UnevenEdge

IPB Upgrade Discussion

2 minutes ago, viperxmns said:

Hm.. wondering if I can set desktop mode on mobile, don't find anything at the bottom of the page

Not sure. I think the theme is responsive, so if your mobile browser's "Request Desktop Site" function isn't working I don't think so.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mewn said:

Hahaha, it's funny when I see my old posts and they still have the original format I posted them in. 

I'm a bit curious about that.  Carrying over my question in @stilgar's thread, how many posts are showing up per page for you?  Just before the switch over, my post length was changed from 10 to 50 per page, and it seems that amount has stayed the same for me on the new boards.  Has everyone had the same experience (same amount as before) or has it been made uniform to 50?

1 hour ago, KN said:

I made the global thread and post per page amounts 50.

I don't know if there's a personal setting to change that right now, but if it's requested enough and doesn't exist, we can make it.

Okay, cool.  Since it's something that has been with every iteration of both the ASMB and UEMB, it might be worth looking into adding.  Is the software capable or making changes like that or do you have to buy plug ins?

51 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Okay, cool.  Since it's something that has been with every iteration of both the ASMB and UEMB, it might be worth looking into adding.  Is the software capable or making changes like that or do you have to buy plug ins?

We can either buy plugins or I can make them.

Just now, KN said:

Calm your pants. They still exist, they just haven't been added to this forum software yet.

kay.....also it says we have reputation....I certainly hope that doesn't mean you reinstated the downvote system from Nodebb

I was kinda hoping UE WASN'T gonna go full nodeboards

Just now, mochi said:

kay.....also it says we have reputation....I certainly hope that doesn't mean you reinstated the downvote system from Nodebb

I haven't seen any way for average users to affect the negative point system in our profiles.  It looks like that's for administrative use only.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mochi said:

No, I disabled any way I could find to subtract rep. If you find something please let me know.

• Like 1

I do have one teensy complaint.   You may have a good reason for it, but the limit to daily reactions is hella low.  Like 4 a day or something (I think that was how many I did before it tripped a warning).  If limitations are in order, I would suggest making the limit a lot higher, maybe 20-50 a day?

1 hour ago, Naraku4656 said:

literally everyone is going to ask but is there a way to make the icons square? idc about the size really.

Maybe it's Twitter making me preconditioned to the roundness, but I have no strong opinion on that.

The timed edit thing is... both good and bad. I get why it's there, but it probably shouldn't be this restrictive. It locks you out of editing OPs, which I'm sure those who make threads for the weekly Toonami broadcast aren't going to like, as well as myself, because I have my thread for content ratings and I wanted to update it to feature more recent shows. Oh, and the formatting broke, since we don't have the "glow" function anymore. ¬¬

6 hours ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

And before anyone jumps in - I can't forget to thank @KN and the members of the community who donated to make this happen.

Seconded for @KN, and also to the entire staff.  You guys made this the most seamless change over this community has ever seen.  I think this place is a real testament to the effort all of you put into it.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Also, just a mention, I never saw an e-mail saying the boards were up and running again. I just happened to swing by here for the hell of it just now on my way to do stuff and things elsewhere. 

I was planning on doing that, but then got sidetracked because it didn't get done until I was at work and then because some things are still broken. But I'm putting together a bulk email right now.