weren't so subtle with the doggystyle were they? First time I saw them getting strapped in I was like oh come onnnnnnn that ass is right there. It's RIGHT THERE. I'd be too busy getting a massive erection to save the world if I was their age. Also I'm gonna be honest... when I saw that it takes two people to pilot the mechs I thought of Pacific Rim. I always thought it was stupid in that movie as well.

I agree with Naraku about Toonami being terrible, not about HxH of course. It's a bunch of Shonen and reruns.

I've even started to sour on Jojo, it just doesn't seem like its going anywhere. It's just stand of the week, someone ends up eating shit or getting peed on.

They haven't been taught sex ed, they probably have no idea what their developing bodies even mean.  That doesn't mean however that the boys don't get hard.  ... I wonder how they react whenever that happens! :o

Yall can say what you want but my theory is, if you think Toonami is awful, why the fuck are you all even here?  Find dignity in everything you do, and if you can't maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

Edited by elfie

4 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

That's what I've been telling him, and he keeps announcing his ignoring of people like they're supposed to care.

And then he wonders why on noded he was targeted for down votes because of stupid shit like this

Currently I'm dealing with a idiot called fuggs in dumpster fire

9 hours ago, Daos said:

Stardust is my least favorite arc. Although the tone of the OVAs is more serious, I find the condensed nature of at least the second half [Star Wars-esque release, "second half" being released before "first half"; the part released earlier is the one I'm talking about] to work wonders on the pacing. And the end Dio fight is incredible for a 90s release, hell even for contemporary standards. Kon was a boss. 

JoJo Part 4 is easily the best arc so far. It's a lot of Stand if the week still, but the  powers are coolet and characters much better.

I just can't see myself watching most of the lineup. Shonen occasionally hits the mark, but I don't think they're often very good narratively and that's what's most important to me.

Edited by naraku360

The thing for me with Toonami is that a lot of it is stuff you need to be in the mood for.  Knowing how Naruto ends soured me on it forever, DBZ is something I’ll take in a chunk every now and then like now that FighterZ is out, and I have no desire to see Hiatus.  Even IBO was on Hulu and I saw it there on my own time.  If I do want to see something, online services likely have me covered.

14 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

Boy, they're being reeeeealy subtle with the innuendos, are they?

franxx1.png.78e4ff817d812a526f96aa6a6fc33b3f.png

franxx2.png.fe999f9e2550402696f226da38045ecc.png

considering the premise seems to be that they pilot the mech by having her lay face down ass up in front of their crotch in the cock-pit, I don't think I'd call it innuendo

I think it's between Overlord and Seven Deadly Sins for top anime this season. Haven't seen anything special from Franxx so far, and I think it will be forgotten after this season. Grancrest is a hyper fast paced mess. Killing bites is enjoyable ecchi fighting trash but that's about it.

Death March is a more enjoyable version of in another world with my smartphone, but that's not saying much.

22 minutes ago, elfie said:

Whelp we have metaphors for everything , we may as well have one for STDs now.  But this may lead to Hiro turning into another ........ whatever-the-hell-Zero-Two-is.  Blue cute lil horns on Hiro would be sweet.

She's supposedly a Klaxxosaur hybrid or something like that. Her blood is blue like those monsters.

A Place Further Than The Universe is my anime of the season, but Darling in the Franxx is starting off good.

Still need to watch this episode coming up, but this was the season for top-shelf comfort anime like Takagi-San and Yuru Camp.

Fate Extra and Kokkoku are interesting too, and I’d put those in a three way tie with Darling.

12 hours ago, Daos said:

What are Klaxxosaurs again and why do they keep attacking? I must have missed that part.

It's not made clear WHAT Klaxxosaurs are yet, but they have stated that the reason they attack is because they are attracted to the magma-like energy source that humanity has been using to sustain itself.